Cms-Repository-DBMS

Danilo Ardicilii
Hi,<span class="clickable" onclick='dr4sdgryt(event,"Ox")'>
is it possible to split cms from the repository, like hippo6?
Is it possible to connect the repository to another database, example MySql?

Thanks Danilo

Danilo Ardicilii

everett Italia
          TRUSTED TO KNOW

Head Office

Via Torino, 2 - 20123 Milano - Italia
Tel: +39 02 72546847
Fax: +39 02 72546418

Technology Centre

Via Federico Fellini, 2 G2/1 - 65010 Spoltore (PE) - Italia
Tel: +39 085 2120342
Fax: +39 085 2120342

e-mail: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.everett.it

Re: Cms-Repository-DBMS

Siarhei Dudzin
I saw a task on HIPPO CMS 7 JIRA to split up deployment of Repository from CMS.

Juast found it: http://issues.onehippo.org/browse/HREPTWO-2055

Best regards,
Siarhei Dudzin

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Danilo Ardicilii <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
is it possible to split cms from the repository, like hippo6?
Is it possible to connect the repository to another database, example MySql?

Thanks Danilo

Danilo Ardicilii

everett Italia
          TRUSTED TO KNOW

Head Office

Via Torino, 2 - 20123 Milano - Italia
Tel: +39 02 72546847
Fax: +39 02 72546418

Technology Centre

Via Federico Fellini, 2 G2/1 - 65010 Spoltore (PE) - Italia
Tel: +39 085 2120342
Fax: +39 085 2120342

e-mail: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.everett.it

RE: Cms-Repository-DBMS

Frank van Lankvelt

Running the cms and the repository on separate machines is already possible.  If you look at the EAR packaging, it includes separate WARs for them.

However, at the moment, the protocol that is used is RMI on JCR itself.  We are moving to the Jackrabbit SPI over RMI, which gives substantial performance improvements but is still rather experimental.

So stay tuned for a well performing separated deployment!

cheers, Frank

[hidden email]          www.onehippo.com
Amsterdam Hippo B.V. Oosteinde 11   1017 WT   Amsterdam   +31(0)20-5224466
San Francisco Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q   Petaluma   CA 94952-5100   +1-877-41-HIPPO

Re: Cms-Repository-DBMS

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Danilo Ardicilii
> is it possible to split cms from the repository, like hippo6?

See comments Frank

> Is it possible to connect the repository to another database, example MySql?

Yes, a lot of standard databases are supported which you can configure
in the repository.xml, for example:

      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager
(Apache Derby; Java)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.H2PersistenceManager
(H2 Database Engine; Java)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager
(MySQL)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.PostgreSQLPersistenceManager
(PostgreSQL)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MSSqlPersistenceManager
(MS SQL Server)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManager
(Oracle 10 or newer)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.Oracle9PersistenceManager
(Oracle 9)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager
(generic database)

See [1] for the documentation,

Regards Ard

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

> Thanks Danilo
>
> ________________________________
>
> Danilo Ardicilii
>
> everett Italia ►
>           TRUSTED TO KNOW
>
> Head Office
>
> Via Torino, 2 - 20123 Milano - Italia
> Tel: +39 02 72546847
> Fax: +39 02 72546418
>
> Technology Centre
>
> Via Federico Fellini, 2 G2/1 - 65010 Spoltore (PE) - Italia
> Tel: +39 085 2120342
> Fax: +39 085 2120342
>
> e-mail: [hidden email]
> Web: http://www.everett.it

RE: Cms-Repository-DBMS

chadmichael
What's the current status of the SPI option?

Frank van Lankvelt wrote

f.vanlankvelt@onehippo.com          www.onehippo.com
Amsterdam Hippo B.V. Oosteinde 11   1017 WT   Amsterdam   +31(0)20-5224466
San Francisco Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q   Petaluma   CA 94952-5100   +1-877-41-HIPPO

________________________________

        I saw a task on HIPPO CMS 7 JIRA to split up deployment of Repository from CMS.

