Cannot access Channel manager : Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online

Cannot access Channel manager : Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online

Mehul Parmar
Dear All

I have a maven archteype project with CMS 7.7.5. I imported the documents from a previous project CMS ver 7.2.

I can run successfully with bundled maven cargo plugin and Tomcat 7 (changed the tomcat major & full versions in pom.xml). I can login into cms, see channel manger, see the site, edit config and so on.

Now, when i try to do a deployment to a local Tomcat instance, everything works fine except channel manager. The site works fine and so does cms. When i try to do access channel manager I get a pop with following message

"Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online."

And when trying to view site in preview mode (http://localhost:8080/site/_cmsinternal/) I get a page with message forbidden.

I also checked the Channel Manager trouble shooting   http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/concepts/channels/channel-manager-troubleshooting.html. but all entries in the cms hst config seem to be ok and correct.

I am sure I am missing something but don't know what.

Any ideas?
Regards
Mehul
PS : Some of my previous posts were not posted to the forum (waiting for approval). May I know the reason why?

Re: Cannot access Channel manager : Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online

Ard
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Mehul Parmar
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I have a maven archteype project with CMS 7.7.5. I imported the documents
> from a previous project CMS ver 7.2.
>
> I can run successfully with bundled maven cargo plugin and Tomcat 7 (changed
> the tomcat major & full versions in pom.xml). I can login into cms, see
> channel manger, see the site, edit config and so on.
>
> Now, when i try to do a deployment to a local Tomcat instance, everything
> works fine except channel manager. The site works fine and so does cms. When
> i try to do access channel manager I get a pop with following message
>
> "Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online."

You are still on localhost when you get this? You have a cms.war and
site.war in tomcat?

When you click the icon in the channel manager to open the website,
can you take a look at the ajax call that is done in the browser (open
the developer tools).

I suspect this ajax call returns a 404 for you. Can you confirm that,
and also post the ajax call that has been done. Something like
/site/_rp/cafebabe-...... you should see

Regarding the forum I've asked infra about this

Regards Ard

> And when trying to view site in preview mode
> (http://localhost:8080/site/_cmsinternal/) I get a page with message
> forbidden.
>
> I also checked the Channel Manager trouble shooting
> http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/concepts/channels/channel-manager-troubleshooting.html.
> but all entries in the cms hst config seem to be ok and correct.
>
> I am sure I am missing something but don't know what.
>
> Any ideas?
> Regards
> Mehul
> PS : Some of my previous posts were not posted to the forum (waiting for
> approval). May I know the reason why?

Re: Cannot access Channel manager : Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online

Mehul Parmar
Hi Ard

Yes it is still localhost and port is 8080.

I don't the site icon in channel manager at all (before i could).
Now I get a different error in the console log (see right at the end, before I didn't get these errors)

for e.g.
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-browser/frontend:services

INFO  - ChannelStore               - Cannot load the channel manager. No channels will be shown.

but when i run in with bundled cargo there are no problems.

More Info :  I haven't changed anything in the hst-config.properties for e.g.
default.repository.address = vm://
default.repository.user.name = siteuser
default.repository.pool.name = default
default.repository.password = siteuserpass

