Creating new documents in an updater

drek
Hi guys,

I'm trying to create new documents in an updater. Once I've created one of the new documents the logging gives me errors. It states that some mandatory field is missing. So one by one I've added the mandatory fields, solving each error message. except for the lastModifiedBy property. The updater keeps giving me the error: "mandatory property {http://www.onehippo.org/jcr/hippostdpubwf/nt/1.0}lastModifiedBy does not exist". While I am very sure that I've added the property. Below is a piece of my code:

myDocument.addMixin("hippo:harddocument");
myDocument.addMixin("hippotranslation:translated");

myDocument.setProperty("hippotranslation:locale","nl");
myDocument.setProperty("hippotranslation:id", someUuid);
myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:creationDate","2012-11-27T12:15:21.377+01:00");
myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:createdBy","admin");
myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModifiedBy","admin");
myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModificationDate","2012-11-27T12:15:21.377+01:00");
myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:publicationDate","2012-11-27T12:15:21.377+01:00");

I understand that I am trying to create documents not using the standard workflow, but assumed this was possible. Now I am starting to doubt if this is even possible.
Is this the correct way to create documents in an updater? If no, how should I tackle this issue?
Why does he keep buggin' me about the lastModifiedBy property, while all other errors were solved by adding the property?

Thanks in advance,

Declan

Re: Creating new documents in an updater

Frank van Lankvelt
are you using relaxed document types?  Then there is the possibility
that the wrong property definition is used to store the
lastModificationDate.
You could try using the ValueFactory to create a Value object of the
correct type.

cheers, Frank

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM, drek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to create new documents in an updater. Once I've created one of
> the new documents the logging gives me errors. It states that some mandatory
> field is missing. So one by one I've added the mandatory fields, solving
> each error message. except for the lastModifiedBy property. The updater
> keeps giving me the error: "mandatory property
> {http://www.onehippo.org/jcr/hippostdpubwf/nt/1.0}lastModifiedBy does not
> exist". While I am very sure that I've added the property. Below is a piece
> of my code:
>
> myDocument.addMixin("hippo:harddocument");
> myDocument.addMixin("hippotranslation:translated");
>
> myDocument.setProperty("hippotranslation:locale","nl");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippotranslation:id", someUuid);
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:creationDate","2012-11-27T12:15:21.377+01:00");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:createdBy","admin");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModifiedBy","admin");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModificationDate","2012-11-27T12:15:21.377+01:00");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:publicationDate","2012-11-27T12:15:21.377+01:00");
>
> I understand that I am trying to create documents not using the standard
> workflow, but assumed this was possible. Now I am starting to doubt if this
> is even possible.
> Is this the correct way to create documents in an updater? If no, how should
> I tackle this issue?
> Why does he keep buggin' me about the lastModifiedBy property, while all
> other errors were solved by adding the property?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Declan

Re: Creating new documents in an updater

Wouter Danes-2
Yes, that's probably it, had this one before.
It might create a String instead of a Date property.

are you using relaxed document types?  Then there is the possibility that the wrong property definition is used to store the lastModificationDate.
You could try using the ValueFactory to create a Value object of the correct type.

cheers, Frank

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM, drek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to create new documents in an updater. Once I've created
> one of the new documents the logging gives me errors. It states that
> some mandatory field is missing. So one by one I've added the
> mandatory fields, solving each error message. except for the
> lastModifiedBy property. The updater keeps giving me the error:
> "mandatory property
> {http://www.onehippo.org/jcr/hippostdpubwf/nt/1.0}lastModifiedBy does
> not exist". While I am very sure that I've added the property. Below is a piece of my code:
>
> myDocument.addMixin("hippo:harddocument");
> myDocument.addMixin("hippotranslation:translated");
>
> myDocument.setProperty("hippotranslation:locale","nl");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippotranslation:id", someUuid);
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:creationDate","2012-11-27T12:15:
> 21.377+01:00");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:createdBy","admin");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModifiedBy","admin");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModificationDate","2012-11-2
> 7T12:15:21.377+01:00");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:publicationDate","2012-11-27T12:
> 15:21.377+01:00");
>
> I understand that I am trying to create documents not using the
> standard workflow, but assumed this was possible. Now I am starting to
> doubt if this is even possible.
> Is this the correct way to create documents in an updater? If no, how
> should I tackle this issue?
> Why does he keep buggin' me about the lastModifiedBy property, while
> all other errors were solved by adding the property?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Declan

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

Re: Creating new documents in an updater

marijan milicevic
On 12/04/2012 06:54 PM, drek wrote:
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModificationDate","2012-11-27T12:15:21.377+01:00");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:publicationDate","2012-11-27T12:15:21.377+01:00");

As stated by Frank/Wouter, this wont work :(
cheers
marijan

Re: Creating new documents in an updater

drek
For the record: It's throwing errors on the "lastModifiedBy" property, which is a String, not one of the Date properties. But I get the idea..
I indeed have relaxed document types, so now I am using the ValueFactory as Frank suggested but still no luck :-(
My code now looks like this:

myDocument.addMixin("hippo:harddocument");
myDocument.addMixin("hippotranslation:translated");
myDocument.setProperty("hippotranslation:locale",node.getSession().getValueFactory().createValue("nl"));
myDocument.setProperty("hippotranslation:id",node.getSession().getValueFactory().createValue(someUuid));
myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:creationDate",node.getSession().getValueFactory().createValue(Calendar.getInstance()));
myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:createdBy",node.getSession().getValueFactory().createValue("admin"));
myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModifiedBy",node.getSession().getValueFactory().createValue("admin"));
myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModificationDate",node.getSession().getValueFactory().createValue(Calendar.getInstance()));
myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:publicationDate",node.getSession().getValueFactory().createValue(Calendar.getInstance()));