        Juast found it: http://issues.onehippo.org/browse/HREPTWO-2055

        Best regards,
        Siarhei Dudzin

        On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Danilo Ardicilii <danilo.ardicilii@everett.it> wrote:

                Hi,
                is it possible to split cms from the repository, like hippo6?
                Is it possible to connect the repository to another database, example MySql?

                Thanks Danilo

________________________________

                Danilo Ardicilii

                everett Italia ►
                          TRUSTED TO KNOW

Head Office

Via Torino, 2 - 20123 Milano - Italia
Tel: +39 02 72546847
Fax: +39 02 72546418

Technology Centre

Via Federico Fellini, 2 G2/1 - 65010 Spoltore (PE) - Italia
Tel: +39 085 2120342
Fax: +39 085 2120342

e-mail: danilo.ardicilii@everett.it
Web: http://www.everett.it

Re: Cms-Repository-DBMS

Hi Chad,

Sorry for the late response..

> What's the current status of the SPI option?

For now, you should stick to embedded mode.
We have no plans to implement SPI on short term.
However, if someone (hint hint wink nudge) cares to help us out with
the SPI layer, then please do, and we'll team up with you! :)
We're simply too busy doing feature development right now.

We're planning to pick up on SPI somewhere this fall.

Arjé

Re: Cms-Repository-DBMS

chadmichael
> However, if someone (hint hint wink nudge) cares to help us out with
> the SPI layer, then please do, and we'll team up with you! :)

I would love to help on this.  In fact, I could see myself making
several contributions to the Hippo code over the course of the next
year or two.  One of the barriers to this is that I am very hard
pressed to obtain architectural documentation for the software.  The
code seems to well written and designed for this kind of documentation
to not exist.  Perhaps there are some architectural overview documents
internal to the Hippo team.  Is it possible to get my hands on these?

Re: Cms-Repository-DBMS

bluesman
Hello I tried to connect the repository from latest CMS war built with maven with Postgresql but I got always getRepository error, it works only with Versioning tag where I can find some tables in the postgres db. If I don't use Derby DB as the repository.xml sample found in
cms/WEB-INF/classes/org/hippoecm/repository/repository.xml
I don't see any css or image, only text or if I try to change something I got 500 error with infinity cycle loop (geronimo is in the tomcat lib)
I wonder how to save all the stuff in postgres and not in the db file made by derby as in the cms.war
Thanks

> Is it possible to connect the repository to another database, example MySql?

Yes, a lot of standard databases are supported which you can configure
in the repository.xml, for example:

      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager
(Apache Derby; Java)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.H2PersistenceManager
(H2 Database Engine; Java)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager
(MySQL)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.PostgreSQLPersistenceManager
(PostgreSQL)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MSSqlPersistenceManager
(MS SQL Server)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManager
(Oracle 10 or newer)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.Oracle9PersistenceManager
(Oracle 9)
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager
(generic database)

See [1] for the documentation,

Regards Ard

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

> Thanks Danilo
>
> ________________________________
>
> Danilo Ardicilii
>
> everett Italia ►
>           TRUSTED TO KNOW
>
> Head Office
>
> Via Torino, 2 - 20123 Milano - Italia
> Tel: +39 02 72546847
> Fax: +39 02 72546418
>
> Technology Centre
>
> Via Federico Fellini, 2 G2/1 - 65010 Spoltore (PE) - Italia
> Tel: +39 085 2120342
> Fax: +39 085 2120342
>
> e-mail: danilo.ardicilii@everett.it
> Web: http://www.everett.it

Re: Cms-Repository-DBMS

b.vanderschans@onehippo.com
Hi,

Did you see these pages?
http://wiki.onehippo.org/display/CMS7/Configuring+Hippo+7+for+MSSQL+and+Tomcat
http://wiki.onehippo.org/display/CMS7/Configuring+Hippo+7+for+MySQL

They should give you an idea on how to configure PostgreSQL.

