Adding new page types in CMS

M Nair
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Adding new page types in CMS

Mathijs Brand
Hi,

Maybe i'm not getting exactly what you mean, but isn't the "copy node"
in the console a way to shortcut steps 3 to 9?

Regards,
Mathijs

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Adding new page types in CMS

Mathijs Brand
> sorry if I was not clear...My question is why even go to the console when
> this functionality should be within the /cms/ hst editor.

Aah yes, I'd like that feature too. Maybe someone can shed some light on this.

Re: Adding new page types in CMS

sry for my late response, just back from holiday

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 5:28 PM, M Nair <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Mathijs
>
> sorry if I was not clear...My question is why even go to the console when
> this functionality should be within the /cms/ hst editor.

The hst config editor can only do very basic stuff. Therefore, we are
in the process of replacing most of it by the Channel Manager and the
Template Composer. What you want is more facilitated by the template
composer. You can check the template composer in the GoGreen download.

However, you need to realize that the initial hst configuration needs
to be setup by some developer: The developer decides which parts
(slots) of the page are editable by the template composer: In other
words, where he can change hstcomponent configuration properties, add
new ones and remove them.

The Hst config editor was a first attempt, but this editor merely
modifies the plain jcr structure. The problem with this was that the
backing in memory hst model that is created from the plain jcr tree is
much richter (think about inheritance and alike). Any way, the
template composer will thus provide what you want.

Regarding your description about the 'xml exporting', did you try the
automatic export feature? See [1]

Regards Ard

[1] https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Automatic+export