Authenticated preview site

Jeroen Hoffman
Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up an authenticated preview mount like is described
in [1], using Hippo 7.7.8.

When accessing /site/preview locally I see in
org.hippoecm.hst.core.container.SecurityValve that the current (preview) mount
is used to get to the login form URL. This results in a redirect to
/site/preview/login/form and then a redirect loop.

IMO the redirect should be to /site/login/form, what am I missing to achieve that?

Tnx
Jeroen

[1]
http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/concepts/security/hst-2-authentication-and-authorization-support.html

Re: Authenticated preview site

Ard
On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Jeroen Hoffman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble setting up an authenticated preview mount like is
> described in [1], using Hippo 7.7.8.
>
> When accessing /site/preview locally I see in
> org.hippoecm.hst.core.container.SecurityValve that the current (preview)
> mount is used to get to the login form URL. This results in a redirect to
> /site/preview/login/form and then a redirect loop.

Are you using a custom jsp for the login? Did you use the archetype as
starting point? If so, I can try to reproduce it

Regards Ard

On 15-03-13 16:01, Ard Schrijvers wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Jeroen Hoffman<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having trouble setting up an authenticated preview mount like is
>> described in [1], using Hippo 7.7.8.
>>
>> When accessing /site/preview locally I see in
>> org.hippoecm.hst.core.container.SecurityValve that the current (preview)
>> mount is used to get to the login form URL. This results in a redirect to
>> /site/preview/login/form and then a redirect loop.
>
> Are you using a custom jsp for the login? Did you use the archetype as
> starting point? If so, I can try to reproduce it

Aftermath: in fact I set hst:formloginpage at login/form, which I thought was
the default. But that setting in fact caused the redirect within the same mount
(and rightfully so).

The SecurityValve is now sending a 401 (unauthorized), so I need to actually
*have* the jsp that web.xml's
<error-page><error-code>401</error-code></error-page> element is referring to..

Tnx anyway