Cargo broken since Friday

Wouter Danes-2

Hey guys,

I did a reinstall on Friday and it appears the cargo profile of hippo can’t find the right tomcat anymore. I get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:1.1.3:run (cargo-run) on project akv: Execution cargo-run of goal org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:1.1.3:run failed: Failed to download [http://apache.hippo.nl/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0-latest/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz]: Can't get http://apache.hippo.nl/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0-latest/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz to /home/wouter/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/cargo/cargo-container-archives/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz -> [Help 1]

It appears the file actually is gone. If I set the following property in the parent pom.xml (overriding it from the cms-7-project pom), everything works again:

    <properties>

        <!-- Cargo Tomcat full version used for Tomcat tarball distribution url -->

        <cargo.tomcat.full.version>6.0.35</cargo.tomcat.full.version>

    </properties>

So to me it appears that either the archetype is borked or someone deleted too much from apache.hippo.nl. J

Any ideas?

Met vriendelijke groet / Yours sincerely,

---

Wouter Danes

Competence Manager Hippo / Java / Alfresco

Hinttech

T: +31 6 1158 8264

E: [hidden email]

@wouterdanes

Re: Cargo broken since Friday

Hi Wouter,

yes this happened before. Thanks for notifying us. The older tomcat
artifacts are occasionally removed from the mirrors when they are not
the latests anymore.

There used to be a section about this in our documentation, but I
can't find it any more (after the move to the new Hippo campus). Sorry
about that.

You indeed found the correct way of resolving it. I'll create an issue
for it in JIRA so that it can be resolved in the archetype.

Jeroen

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Wouter Danes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>

> I did a reinstall on Friday and it appears the cargo profile of hippo can’t
> find the right tomcat anymore. I get the following error:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:1.1.3:run (cargo-run) on project akv:
> Execution cargo-run of goal org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:1.1.3:run
> failed: Failed to download
> [http://apache.hippo.nl/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0-latest/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz]:
> Can't get
> http://apache.hippo.nl/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0-latest/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz
> /home/wouter/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/cargo/cargo-container-archives/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz
> -> [Help 1]
>

> It appears the file actually is gone. If I set the following property in the
> parent pom.xml (overriding it from the cms-7-project pom), everything works
> again:
>
>     <properties>
>
>         <!-- Cargo Tomcat full version used for Tomcat tarball distribution
> url -->
>
>         <cargo.tomcat.full.version>6.0.35</cargo.tomcat.full.version>
>
>     </properties>
>

> So to me it appears that either the archetype is borked or someone deleted
> too much from apache.hippo.nl. J
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Met vriendelijke groet / Yours sincerely,
>

> ---
>
> Wouter Danes
>
> Competence Manager Hippo / Java / Alfresco
>
> Hinttech
>

> T: +31 6 1158 8264
>
> E: [hidden email]
>
> @wouterdanes

Re: Cargo broken since Friday

b.vanderschans@onehippo.com
I'm looking into it. Something odd is going on...

Bart

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Jeroen Reijn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Wouter,
>
> yes this happened before. Thanks for notifying us. The older tomcat
> artifacts are occasionally removed from the mirrors when they are not
> the latests anymore.
>
> There used to be a section about this in our documentation, but I
> can't find it any more (after the move to the new Hippo campus). Sorry
> about that.
>
> You indeed found the correct way of resolving it. I'll create an issue
> for it in JIRA so that it can be resolved in the archetype.
>
> Jeroen
>
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Wouter Danes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>

>> I did a reinstall on Friday and it appears the cargo profile of hippo can’t
>> find the right tomcat anymore. I get the following error:
>>
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>> org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:1.1.3:run (cargo-run) on project akv:
>> Execution cargo-run of goal org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:1.1.3:run
>> failed: Failed to download
>> [http://apache.hippo.nl/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0-latest/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz]:
>> Can't get
>> http://apache.hippo.nl/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0-latest/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz
>> /home/wouter/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/cargo/cargo-container-archives/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz
>> -> [Help 1]
>>

>> It appears the file actually is gone. If I set the following property in the
>> parent pom.xml (overriding it from the cms-7-project pom), everything works
>> again:
>>
>>     <properties>
>>
>>         <!-- Cargo Tomcat full version used for Tomcat tarball distribution
>> url -->
>>
>>         <cargo.tomcat.full.version>6.0.35</cargo.tomcat.full.version>
>>
>>     </properties>
>>

>> So to me it appears that either the archetype is borked or someone deleted
>> too much from apache.hippo.nl. J
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

>> Met vriendelijke groet / Yours sincerely,
>>

>> ---
>>
>> Wouter Danes
>>
>> Competence Manager Hippo / Java / Alfresco
>>
>> Hinttech
>>

>> T: +31 6 1158 8264
>>
>> E: [hidden email]
>>
>> @wouterdanes

> Jeroen Reijn
> Solution Architect
> Hippo

> http://about.me/jeroenreijn

Re: Cargo broken since Friday

b.vanderschans@onehippo.com
It now works again.