INFO  - HippoLocalItemStateManager - Provider module org.hippoecm.repository.translation.impl.TranslationVirtualProvider
@1757f47
INFO  - HippoLoginModule           - Impersonating as workflowuser by admin
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has roles [readonly] for domain hippomodules
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has privileges [jcr:read] for domain hippomodules
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has roles [readonly] for domain htmlcleaner
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has privileges [jcr:read] for domain htmlcleaner
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has roles [readonly] for domain frontendconfig
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has privileges [jcr:read] for domain frontendconfig
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has roles [readonly] for domain versioning
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has privileges [jcr:read] for domain versioning
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has roles [readonly] for domain workflow
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has privileges [jcr:read] for domain workflow
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has roles [readwrite] for domain defaultwrite
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has privileges [jcr:read, jcr:removeChildNodes, jcr:write, jcr:se
tProperties, jcr:addChildNodes] for domain defaultwrite
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has roles [readonly] for domain hippolog
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has privileges [jcr:read] for domain hippolog
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has roles [author, editor] for domain hippodocuments
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has privileges [jcr:read, hippo:author, jcr:removeChildNodes, hip
po:editor, jcr:write, jcr:setProperties, jcr:addChildNodes] for domain hippodocuments
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has roles [readonly] for domain templates
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has privileges [jcr:read] for domain templates
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has roles [readonly] for domain defaultread
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has privileges [jcr:read] for domain defaultread
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has roles [author, editor, admin] for domain everywhere
INFO  - SecurityManager            - User workflowuser has privileges [jcr:read, hippo:author, jcr:removeChildNodes, hip
po:editor, jcr:getAccessControlPolicy, jcr:setAccessControlPolicy, jcr:write, hippo:admin, jcr:setProperties, jcr:addChi
ldNodes] for domain everywhere
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Initialized HippoAccessManager for user workflowuser with cache size 20000
INFO  - HippoLocalItemStateManager - Provider module org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.FacetResultSetProvider@d3c695
INFO  - HippoLocalItemStateManager - Provider module org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.FacetSearchProvider@19289a7
INFO  - HippoLocalItemStateManager - Provider module org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.FacetSelectProvider@18b745f
INFO  - HippoLocalItemStateManager - Provider module org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.FacetSubSearchProvider@854128
INFO  - HippoLocalItemStateManager - Provider module org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.SubtypedDataProvider@78d992
INFO  - HippoLocalItemStateManager - Provider module org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.ViewVirtualProvider@14411c
INFO  - HippoLocalItemStateManager - Provider module org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.facetnavigation.FacetNavigationP
rovider@1beaded
INFO  - HippoLocalItemStateManager - Provider module org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.facetnavigation.FacetSubNavigati
onProvider@18ca380
INFO  - HippoLocalItemStateManager - Provider module org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.facetnavigation.FacetsAvailableN
avigationProvider@422f73
INFO  - HippoLocalItemStateManager - Provider module org.hippoecm.repository.translation.impl.TranslationVirtualProvider
@1392d4e
INFO  - Persistence                - Property datanucleus.rdbms.stringDefaultLength unknown - will be ignored
INFO  - Persistence                - Property org.datanucleus.store_connectionfactory unknown - will be ignored
INFO  - Persistence                - ================= Persistence Configuration ===============
INFO  - Persistence                - DataNucleus Persistence Factory - Vendor: "DataNucleus"  Version: "2.2.2"
INFO  - Persistence                - DataNucleus Persistence Factory initialised for datastore URL="jcr://vm" driver=""
userName=""
INFO  - Persistence                - ===========================================================
INFO  - Workflow                   - user=[admin] method=[Repository.login]
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Checking [----------] for user workflowuser absPath: /hippo:log/default/w
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Checking [----------] for user workflowuser absPath: /hippo:log/default/w/b
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Checking [----------] for user workflowuser absPath: /hippo:log/default/w/b/j
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Checking [----------] for user workflowuser absPath: /hippo:log/default/w/b/j/r
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Checking [re--------] for user workflowuser absPath: /
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Checking [------sp--] for user workflowuser absPath: /hippo:log/default/w/b/j/r/hip
polog:eventUser
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Checking [------sp--] for user workflowuser absPath: /hippo:log/default/w/b/j/r/hip
polog:eventClass
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Checking [------sp--] for user workflowuser absPath: /hippo:log/default/w/b/j/r/hip
polog:eventMethod
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Checking [------sp--] for user workflowuser absPath: /hippo:log/default/w/b/j/r/hip
polog:timestamp
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Checking [--an------] for user workflowuser absPath: /hippo:log/default/w/b/j/r
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Checking [--an------] for user workflowuser absPath: /hippo:log/default/w/b/j
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Checking [--an------] for user workflowuser absPath: /hippo:log/default/w/b
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - Checking [--an------] for user workflowuser absPath: /hippo:log/default/w
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - GRANT: jcr:addChildNodes to user workflowuser in domain FacetAuthPrincipal: everywh
ere for /hippo:log/default
INFO  - WorkflowManagerImpl        - AUDIT workflow invocation ec0d0368-4803-4f19-b7d1-51963b558dab.org.hippoecm.reposit
ory.standardworkflow.WorkflowEventLoggerWorkflowImpl.logEvent(admin, Repository, login) -> <<null>>
INFO  - JcrSessionModel            - [127.0.0.1] Login by: admin
INFO  - HippoAccessManager         - GRANT: hippo:author to user admin in domain FacetAuthPrincipal: everywhere for /con
tent/documents
INFO  - audit                      - {"message":"admin logged in","category":"security","application":"cms","action":"lo
gin","user":"admin"}
INFO  - JcrApplicationFactory      - Starting application: cms
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-static/frontend:services
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-static/frontend:references
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-static/frontend:properties
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-static/frontend:services
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-services/frontend:services
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-services/frontend:references
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-services/frontend:properties
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-services/frontend:services
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-dashboard/frontend:services
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-dashboard/frontend:references
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-dashboard/frontend:properties
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-dashboard/frontend:services
INFO  - FacetRootsObserver         - Facet roots observation is enabled
INFO  - BlueprintStore             - Cannot load the channel manager: no blueprints will be shown.
INFO  - ChannelStore               - Cannot retrieve the channel manager, assuming that the current user cannot modify c
hannels
INFO  - ChannelOverview            - Current user is allowed to modify channels: false
INFO  - ChannelOverview            - Blueprints for new channels are available: false
WARN  - Localizer                  - Tried to retrieve a localized string for a component that has not yet been added to
 the page. This can sometimes lead to an invalid or no localized resource returned. Make sure you are not calling Compon
ent#getString() inside your Component's constructor. Offending component: [MarkupContainer [Component id = item]]
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-addon-channel-manager-frontend-2.22.05.jar!/org/onehippo/cms7/channelmanager/hstconfig/HstConfigEditor.proper
ties
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-browser/frontend:services
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-browser/frontend:references
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-browser/frontend:properties
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-browser/frontend:services
INFO  - JcrNodeModel               - skipping observation for null node
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/hippo-reports/frontend:services
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/hippo-reports/frontend:references
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/hippo-reports/frontend:properties
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/hippo-reports/frontend:services
WARN  - Localizer                  - Tried to retrieve a localized string for a component that has not yet been added to
 the page. This can sometimes lead to an invalid or no localized resource returned. Make sure you are not calling Compon
ent#getString() inside your Component's constructor. Offending component: [MarkupContainer [Component id = item]]
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-addon-brokenlinks-frontend-2.22.02.jar!/org/onehippo/cms7/reports/plugins/brokenlinkslist/BrokenLinksListPane
l.properties
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-admin/frontend:services
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-admin/frontend:references
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-admin/frontend:properties
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-admin/frontend:services
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-validators/frontend:services
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-validators/frontend:references
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-validators/frontend:properties
INFO  - JcrItemModel               - PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:fronte
nd/cms/cms-validators/frontend:services
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-addon-channel-manager-frontend-2.22.05.jar!/org/onehippo/cms7/channelmanager/channels/ChannelIconPanel.proper
ties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-addon-channel-manager-frontend-2.22.05.jar!/org/onehippo/cms7/channelmanager/channels/ChannelGridPanel.proper
ties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-addon-channel-manager-frontend-2.22.05.jar!/org/onehippo/cms7/channelmanager/channels/ChannelStore.properties

INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-cms-perspectives-2.22.08.jar!/org/hippoecm/frontend/plugins/cms/root/RootPlugin.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-addon-channel-manager-frontend-2.22.05.jar!/org/onehippo/cms7/channelmanager/ChannelManagerPerspective.proper
ties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-cms-api-2.22.08.jar!/org/hippoecm/frontend/plugins/standards/perspective/Perspective.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-addon-channel-manager-frontend-2.22.05.jar!/org/onehippo/cms7/channelmanager/RootPanel.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-addon-channel-manager-frontend-2.22.05.jar!/org/onehippo/cms7/channelmanager/channels/ChannelOverview.propert
ies
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-addon-channel-manager-frontend-2.22.05.jar!/org/onehippo/cms7/channelmanager/channels/ChannelPropertiesWindow
.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-addon-channel-manager-frontend-2.22.05.jar!/org/onehippo/cms7/channelmanager/templatecomposer/PageEditor.prop
erties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-cms-perspectives-2.22.08.jar!/org/hippoecm/frontend/plugins/cms/dashboard/DashboardPerspective.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-cms-perspectives-2.22.08.jar!/org/hippoecm/frontend/plugins/cms/browse/BrowserPerspective.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/wicket-1.4.19-h1.jar!/org/apache/wicket/Application.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-cms-reporting-2.22.08.jar!/org/onehippo/cms7/reports/ReportsPerspective.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-cms-perspectives-2.22.08.jar!/org/hippoecm/frontend/plugins/cms/admin/AdminPerspective.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-cms-api-2.22.08.jar!/org/hippoecm/frontend/service/render/ListViewPlugin.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-cms-perspectives-2.22.08.jar!/org/hippoecm/frontend/plugins/cms/admin/plugins/ChangePasswordShortcutPlugin.pr
operties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-cms-perspectives-2.22.08.jar!/org/hippoecm/frontend/plugins/cms/dashboard/current/CurrentActivityPlugin.prope
rties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-cms-perspectives-2.22.08.jar!/org/hippoecm/frontend/plugins/cms/browse/section/SearchingSectionPlugin.propert
ies
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-cms-builtin-2.22.08.jar!/org/hippoecm/frontend/plugins/standardworkflow/FolderShortcutPlugin.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-cms-perspectives-2.22.08.jar!/org/hippoecm/frontend/plugins/cms/browse/list/DocumentListingPlugin.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-addon-publication-workflow-frontend-2.22.05.jar!/org/hippoecm/frontend/plugins/reviewedactions/list/ReviewedA
ctionsListColumnProviderPlugin.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-cms-translation-frontend-2.22.08.jar!/org/hippoecm/frontend/translation/list/TranslationsColumnProviderPlugin
.properties
INFO  - PropertiesFactory          - Loading properties files from jar:file:/C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/cms/WEB-INF
/lib/hippo-addon-brokenlinks-frontend-2.22.02.jar!/org/onehippo/cms7/reports/layout/panel/BrokenLinksPanelPlugin.propert
ies
INFO  - ChannelStore               - Cannot load the channel manager. No channels will be shown.
INFO  - ChannelStore               - Cannot load the channel manager. No channels will be shown.
INFO  - ChannelStore               - Cannot load the channel manager. No channels will be shown.
INFO  - ChannelStore               - Cannot load the channel manager. No channels will be shown.
INFO  - IndexMerger                - merged 268 documents in 49 ms into _s.
[...]