Bart

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:53 PM, bluesman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello I tried to connect the repository from latest CMS war built with maven
> with Postgresql but I got always getRepository error, it works only with
> Versioning tag where I can find some tables in the postgres db. If I don't
> use Derby DB as the repository.xml sample found in
> cms/WEB-INF/classes/org/hippoecm/repository/repository.xml
> I don't see any css or image, only text or if I try to change something I
> got 500 error with infinity cycle loop (geronimo is in the tomcat lib)
> I wonder how to save all the stuff in postgres and not in the db file made
> by derby as in the cms.war
> Thanks
>
>> Is it possible to connect the repository to another database, example
>> MySql?
>
> Yes, a lot of standard databases are supported which you can configure
> in the repository.xml, for example:
>

>      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager
> (Apache Derby; Java)
>      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.H2PersistenceManager
> (H2 Database Engine; Java)
>      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager
> (MySQL)
>
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.PostgreSQLPersistenceManager
> (PostgreSQL)
>      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MSSqlPersistenceManager
> (MS SQL Server)
>      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManager
> (Oracle 10 or newer)
>
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.Oracle9PersistenceManager
> (Oracle 9)
>
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager
> (generic database)
>
> See [1] for the documentation,
>
> Regards Ard
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ
>

>> Thanks Danilo
>>
>> ________________________________
>>
>> Danilo Ardicilii
>>
>> everett Italia ►
>>           TRUSTED TO KNOW
>>
>> Head Office
>>
>> Via Torino, 2 - 20123 Milano - Italia
>> Tel: +39 02 72546847
>> Fax: +39 02 72546418
>>
>> Technology Centre
>>
>> Via Federico Fellini, 2 G2/1 - 65010 Spoltore (PE) - Italia
>> Tel: +39 085 2120342
>> Fax: +39 085 2120342
>>
>> e-mail: [hidden email]
>> Web: http://www.everett.it

Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466

Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646

Re: Cms-Repository-DBMS

bluesman
I've followed both tutorial and made some "merge" of them to get Hippo working with Postgresql 8.3 and Tomcat 6.20 on Ubuntu, but I got this error while launching Tomcat:

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.20
02.10.2009 18:24:17 ERROR [org.hippoecm.repository.RepositoryServlet.init():181] Error while setting up JCR repository:
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: File system initialization failure.: failed to initialize file system: failed to initialize file system
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfigurationParser$2.getFileSystem(RepositoryConfigurationParser.java:769)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfig.getFileSystem(RepositoryConfig.java:666)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:262)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:62)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.LocalHippoRepository$LocalRepositoryImpl.<init>(LocalHippoRepository.java:244)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.LocalHippoRepository.initialize(LocalHippoRepository.java:259)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.LocalHippoRepository.<init>(LocalHippoRepository.java:146)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.LocalHippoRepository.create(LocalHippoRepository.java:154)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.HippoRepositoryFactory.getHippoRepository(HippoRepositoryFactory.java:195)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.RepositoryServlet.init(RepositoryServlet.java:155)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1173)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:993)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4149)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4458)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:526)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:630)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:556)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:491)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1206)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:314)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:722)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:583)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.FileSystemException: failed to initialize file system
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem.init(DatabaseFileSystem.java:205)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfigurationParser$2.getFileSystem(RepositoryConfigurationParser.java:762)
        ... 39 more
Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Naming exception using javax.naming.InitialContext url: java:comp/env/jdbc/repositoryDS: Name repositoryDS is not bound in this Context: Name repositoryDS is not bound in this Context
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.util.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:89)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem.getConnection(DbFileSystem.java:196)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem.initConnection(DatabaseFileSystem.java:966)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem.init(DatabaseFileSystem.java:184)
        ... 40 more

