Creating a new plugin project

bjorn
Is there any maven archetype to create a new plugin/add-on project? Or some documentation? Or a (forge)project that is a good starting point.

Basically I would like to create a new plugin project with
- content with some hst configuration
- cms plugin to customize editing of special content
- site plugin with components and jsp templates

I have had a look at other plug-ins at Hippo forge and I understand how to use existing plug-ins. However, I have not found any documentation on how to start a new plug-in project.

I have found one old post: http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Plugin-project-structure-tp3767941.html
and a three year old video at vimeo: http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/concepts/plugins/how-to-create-an-editing-plugin.html

/Björn

Re: Creating a new plugin project

drek
Hi Bjorn,

Me and some colleagues organized a Hippo plugin development day. Together with Alle Veenstra I've created a sort of Hippo archetype for a plugin. We've also created an extended Hippo archetype. Basically this is the standard archetype with a plugin implemented for a simple document type. Maybe you can check it out. Not very well documented though(but this is something we see more often in open source development ;)) and just a very basic starting point...

You can check it out at: https://github.com/decrek

Cheers,

Declan Rek

Re: Creating a new plugin project

Jeroen Hoffman

Indeed there is no forge project archetype, nor is there documentation, sorry
about that.

We usually have a plugin with modules for CMS, repository and HST artifacts, if
applicable obviously.

Then on the same level a demo project, generated by the standard archetype,
which uses the plugin artifacts.

Again on the same level a maven2 folder to deploy the artifacts to.

E.g. in SVN plugin root:
myplugin/trunk
myplugin/trunk/cms
myplugin/trunk/repository
myplugin/trunk/hst

myplugin-demo/trunk/cms
myplugin-demo/trunk/repository
myplugin-demo/trunk/site

maven2

EasyForms [1] has that kind of structure, so has properties [2].
[1] https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/easy-forms
[2] https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/properties

Cheers
Jeroen