[CMS][Internal Link Error] Problem with accessing the document picker

[CMS][Internal Link Error] Problem with accessing the document picker

Meric Garcia
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I'm encountering a problem while linking pdf (which are in the assets part on the cms) (see image "1.innerLink.bmp") in a text body.

This problem occurs randomly. I just notice that if there is already several pdf linked on the page, it occurs more often.

Description of the problem :

By clicking on the "Internal link button" ("1.innerLink.bmp") after selecting a word in the text zone, i intend to reach the "Docuement Picker" (see "2.without_PB.bmp") in order to choose my PDF to link.

But, instead, I often reach a "Insert/Modify Link" Window (see "2.with_PB.bmp") where i can't reach my document.

My version of the CMS : Hyppo CMS 7.6 - 2.20.03 build 30607

Thanks for your help,
Best Regards,

Méric Garcia

1:
1.innerLink

2: without PB
2.without_PB

3: with PB
2.with_PB

Re: [CMS][Internal Link Error] Problem with accessing the document picker

Bert Leunis
Hi Méric,

I was not able to try to reproduce your problem by lack of a running 7.6 instance. I can see that in cms 7.7.7 the dialogs to add/edit links in the xinha editor have changed. Upgrading to 7.7 would be a major step of course. But upgrading to a more recent release of Hippo 7.6 seems wise. You are on 2.20.03, but the latest tag of the 2.20.x range is 2.20.13. The .13 release is a year younger, and surely contains many fixes that you can benefit from, including fixes in xinha. Upgrading to hippo version 7.6.5 would be my advise here.

Bert Leunis

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Meric Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm encountering a problem while linking pdf (which are in the assets part
on the cms) (see image "1.innerLink.bmp") in a text body.

This problem occurs randomly. I just notice that if there is already several
pdf linked on the page, it occurs more often.

Description of the problem :

By clicking on the "Internal link button" ("1.innerLink.bmp") after
selecting a word in the text zone, i intend to reach the "Docuement Picker"
(see "2.without_PB.bmp") in order to choose my PDF to link.

But, instead, I often reach a "Insert/Modify Link" Window (see
"2.with_PB.bmp") where i can't reach my document.

My version of the CMS : Hyppo CMS 7 - 2.20.03 build 30607

Thanks for your help,
Best Regards,

Méric Garcia

1:
<http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/file/n7580275/1.innerLink.bmp>

2: without PB
<http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/file/n7580275/2.without_PB.bmp>

3: with PB
<http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/file/n7580275/2.with_PB.bmp>

Re: [CMS][Internal Link Error] Problem with accessing the document picker

Meric Garcia
This post was updated on .
That leads me to a question :

Is it possible to change the xinha version without changing the whole hippo version ?

Thanks for your help !

Méric

Re: [CMS][Internal Link Error] Problem with accessing the document picker

Bert Leunis
Hello Méric,

I think that is possible, but you will be a pioneer here. I think spending your time in upgrading hippo and xinha to the cms 7.6.5 version is much more worthwhile.

In your cms project, upgrade to the version of xinha you need, and rebuild your cms. You should test the newer version of xinha with that build very well of course.

Bert Leunis

That leads me to a questions :