Adding a new channel to channel Manager

sammy
Is it possible to add a new channel that opens up any URL in CMS channel manager section ?

For Eg: Suppose my cms is on port 6060 but I want to create a new channel in channel manager that opens up www.google.com

Sameera Thangudu
130 W 42nd Street | New York, NY 10036
sthangudu@northps.com | www.northps.com | WE LEAD WITH EXPERIENCE.

Re: Adding a new channel to channel Manager

Frank van Lankvelt
The channel manager is only intended to be used as a channel editing &
management tool.
It only supports domains that are served by the site toolkit.

Care to elaborate on your use-case?  The example is perhaps a bit too cryptic.

cheers, Frank

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM, sammy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to add a new channel that opens up any URL in CMS channel
> manager section ?
>
> For Eg: Suppose my cms is on port 6060 but I want to create a new channel in
> channel manager that opens up www.google.com
>

> -----
> Sameera Thangudu
> 130 W 42nd Street | New York, NY 10036
> [hidden email] | www.northps.com | WE LEAD WITH EXPERIENCE.

Re: Adding a new channel to channel Manager

sammy
Thanks for your information Frank.

Is it possible to have an icon in the left panel(where I see dashboard, channel manager, Browse icons) that
opens up an Iframe with any URL in hippo CMS ?

Use Case:
We use HippoCMS as our Content manager and publish content to a another website(say X) that
is not managed by Hippo.
When a User uploads a new content and publishes to Website X, we want the user to verifiy the changes of the website without navigating to another Tab in the browser. Basically we want to make HIPPO CMS as a one stop for the user.

Sameera Thangudu
130 W 42nd Street | New York, NY 10036
sthangudu@northps.com | www.northps.com | WE LEAD WITH EXPERIENCE.

Re: Adding a new channel to channel Manager

Mathijs den Burger
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM, sammy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for your information Frank.

Is it possible to have an icon in the left panel(where I see dashboard,
channel manager, Browse icons) that
opens up an Iframe with any URL in hippo CMS ?

Sure, but you have to implement your own perspective component that extends from

  org.hippoecm.frontend.plugins.standards.perspective.Perspective

The cms sources contain several examples, like the BrowserPerspective, AdminPerspective, etc. A perspective supplies an icon and title, and can show any markup (it's a normal Wicket component).

To load the perspective in the CMS UI, add the a node to the repository:

/hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-static/yourPerspectiveLoader
- jcr:primaryType = frontend:plugin
- plugin.class = com.example.YourPerspective

The order of these loader nodes determines the order of the icons on the left-hand side, so move you loader node up and down to position the icon in the UI.

The IPluginConfig parameter in the constructor contains all properties you set on the loader node, so you can easily include your own configuration parameters (e.g. the URL to show in the iframe).

hope this helps,
Mathijs