Mathijs den Burger
Hi Mehul,

You're missing some shared libraries in Tomcat's shared/lib folder,
specifically the hst-api and hst-commons jar.

Run 'mvn -P dist" in the archetype-created project to create a zip
file with the right wars and jars in the right subfolders [1].

Good to know: in the upcoming 7.8 release the channel manager no
longer depends on such shared libraries.

best,
Mathijs

[1] http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/deployment/create-and-deploy-a-project-distribution.html

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Mehul Parmar
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> INFO  - ChannelStore               - Cannot load the channel manager. No
> channels will be shown.
> INFO  - ChannelStore               - Cannot load the channel manager. No
> channels will be shown.
> INFO  - ChannelStore               - Cannot load the channel manager. No
> channels will be shown.
> INFO  - ChannelStore               - Cannot load the channel manager. No
> channels will be shown.
> INFO  - ChannelStore               - Cannot load the channel manager. No
> channels will be shown.
> INFO  - ChannelStore               - Cannot load the channel manager. No
> channels will be shown.
> INFO  - ChannelStore               - Cannot load the channel manager. No
> channels will be shown.

Re: Cannot access Channel manager : Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online

Hi Mathijs

I had already copied those libraries in my tomcat lib folder, but still it was givving me the error.
Now I just removed cms and site apps. Also removed the hippo storage folder.

Once again I did the deployment and it worked fine. Still don't know what was causing the problem first time round.

Thanks
Mehul

Re: Cannot access Channel manager : Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online

Mathijs den Burger
Hi Mehul,

Does your httpd configuration include the correct ProxyPass rules for
the cms host?
See http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/deployment/configuring/configure-apache-httpd-web-server-for-cms-and-sites.html

best,
Mathijs

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>         at
>         at
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
>         at
>         at
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:849)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:454)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> Note all the shared and common lib are in catalina lib folder and
> catalina.properties modified accordingly.

could you post a listing?  The shared classpath should include the
hippo-cms-sso library.

cheers, Frank

> On Test the site is available, the cms is available and the console as well.
> Also the hst host settings are similar to ACC env (except for the name
> changes), where it is working fine.
>
> Anybody faced this problem before.
>
> Regards
> Mehul

Re: Cannot access Channel manager : Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online

Mehul Parmar
Hi Frank

Here's the listing:

geronimo-jta_1.1_spec-1.1.jar
hippo-addon-publication-workflow-common-2.22.05.jar
hippo-cms-sso-2.22.08.jar
hippo-repository-api-2.22.08.jar
hippo-repository-builtin-2.22.08.jar
hst-api-2.24.06.jar
hst-commons-2.24.06.jar
jcl-over-slf4j-1.7.0.jar
jcr-2.0.jar
jdo2-api-2.3-eb.jar
log4j-1.2.17.jar
mail-1.4.4.jar
mysql-connector-java-5.1.21.jar

@Mathjis
We had it working few days ago on test env, with the current Apache conf. I will check the config settings once again with the link you have given.

Cheers
Mehul

Re: Cannot access Channel manager : Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online

Mehul Parmar
Hi

It was indeed the lib issue, although not the hippo-cms-sso-2.22.08.jar but the sl4j jars. Added slf4j-api-1.7.0.jar and slf4j-log4j12-1.7.0.jar into the lib folder. Did a cleanup of indexes and db tables and it worked.

Thanks
Mehul