CMS 7.7 to 7.8 upgrade guide?

Auke
Hello,

I can't seem to find a decent upgrade guide from 7.7 to 7.8. I've tried the naive approach by just setting the pom version to 7.8.x, but alas ;-). I've compared the archetypes of 7.7.9 and 7.8.1, and see some changes that would suspect me that has to be some upgrade guide somewhere, because not all changes are that obvious (some are I guess). Some questions / remarks / things i notice:

1. getParametersInfo(request) is changed to getComponentParametersInfo(request); Tried to read up on that, but I the 7.8 version of [1] is blank.
2. xhtml="true" can be added to <hst:headContributions /> for HTML5 doctype (I guess)
3. There is a bunch of new users: configuser, liveuser, previewuser instead of the siteuser/sitewriter, are these created with an upgrader or should I create these?
4. The HstFilter in web.xml has two new parameters: prefixExclusions, suffixExclusions. Seems related with the default host configuration in bootstrap/configuration. Is there an upgrader for this or am I supposed to sync those properties myself on existing content?
5. The package name of the ResourceServlet has changed from org.hippoecm.hst.servlet to org.onehippo.cms7.utilities.servlet
6. org.hippoecm.hst.site.container.session.HttpSessionEventPublisher is added to web.xml
7. There is a org.hippoecm.hst.core.container.DiagnosticReportingValve mentioned in log4j; there is a corresponding property in the hosts configuration. Did find some info on that actually: http://www.onehippo.org/7_8/library/concepts/request-handling/hst-page-diagnostics.html
8. There's some dependency changes in the cms/pom.xml. And the <overlay> element is gone for the war plugin.
9. A ResourceAntiCache filter is added in the cms web.xml.
10. XinhaResourceServlet and SkinResourceServlet servlets are added to cms web.xml
11. Error pages are added to cms web.xml referencing an error.jsp
12. The libraries in /shared/lib are updated: org.onehippo.cms7:hippo-cms-sso, org.onehippo.cms7:hippo-addon-publication-workflow-common, org.onehippo.cms7.hst:hst-api, org.onehippo.cms7.hst:hst-commons are removed. org.onehippo.cms7:hippo-cms7-commons and org.onehippo.cms7:hippo-services are added.
13. the hst:sites configuration used to have a hst:content *node* of type hippo:facetselect. So for the 'live' version it had a facetselect of 'hippo:availability = live', and preview analogous. In the 7.8 archetype it simply has a *property* hst:content with value '/content/documents/<myhippoproject>'. For both live and preview. Does the 7.7. version continue to work, should I update that node configuration? Is there an existing upgrader for that?
14. The /content/documents folder is changed from a hippost:directory to a hippostd:folder. Does it matter? Should I upgrade? Does it happen with an existing upgrader?

While I'ma at it: general 7.8 archetype remarks:
1. The german version of the parametersinfo property bundles (GeneralListInfo_de.properties etc) is in the /src/main/java structure, instead of /src/main/resources (?)
2. The subsite property bundles is not in the /src/main/resources structure where I would expect them.

I think the main points that I'm unsure of are 3, 4, 13 and 14. What does the upgrade path look like.

[1] http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/concepts/component-development/hstcomponent-parametersinfo-annotation.html

Re: CMS 7.7 to 7.8 upgrade guide?

Unico Hommes
Hi Auke,

We've written a lot of upgrade documentation. I wouldn't want to try
upgrading without it to be honest. It is just that upgrading 7.7 to
7.8 isn't supported until May... That is why it hasn't been published
yet.

--
Unico

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Auke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> simply has a *property* hst:content with value
> '/content/documents/<myhippoproject>'. For both live and preview. Does the
> 7.7. version continue to work, should I update that node configuration? Is
> there an existing upgrader for that?
> 14. The /content/documents folder is changed from a hippost:directory to a
> hippostd:folder. Does it matter? Should I upgrade? Does it happen with an
> existing upgrader?
>

> While I'ma at it: general 7.8 archetype remarks:
> 1. The german version of the parametersinfo property bundles
> (GeneralListInfo_de.properties etc) is in the /src/main/java structure,
> instead of /src/main/resources (?)
> 2. The subsite property bundles is not in the /src/main/resources structure
> where I would expect them.
>
> I think the main points that I'm unsure of are 3, 4, 13 and 14. What does

Ok. Didn't quite get that.

Is there a definitive date perhaps, so I can plan on it? Early May || End of May?

Re: CMS 7.7 to 7.8 upgrade guide?

Hi Auke,

thanks for the very detailed list and valid questions. As Unico
pointed out support for upgrading from 7.7 will be available from May.
See for more info:
http://www.onehippo.org/7_8/library/about/release-notes/7.8.1-release-notes.html

Quote from the page:

"In May 2013 we expect to release General Availability for the
Enterprise Edition including the Relevance Module and Upgrade Pack for
CMS 7.7 installations. This is when all aspects of the Hippo
Enterprise Edition and the Relevance Module are generally available
for implementation by Hippo Customers and Hippo Certified Partners.
Customers upgrading from CMS 7.7 are advised to wait until May 2013 in
order to benefit from the Upgrade Pack.

However starting a new project with 7.8 is fine of course!

> [...]

> simply has a *property* hst:content with value
> '/content/documents/<myhippoproject>'. For both live and preview. Does the
> 7.7. version continue to work, should I update that node configuration? Is
> there an existing upgrader for that?
> 14. The /content/documents folder is changed from a hippost:directory to a
> hippostd:folder. Does it matter? Should I upgrade? Does it happen with an
> existing upgrader?
>

> While I'ma at it: general 7.8 archetype remarks:
> 1. The german version of the parametersinfo property bundles
> (GeneralListInfo_de.properties etc) is in the /src/main/java structure,
> instead of /src/main/resources (?)
> 2. The subsite property bundles is not in the /src/main/resources structure
> where I would expect them.
>
> I think the main points that I'm unsure of are 3, 4, 13 and 14. What does

For those that end up here while searching for it. The upgrade guide has been released:

http://www.onehippo.org/7_8/library/upgrade-7.7-to-7.8/upgrade-7.7-to-7.8-trail.html (and subsequent pages)