so the problems should be that "Name repositoryDS is not bound in this Context".
As shown in http://wiki.onehippo.org/display/CMS7/Configuring+Hippo+7+for+MSSQL+and+Tomcat I've created context.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context reloadable="true" debug="true" allowLinking="true">
    <Resource name="jdbc/repositoryDS"
       auth="Container"
        type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
        url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/hippo"
        username="httpd"
        password="httpd"
        validationQuery="select now()"
        maxWait="1000"
        removeAbandoned="true"
        maxActive="8"
        maxIdle="4"
        removeAbandonedTimeout="60"
        logAbandoned="true"/>
</Context>

and repository.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE Repository PUBLIC "-//The Apache Software Foundation//DTD Jackrabbit 1.4//EN"
    "http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/repository-1.4.dtd">
<Repository>

  <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem">
    <param name="url" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/repositoryDS"/>
    <param name="driver" value="javax.naming.InitialContext"/>
    <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="repository_"/>
    <param name="schema" value="postgresql"/>
  </FileSystem>

  <Security appName="Jackrabbit">
    <AccessManager class="org.hippoecm.repository.security.HippoAccessManager"/>
    <LoginModule class="org.hippoecm.repository.security.HippoLoginModule"/>
  </Security>

  <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces" defaultWorkspace="default"/>

  <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem">
      <param name="url" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/repositoryDS"/>
      <param name="driver" value="javax.naming.InitialContext"/>
      <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
      <param name="schema" value="postgresql"/>
    </FileSystem>

    <PersistenceManager class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.PostgreSQLPersistenceManager">
      <param name="driver" value="javax.naming.InitialContext"/>
      <param name="url" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/repositoryDS"/>
      <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
      <param name="externalBLOBs" value="true"/>
      <param name="consistencyCheck" value="true"/>
      <param name="consistencyFix" value="true"/>
    </PersistenceManager>

    <SearchIndex class="org.hippoecm.repository.FacetedNavigationEngineThirdImpl">
      <param name="indexingConfiguration" value="indexing_configuration.xml"/>
      <param name="indexingConfigurationClass" value="org.hippoecm.repository.query.lucene.ServicingIndexingConfigurationImpl"/>
      <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/>
      <param name="useCompoundFile" value="true"/>
      <param name="minMergeDocs" value="1000"/>
      <param name="volatileIdleTime" value="10"/>
      <param name="maxMergeDocs" value="1000000000"/>
      <param name="mergeFactor" value="5"/>
      <param name="maxFieldLength" value="10000"/>
      <param name="bufferSize" value="1000"/>
      <param name="cacheSize" value="1000"/>
      <param name="forceConsistencyCheck" value="true"/>
      <param name="enableConsistencyCheck" value="true"/>
      <param name="autoRepair" value="true"/>
      <param name="analyzer" value="org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer"/>
      <param name="queryClass" value="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.QueryImpl"/>
      <param name="respectDocumentOrder" value="false"/>
      <param name="resultFetchSize" value="2147483647"/>
      <param name="extractorPoolSize" value="0"/>
      <param name="extractorTimeout" value="100"/>
      <param name="extractorBackLogSize" value="100"/>
      <param name="textFilterClasses" value="org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.PlainTextExtractor,org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.MsWordTextExtractor,org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.MsExcelTextExtractor,org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.MsPowerPointTextExtractor,org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.PdfTextExtractor,org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.OpenOfficeTextExtractor,org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.RTFTextExtractor,org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.HTMLTextExtractor,org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.XMLTextExtractor"/>
    </SearchIndex>
  </Workspace>

  <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">
    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem">
           <param name="url" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/repositoryDS"/>
<param name="driver" value="javax.naming.InitialContext"/>
      <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="version_"/>
      <param name="schema" value="postgresql"/>
    </FileSystem>

