Creating a new user group with minimal permissions in 7.7(.5)

Creating a new user group with minimal permissions in 7.7(.5)

skranend
I want to create a new group with different permissions, but when following the instructions found in the wiki [0] under 'minimal privileges' I cannot login with the user that is in my created group.

The message I get in the login screen is "Access to this application is not allowed for this user"

I have tested this with a clean archetype (latest), by just adding a new group 'test' and adding the described privileges at [0]. Then via the CMS I create a new user 'test' and add this user to the group.

Any help is appreciated!

[0] https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Repository+Authorization+and+Permissions;cid=1337696637055-950#RepositoryAuthorizationandPermissions-Startwithminimalprivileges

Re: Creating a new user group with minimal permissions in 7.7(.5)

William Borg Barthet
Hi there,

are you logging in to the repository (http://localhost:8080/cms/repository)? That is recommended when working with permissions as you can load changes just by refreshing instead of logging in and out. Although you should be able to log in to the cms/console anyway so I'm not sure if this will really help to address your problem.

William Borg Barthet

On 7 August 2012 15:25, skranend <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to create a new group with different permissions, but when following
the instructions found in the wiki [0] under 'minimal privileges' I cannot
login with the user that is in my created group.

The message I get in the login screen is "Access to this application is not
allowed for this user"

I have tested this with a clean archetype (latest), by just adding a new
group 'test' and adding the described privileges at [0]. Then via the CMS I
create a new user 'test' and add this user to the group.

Any help is appreciated!

[0]
https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Repository+Authorization+and+Permissions;cid=1337696637055-950#RepositoryAuthorizationandPermissions-Startwithminimalprivileges

Re: Creating a new user group with minimal permissions in 7.7(.5)

Lars Michele
Since 7.7.4 there are some changes for accessing the cms/console which can be
found here:
https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Configure+login+to+CMS+and+Console+applications

Best regards
Lars
Am Dienstag, 7. August 2012, 06:25:25 schrieb skranend:

> I want to create a new group with different permissions, but when following
> the instructions found in the wiki [0] under 'minimal privileges' I cannot
> login with the user that is in my created group.
>
> The message I get in the login screen is "Access to this application is not
> allowed for this user"
>
> I have tested this with a clean archetype (latest), by just adding a new
> group 'test' and adding the described privileges at [0]. Then via the CMS I
> create a new user 'test' and add this user to the group.
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> [0]
> https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Repository+Authorization+and+Permissi
> ons;cid=1337696637055-950#RepositoryAuthorizationandPermissions-Startwithmin
> imalprivileges

Re: Creating a new user group with minimal permissions in 7.7(.5)

skranend
Lars, that's useful information! Maybe that page could be linked from the permissions page, as this has an impact on the stuff described there...

I've removed the cms.privileges property and now my minimal access user can login!

I have one additional question though. the privileges described like hippo:author and hippo:admin, are these groups? It looks like it. I'd love to keep this feature intact on the cms login, but I have to create a usergroup which cannot simply inherit from author.

Is the only way to achieve this to create a new base group, say, 'cmsloginuser' and then let the other groups inherit from there?

Re: Creating a new user group with minimal permissions in 7.7(.5)

b.vanderschans@onehippo.com

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM, skranend
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I want to create a new group with different permissions, but when following
> the instructions found in the wiki [0] under 'minimal privileges' I cannot
> login with the user that is in my created group.
>
> The message I get in the login screen is "Access to this application is not
> allowed for this user"
>
> I have tested this with a clean archetype (latest), by just adding a new
> group 'test' and adding the described privileges at [0]. Then via the CMS I
> create a new user 'test' and add this user to the group.
>
> Any help is appreciated!

Who can login to the CMS and console is configured on the login
plugin. Please see:

https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Configure+login+to+CMS+and+Console+applications

Regards,
Bart