Bart

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Bart van der Schans
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm looking into it. Something odd is going on...
>
> Bart
>
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Jeroen Reijn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Wouter,
>>
>> yes this happened before. Thanks for notifying us. The older tomcat
>> artifacts are occasionally removed from the mirrors when they are not
>> the latests anymore.
>>
>> There used to be a section about this in our documentation, but I
>> can't find it any more (after the move to the new Hippo campus). Sorry
>> about that.
>>
>> You indeed found the correct way of resolving it. I'll create an issue
>> for it in JIRA so that it can be resolved in the archetype.
>>
>> Jeroen
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Wouter Danes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hey guys,
>>>

>>> I did a reinstall on Friday and it appears the cargo profile of hippo can’t
>>> find the right tomcat anymore. I get the following error:
>>>
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>>> org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:1.1.3:run (cargo-run) on project akv:
>>> Execution cargo-run of goal org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:1.1.3:run
>>> failed: Failed to download
>>> [http://apache.hippo.nl/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0-latest/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz]:
>>> Can't get
>>> http://apache.hippo.nl/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0-latest/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz
>>> /home/wouter/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/cargo/cargo-container-archives/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz
>>> -> [Help 1]
>>>

>>> It appears the file actually is gone. If I set the following property in the
>>> parent pom.xml (overriding it from the cms-7-project pom), everything works
>>> again:
>>>
>>>     <properties>
>>>
>>>         <!-- Cargo Tomcat full version used for Tomcat tarball distribution
>>> url -->
>>>
>>>         <cargo.tomcat.full.version>6.0.35</cargo.tomcat.full.version>
>>>
>>>     </properties>
>>>

>>> So to me it appears that either the archetype is borked or someone deleted
>>> too much from apache.hippo.nl. J
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>

>>> Met vriendelijke groet / Yours sincerely,
>>>

>>> ---
>>>
>>> Wouter Danes
>>>
>>> Competence Manager Hippo / Java / Alfresco
>>>
>>> Hinttech
>>>

>>> T: +31 6 1158 8264
>>>
>>> E: [hidden email]
>>>
>>> @wouterdanes

>> Jeroen Reijn
>> Solution Architect
>> Hippo
>>
>> Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
>> Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142
>>
>> US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
>> Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
>> www.onehippo.com
>>
>> http://about.me/jeroenreijn

Re: Cargo broken since Friday

Wouter Danes-2
Thanks for the quick response! What did you end up fixing?

Verzonden van mijn HTC

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm looking into it. Something odd is going on...
>
> Bart
>
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Jeroen Reijn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Wouter,
>>
>> yes this happened before. Thanks for notifying us. The older tomcat
>> artifacts are occasionally removed from the mirrors when they are not
>> the latests anymore.
>>
>> There used to be a section about this in our documentation, but I
>> can't find it any more (after the move to the new Hippo campus). Sorry
>> about that.
>>
>> You indeed found the correct way of resolving it. I'll create an issue
>> for it in JIRA so that it can be resolved in the archetype.
>>
>> Jeroen
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Wouter Danes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hey guys,
>>>

>>> I did a reinstall on Friday and it appears the cargo profile of hippo can’t
>>> find the right tomcat anymore. I get the following error:
>>>
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>>> org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:1.1.3:run (cargo-run) on project akv:
>>> Execution cargo-run of goal org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:1.1.3:run
>>> failed: Failed to download
>>> [http://apache.hippo.nl/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0-latest/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz]:
>>> Can't get
>>> http://apache.hippo.nl/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0-latest/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz
>>> /home/wouter/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/cargo/cargo-container-archives/apache-tomcat-6.0-latest.tar.gz
>>> -> [Help 1]
>>>

>>> It appears the file actually is gone. If I set the following property in the
>>> parent pom.xml (overriding it from the cms-7-project pom), everything works
>>> again:
>>>
>>>     <properties>
>>>
>>>         <!-- Cargo Tomcat full version used for Tomcat tarball distribution
>>> url -->
>>>
>>>         <cargo.tomcat.full.version>6.0.35</cargo.tomcat.full.version>
>>>
>>>     </properties>
>>>

>>> So to me it appears that either the archetype is borked or someone deleted
>>> too much from apache.hippo.nl. J
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>

>>> Met vriendelijke groet / Yours sincerely,
>>>

>>> ---
>>>
>>> Wouter Danes
>>>
>>> Competence Manager Hippo / Java / Alfresco
>>>
>>> Hinttech
>>>

>>> T: +31 6 1158 8264
>>>
>>> E: [hidden email]
>>>
>>> @wouterdanes

>> Jeroen Reijn
>> Solution Architect
>> Hippo
>>
>> Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
>> Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142
>>
>> US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
>> Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
>> www.onehippo.com
>>
>> http://about.me/jeroenreijn

Re: Cargo broken since Friday

b.vanderschans@onehippo.com
Some apache configuration. Redirect en mod_proxy are not playing nice.

Bart

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Wouter Danes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response! What did you end up fixing?
>
> Verzonden van mijn HTC

Ah, okay, thanks. ;) Didn't see a difference on the listing, but now it makes sense. :)