Connect to repository through rmi using external jcr viewer

Connect to repository through rmi using external jcr viewer

dimethyl
Hello All!

I am newbie in Hippo CMS and JCR. How to setup repository to connect it from other tools such as jcrviewer etc... I need this to understand better how repo is designed, I think it will be helpful addition to hippo native console... Thanks.

Re: Connect to repository through rmi using external jcr viewer

Woonsan Ko-3
Hello,

Hippo CMS7 already provides a JCR Console view through a url like
http://localhost:8080/cms/console
You can generate a simple project by following [1].
And, as documented there, you can run the project and visit the console.

HTH,

Woonsan

[1] https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Hippo+Baby+Steps

On 05/12/2011 06:05 PM, dimethyl wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> I am newbie in Hippo CMS and JCR. How to setup repository to connect it from
> other tools such as jcrviewer etc... I need this to understand better how
> repo is designed, I think it will be helpful addition to hippo native
> console... Thanks.

[hidden email]     www.onehippo.com
San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 755 Baywood Drive, Second Floor, Petaluma, CA. 94954 +1 877 414-4776 (toll free)
Amsterdam - Hippo B.V. Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam +31(0)20-5224466

Re: Connect to repository through rmi using external jcr viewer

dimethyl
Yes, console is great tool, but there are some things which are unclear to me (referenced node presentation e.g) thus I am interesting alternative low level viewer of repository, I tried jcrviewer, toromiro... with parameters rmi://127.0.0.1:1099/hipporepository, admin/admin with no lack...

Re: Connect to repository through rmi using external jcr viewer

Berry van Halderen
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 3:18 AM, dimethyl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, console is great tool, but there are some things which are unclear to me
> (referenced node presentation e.g) thus I am interesting alternative low
> level viewer of repository, I tried jcrviewer, toromiro... with parameters
> rmi://127.0.0.1:1099/hipporepository, admin/admin with no lack...

You would need to patch the jcrviewer in order to use the Hippo JARs.  Just
including them will not be enough,   Utimately you need
    import org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory;
    import org.hippoecm.repository.decorating.client.ClientServicesAdapterFactory;
    ClientServicesAdapterFactory adapterFactory = new
ClientServicesAdapterFactory();
    ClientRepositoryFactory repositoryFactory = new
ClientRepositoryFactory(adapterFactory);
    repository = repositoryFactory.getRepository(location);
The  org.hippoecm.repository.decorating.client.ClientServicesAdapterFactory
is just about the same as the
ClientAdapterFactory in jackrabbit but you'll get some exception if
you don't use the exact same class.

If you manage to get the jcrviewer to work with JNDI, then this cruft
is not necessary, but I didn't get
that to work in jcrviewer ages ago.

Your use case, to use an external jcr tool is very proper.  The
JCRShell (on the forge) is a similar tool,
but only as command line interface.  A GUI needs different design.

\Berry

Re: Connect to repository through rmi using external jcr viewer

dimethyl
This post was updated on .
Thanks Berry.  But why not expose standart  rmi or DavEx interface from cms war? Jackrabbit provides jars for this. But I can't figure out how to build cms to have this features enabled.
Day.com have nice eclipse plugin to view JCR repository, but it only supports connection trough DavEx (Jcr WebDav extension)

Re: Connect to repository through rmi using external jcr viewer

Torsten Witte
dimethyl wrote
Yes, console is great tool, but there are some things which are unclear to me (referenced node presentation e.g) thus I am interesting alternative low level viewer of repository, I tried jcrviewer, toromiro... with parameters rmi://127.0.0.1:1099/hipporepository, admin/admin with no lack...
Meanwhile for Toromiro 1.7 (and newer) an Hippo CMS add-on exists that can be installed via Help > Install New Software... and selecting the Toromiro Extensions Update Site. After installation the content of a Hippo CMS repository can be browsed and edited.
See the official documentation for further information about connecting to a Hippo repository.

Regards,

   Torsten