    <PersistenceManager class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.PostgreSQLPersistenceManager">
      <param name="driver" value="javax.naming.InitialContext"/>
      <param name="url" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/repositoryDS"/>
      <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="version_"/>
      <param name="externalBLOBs" value="true"/>
      <param name="consistencyCheck" value="true"/>
      <param name="consistencyFix" value="true"/>
    </PersistenceManager>
  </Versioning>

  <SearchIndex class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
    <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/repository/index"/>
    <param name="forceConsistencyCheck" value="true"/>
    <param name="enableConsistencyCheck" value="true"/>
  </SearchIndex>

  <DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.db.DbDataStore">
    <param name="url" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/repositoryDS"/>
    <param name="driver" value="javax.naming.InitialContext"/>
    <param name="databaseType" value="postgresql"/>
    <param name="minRecordLength" value="1024"/>
    <param name="maxConnections" value="5"/>
    <param name="copyWhenReading" value="true"/>
  </DataStore>
</Repository>

You can see, I have a database "hippo" in postgresql and I gave permissions for it to httpd user. What's wrong in Context or in Repository? I've also changed org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.JNDIDatabaseFileSystem to org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem as suggested

Thanks

Bart van der Schans-2 wrote

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:53 PM, bluesman <ebballon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello I tried to connect the repository from latest CMS war built with maven
> with Postgresql but I got always getRepository error, it works only with
> Versioning tag where I can find some tables in the postgres db. If I don't
> use Derby DB as the repository.xml sample found in
> cms/WEB-INF/classes/org/hippoecm/repository/repository.xml
> I don't see any css or image, only text or if I try to change something I
> got 500 error with infinity cycle loop (geronimo is in the tomcat lib)
> I wonder how to save all the stuff in postgres and not in the db file made
> by derby as in the cms.war
> Thanks
>
>> Is it possible to connect the repository to another database, example
>> MySql?
>
> Yes, a lot of standard databases are supported which you can configure
> in the repository.xml, for example:
>

>      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager
> (Apache Derby; Java)
>      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.H2PersistenceManager
> (H2 Database Engine; Java)
>      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager
> (MySQL)
>
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.PostgreSQLPersistenceManager
> (PostgreSQL)
>      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MSSqlPersistenceManager
> (MS SQL Server)
>      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManager
> (Oracle 10 or newer)
>
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.Oracle9PersistenceManager
> (Oracle 9)
>
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager
> (generic database)
>
> See [1] for the documentation,
>
> Regards Ard
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ
>

>> Thanks Danilo
>>
>> ________________________________
>>
>> Danilo Ardicilii
>>
>> everett Italia ►
>>           TRUSTED TO KNOW
>>
>> Head Office
>>
>> Via Torino, 2 - 20123 Milano - Italia
>> Tel: +39 02 72546847
>> Fax: +39 02 72546418
>>
>> Technology Centre
>>
>> Via Federico Fellini, 2 G2/1 - 65010 Spoltore (PE) - Italia
>> Tel: +39 085 2120342
>> Fax: +39 085 2120342
>>
>> e-mail: danilo.ardicilii@everett.it
>> Web: http://www.everett.it

Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466

Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646

Re: Cms-Repository-DBMS

Did you also add the following to the web.xml of you application?

    <resource-ref>
        <res-ref-name>jdbc/repositoryDS</res-ref-name>
        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

bluesman wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.PostgreSQLPersistenceManager
>>> (PostgreSQL)
>>>
>>>  org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MSSqlPersistenceManager
>>> (MS SQL Server)
>>>
>>>  org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManager
>>> (Oracle 10 or newer)
>>>
>>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.Oracle9PersistenceManager
>>> (Oracle 9)
>>>
>>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager
>>> (generic database)
>>>
>>> See [1] for the documentation,
>>>
>>> Regards Ard
>>>
>>> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

>> Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
>> Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466
>>
>> Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
>> 101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646

yes I've appended it at the end, inside the web-app tag
Jeroen Reijn wrote

bluesman wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.PostgreSQLPersistenceManager
>>> (PostgreSQL)
>>>
>>>  org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MSSqlPersistenceManager
>>> (MS SQL Server)
>>>
>>>  org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManager
>>> (Oracle 10 or newer)
>>>
>>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.Oracle9PersistenceManager
>>> (Oracle 9)
>>>
>>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager
>>> (generic database)
>>>
>>> See [1] for the documentation,
>>>
>>> Regards Ard
>>>
>>> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

>> Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
>> Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466
>>
>> Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
>> 101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646

Zeljko Kovacevic
Which version of Hippo are you using?
In the tutorial I wrote for MSSQL+Tomcat configuration (http://wiki.onehippo.org/display/CMS7/Configuring+Hippo+7+for+MSSQL+and+Tomcat ), on the bottom of the page, there is sentence:
"From version 7.1, Hippo delivers new Jackrabbit 1.5, therefore repository.xml given above should be adjusted."

It looks like you are using repository.xml for Hippo 7.0 version, according to the example you gave. If this is the true maybe there is the problem.

Another thing, if you defined JNDI resource in your context.xml file for Tomcat do not define same resource in web.xml file. This can cause problems.
Therefore, remove definition from web.xml file and adjust your repository.xml (if you are using Hippo 7.1 or 7.2). Let me know results :)

Zeljko

In th
bluesman wrote

bluesman wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.PostgreSQLPersistenceManager
>>> (PostgreSQL)
>>>
>>>  org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MSSqlPersistenceManager
>>> (MS SQL Server)
>>>
>>>  org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManager
>>> (Oracle 10 or newer)
>>>
>>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.Oracle9PersistenceManager
>>> (Oracle 9)
>>>
>>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager
>>> (generic database)
>>>
>>> See [1] for the documentation,
>>>
>>> Regards Ard
>>>
>>> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

>> Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
>> Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466
>>
>> Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
>> 101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646

The docs on how to upgrade your repository.xml are here:

http://www.onehippo.org/site-toolkit/use+cms/upgrading/7.0+to+7.1/repository+config.html

Bart

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 8:58 AM, Zeljko Kovacevic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Which version of Hippo are you using?
> In the tutorial I wrote for MSSQL+Tomcat configuration, on the bottom, there
> is sentence:
> "From version 7.1, Hippo delivers new Jackrabbit 1.5, therefore
> repository.xml given above should be adjusted."
>
> It looks like you are using repository.xml for Hippo 7.0 version, according
> to the example you gave. If this is the true maybe there is the problem.
>
> Zeljko
>

> In th
>
> bluesman wrote:
>>
>> yes I've appended it at the end, inside the web-app tag
>>
>> Jeroen Reijn wrote:
>>>
>>> Did you also add the following to the web.xml of you application?
>>>
>>>     <resource-ref>
>>>         <res-ref-name>jdbc/repositoryDS</res-ref-name>
>>>         <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>>>         <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>>>     </resource-ref>
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Jeroen

Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466

Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646

Re: Cms-Repository-DBMS

bluesman
Hi guys, I can successful then use PostgreSQL as repository!
I had already fixed the repository syntax according to
http://www.onehippo.org/site-toolkit/use+cms/upgrading/7.0+to+7.1/repository+config.html
I missed only the DTD declaration that then I've changed from 1.4 to 1.5 and now it works! :)
Before I tried to remove from web.xml the resource definition or the context.xml and META-INF dir but I got always errors, but changing the DTD declaration it seems all ok, now I see in my db theese tables:
datastore
default_bundle
default_fsentry
default_names
default_refs
repository_fsentry
version_bundle
version_fsentry
version_names
version_refs

so I think it's all working fine.
Thank you all!

Zeljko Kovacevic wrote

bluesman

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 11:17 PM, bluesman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've tried to resumethis issue in this blog article
> http://gotext.org/people/bluesman/en/2009/10/english-configuring-hippo-7-for-postgresql-and-tomcat/
>
> :)
Cool! Thanks for sharing!

Bart