Adding columns to image picker

Jasper de Vries
First of all, happy new year to you all!

I think I have a simple question, but couldn't find the answer in the
documentation. I'm trying to add an extra column to the image picker of
a 7.6 CMS. Currently there is only one column ("Name") and I wolud like
to add a timestamp (to enable ordering the images on date).

I think this is controlled by

/hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-pickers/images

and / or

/hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-folder-views/hippogallery:stdImageGallery

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jasper

--
DD&H Digital Communication

M.H. Tromplaan 3
7511 JJ Enschede
Netherlands
tel: +31 - 88 482 22 22
fax: +31 - 88 482 22 23
http://www.ddnh.com/

Re: Adding columns to image picker

Frank van Lankvelt
hi Jasper,

sorry 'bout the late response.  Hope it's still useful.
See comments inline.

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Jasper de Vries
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> First of all, happy new year to you all!
>
> I think I have a simple question, but couldn't find the answer in the
> documentation. I'm trying to add an extra column to the image picker of a
> 7.6 CMS. Currently there is only one column ("Name") and I wolud like to add
> a timestamp (to enable ordering the images on date).
>
> I think this is controlled by
>
> /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-pickers/images
>
> and / or
>
> /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-folder-views/hippogallery:stdImageGallery

this is indeed the correct location.  There are a number of column
provider plugins there, and it is possible to add your own.

Subclassing AbstractListColumnProviderPlugin is the easiest way of
implementing a custom column.
A column can have it's own comparator, that will be used to order the documents.

I don't think it's possible to have the column just in the picker
right now, it will also show up in the general browser.

cheers, Frank

On 8-1-2013 15:14, Frank van Lankvelt wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Jasper de Vries wrote:
>> I think I have a simple question, but couldn't find the answer in the
>> documentation. I'm trying to add an extra column to the image picker of a
>> 7.6 CMS. Currently there is only one column ("Name") and I wolud like to add
>> a timestamp (to enable ordering the images on date).
>>
>> I think this is controlled by
>>
>> /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-pickers/images
>>
>> and / or
>>
>> /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-folder-views/hippogallery:stdImageGallery
>>
> this is indeed the correct location.  There are a number of column
> provider plugins there, and it is possible to add your own.
>
> Subclassing AbstractListColumnProviderPlugin is the easiest way of
> implementing a custom column.
> A column can have it's own comparator, that will be used to order the documents.

It works as a charm. Thanks!

> I don't think it's possible to have the column just in the picker
> right now, it will also show up in the general browser.

That's no problem for us.