Branch for new easy-forms features

Gilgamesh
Hi,

I want to propose to put the changes I make on the easy-forms plugin on separate branches in the forge repo.

https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/easy-forms/plugin/branches/easy-forms-plugin-2.09.xx
https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/easy-forms/component/branches/easy-forms-hst-2.08.xx

First I have a new field type for email adresses. next will a type for URLs. The next main feature will be storing and retrieving the results of form submissions probably in/from the repo.

Regards,

Gilgamesh

Re: Branch for new easy-forms features

marijan milicevic
Hi Gilgamesh

On 10/05/2011 02:32 PM, Gilgamesh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to propose to put the changes I make on the easy-forms plugin on
> separate branches in the forge repo.
>
> https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/easy-forms/plugin/branches/easy-forms-plugin-2.09.xx
> https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/easy-forms/component/branches/easy-forms-hst-2.08.xx
>
> First I have a new field type for email adresses. next will a type for URLs.

I am not sure why you need this or how different this is compared to the
textfield type we already have.
Could you please explain why would you add/need separate email/url fields?

> The next main feature will be storing and retrieving the results of form
> submissions probably in/from the repo.

this is already implemented (see
org.hippoecm.hst.component.support.forms.FormMap usages within EasyForms
project)

--
best regards,
marijan milicevic / developer

Oosteinde 11
1017 WT Amsterdam
+31 (0) 20 522 4466 /T

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Gilgamesh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to propose to put the changes I make on the easy-forms plugin on
> separate branches in the forge repo.

that's indeed the best way to do this.
Please make sure you also update the demo project and create an
upgrade module & documentation if necessary.

thanks, Frank

> https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/easy-forms/plugin/branches/easy-forms-plugin-2.09.xx
> https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/easy-forms/component/branches/easy-forms-hst-2.08.xx
>
> First I have a new field type for email adresses. next will a type for URLs.
> The next main feature will be storing and retrieving the results of form
> submissions probably in/from the repo.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gilgamesh

Re: Branch for new easy-forms features

Gilgamesh
Hi Marijan,

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 14:49, marijan milicevic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gilgamesh
>
> On 10/05/2011 02:32 PM, Gilgamesh wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to propose to put the changes I make on the easy-forms plugin on
>> separate branches in the forge repo.
>>

>> https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/easy-forms/plugin/branches/easy-forms-plugin-2.09.xx
>>
>> https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/easy-forms/component/branches/easy-forms-hst-2.08.xx
>>
>> First I have a new field type for email adresses. next will a type for
>> URLs.
>
> I am not sure why you need this or how different this is compared to the
> textfield type we already have.
> Could you please explain why would you add/need separate email/url fields?

This way the editor can pick a predefined way of validating.
As an added bonus the rendering of these fields on a mobile browser
with html 5 support will give the end-user a customized keyboard to
help fill in this specific kind of field. Otherwise I would have only
made custom validators.

>> The next main feature will be storing and retrieving the results of form
>> submissions probably in/from the repo.
>
> this is already implemented (see
> org.hippoecm.hst.component.support.forms.FormMap usages within EasyForms
> project)

will take a look at that, thanks.

>> Regards,
>>
>> Gilgamesh
>>

> --
> best regards,
> marijan milicevic / developer

> Oosteinde 11
> 1017 WT Amsterdam
> +31 (0) 20 522 4466 /T

Met vriendelijke groet,
Gilgamesh Nootebos
_____

Universiteit van Amsterdam
Informatiseringscentrum - Onderwijs- & Onderzoeksdienstengroep

Gilgamesh Nootebos
Java Ontwikkelaar

Gebouw Rivierstaete 2e etage
Amsteldijk 166 | 1079 LH Amsterdam

T 020 525 3366
http://www.ic.uva.nl
Aanwezig op
ma | di | wo | vr

On 10/05/2011 03:14 PM, Gilgamesh Nootebos wrote:

> Hi Marijan,
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 14:49, marijan milicevic
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi Gilgamesh
>>
>> On 10/05/2011 02:32 PM, Gilgamesh wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to propose to put the changes I make on the easy-forms plugin on
>>> separate branches in the forge repo.
>>>

>>> https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/easy-forms/plugin/branches/easy-forms-plugin-2.09.xx
>>>
>>> https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/easy-forms/component/branches/easy-forms-hst-2.08.xx
>>>
>>> First I have a new field type for email adresses. next will a type for
>>> URLs.
>> I am not sure why you need this or how different this is compared to the
>> textfield type we already have.
>> Could you please explain why would you add/need separate email/url fields?
>>
> This way the editor can pick a predefined way of validating.
> As an added bonus the rendering of these fields on a mobile browser
> with html 5 support will give the end-user a customized keyboard to
> help fill in this specific kind of field. Otherwise I would have only
> made custom validators.

ok. makes sense.
I was just thinking:  maybe we should introduce something like a "type"
where user could choose from (e.g. a drop down). This way, it would be
easy to change from one type to another
without deleting and re-inserting fields.. it would be easier to
maintain and extend. I am not sure about the usability, though.
cheers,
/m

--
best regards,
marijan milicevic / developer

Oosteinde 11
1017 WT Amsterdam
+31 (0) 20 522 4466 /T

Re: Branch for new easy-forms features

Gilgamesh
Hi Marijan,

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 15:30, marijan milicevic [via Hippo]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gilgamesh,
>
> On 10/05/2011 03:14 PM, Gilgamesh Nootebos wrote:
>> Hi Marijan,
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 14:49, marijan milicevic
>> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> Hi Gilgamesh

>>> I am not sure why you need this or how different this is compared to the
>>> textfield type we already have.
>>> Could you please explain why would you add/need separate email/url
>>> fields?
>>>
>> This way the editor can pick a predefined way of validating.
>> As an added bonus the rendering of these fields on a mobile browser
>> with html 5 support will give the end-user a customized keyboard to
>> help fill in this specific kind of field. Otherwise I would have only
>> made custom validators.
>>
> ok. makes sense.
> I was just thinking:  maybe we should introduce something like a "type"
> where user could choose from (e.g. a drop down). This way, it would be
> easy to change from one type to another
> without deleting and re-inserting fields.. it would be easier to
> maintain and extend. I am not sure about the usability, though.
> cheers,
> /m

That would be a good alternative, it would hit a lot less files.

>>> this is already implemented (see
>>> org.hippoecm.hst.component.support.forms.FormMap usages within EasyForms
>>> project)
>>>
>> will take a look at that, thanks.

> --
> best regards,