Best Practise adding Xinha RichTextEditor to wicket TextArea?

Best Practise adding Xinha RichTextEditor to wicket TextArea?

Dev Vale
Hello again,

I created a plugin that has a textArea that uses an onchange ajax behavior to save data when changes are made.
I would like to know what the best practise is to add the Xinha RichTextEditor to the textArea.

I saw on wicketstuff a version of tinymce that I tried and it "kinda" worked althou there were a few problems.
- tinymce not loading when new document (of my custom document type) is selected (it would load if I used the refresh page on my browser)
- not being able to save due to tinymce being an iframe within the textarea and changes are not captured by the onchangeajaxbehavior.

However to implement was kinda straight forward by adding a TinyMceBehavior to the textarea and adding a head contributor.
Does it also go for Xinha or am I being too simple?
Regards

Dev Vale

Re: Best Practise adding Xinha RichTextEditor to wicket TextArea?

Frank van Lankvelt
hi dev,

the xinha editor in the cms is not available as a reusable behavior.
It integrates with a number of other features (e.g. layout management)
that will make it non-trivial to extract the functionality.

The onchangeajaxbehavior is handled in the xinha plugin by using an
'autosave' feature we developed.  It registers a wicket
pre-call-handler that makes sure that changes are sent to the server
("saved") whenever another wicket ajax call is made.

cheers, Frank

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Dev Vale <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I created a plugin that has a textArea that uses an onchange ajax behavior
> to save data when changes are made.
> I would like to know what the best practise is to add the Xinha
> RichTextEditor to the textArea.
>
> I saw on wicketstuff a version of tinymce that I tried and it "kinda" worked
> althou there were a few problems.
> - tinymce not loading when new document (of my custom document type) is
> selected (it would load if I used the refresh page on my browser)
> - not being able to save due to tinymce being an iframe within the textarea
> and changes are not captured by the onchangeajaxbehavior.
>
> However to implement was kinda straight forward by adding a TinyMceBehavior
> to the textarea and adding a head contributor.
> Does it also go for Xinha or am I being too simple?
> Regards
>
> Dev Vale

Re: Best Practise adding Xinha RichTextEditor to wicket TextArea?

Dev Vale
Hello Frank,

Thank you for the quick and informative response.
I check up on that further then and see what I can come up with :).
Regards,

Dev Vale