This still gives me errors on the "lastModifiedBy" property.
I also tried:
myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:creationDate","2012-11-27T12:15:21.377+01:00", PropertyType.DATE);
myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModifiedBy","admin", PropertyType.STRING);

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Declan

Yes, that's probably it, had this one before.
It might create a String instead of a Date property.

are you using relaxed document types?  Then there is the possibility that the wrong property definition is used to store the lastModificationDate.
You could try using the ValueFactory to create a Value object of the correct type.

cheers, Frank

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM, drek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to create new documents in an updater. Once I've created
> one of the new documents the logging gives me errors. It states that
> some mandatory field is missing. So one by one I've added the
> mandatory fields, solving each error message. except for the
> lastModifiedBy property. The updater keeps giving me the error:
> "mandatory property
> {http://www.onehippo.org/jcr/hippostdpubwf/nt/1.0}lastModifiedBy does
> not exist". While I am very sure that I've added the property. Below is a piece of my code:
>
> myDocument.addMixin("hippo:harddocument");
> myDocument.addMixin("hippotranslation:translated");
>
> myDocument.setProperty("hippotranslation:locale","nl");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippotranslation:id", someUuid);
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:creationDate","2012-11-27T12:15:
> 21.377+01:00");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:createdBy","admin");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModifiedBy","admin");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModificationDate","2012-11-2
> 7T12:15:21.377+01:00");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:publicationDate","2012-11-27T12:
> 15:21.377+01:00");
>
> I understand that I am trying to create documents not using the
> standard workflow, but assumed this was possible. Now I am starting to
> doubt if this is even possible.
> Is this the correct way to create documents in an updater? If no, how
> should I tackle this issue?
> Why does he keep buggin' me about the lastModifiedBy property, while
> all other errors were solved by adding the property?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Declan

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

Re: Creating new documents in an updater

Adolfo Benedetti
Hi Declan,

This works for me;

            Calendar now = GregorianCalendar.getInstance();
            portalConfigurationFile.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModificationDate", now);
            portalConfigurationFile.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:creationDate", now);
            portalConfigurationFile.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:createdBy", "admin");
            portalConfigurationFile.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModifiedBy", "admin");

Adolfo Benedetti

2012/12/5 Rek, Declan <[hidden email]>
> [...]

> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModifiedBy","admin");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModificationDate","2012-11-2
> 7T12:15:21.377+01:00");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:publicationDate","2012-11-27T12:
> 15:21.377+01:00");
>
> I understand that I am trying to create documents not using the
> standard workflow, but assumed this was possible. Now I am starting to
> doubt if this is even possible.
> Is this the correct way to create documents in an updater? If no, how
> should I tackle this issue?
> Why does he keep buggin' me about the lastModifiedBy property, while
> all other errors were solved by adding the property?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Declan

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US <a href="tel:%2B1%20877%20414%204776" value="+18774144776">+1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe <a href="tel:%2B31%280%2920%20522%204466" value="+31205224466">+31(0)20 522 4466

Re: Creating new documents in an updater

drek

After some oldskool system.out.println debugging I noticed that the problem arises when I use getProperty("jcr:uuid") (which is already set) before setting all the mandatory fields. Indeed Adolfo's or Frank's suggestion works.

Thanks everybody!

Declan

Yes, that's probably it, had this one before.
It might create a String instead of a Date property.

are you using relaxed document types?  Then there is the possibility that the wrong property definition is used to store the lastModificationDate.
You could try using the ValueFactory to create a Value object of the correct type.

cheers, Frank

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM, drek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to create new documents in an updater. Once I've created
> one of the new documents the logging gives me errors. It states that
> some mandatory field is missing. So one by one I've added the
> mandatory fields, solving each error message. except for the
> lastModifiedBy property. The updater keeps giving me the error:
> "mandatory property
> {<a href="http://www.onehippo.org/jcr/hippostdpubwf/nt/1.0}lastModifiedBy" target="_blank">http://www.onehippo.org/jcr/hippostdpubwf/nt/1.0}lastModifiedBy does
> not exist". While I am very sure that I've added the property. Below is a piece of my code:
>
> myDocument.addMixin("hippo:harddocument");
> myDocument.addMixin("hippotranslation:translated");
>
> myDocument.setProperty("hippotranslation:locale","nl");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippotranslation:id", someUuid);
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:creationDate","2012-11-27T12:15:
> 21.377+01:00");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:createdBy","admin");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModifiedBy","admin");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:lastModificationDate","2012-11-2
> 7T12:15:21.377+01:00");
> myDocument.setProperty("hippostdpubwf:publicationDate","2012-11-27T12:
> 15:21.377+01:00");
>
> I understand that I am trying to create documents not using the
> standard workflow, but assumed this was possible. Now I am starting to
> doubt if this is even possible.
> Is this the correct way to create documents in an updater? If no, how
> should I tackle this issue?
> Why does he keep buggin' me about the lastModifiedBy property, while
> all other errors were solved by adding the property?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Declan

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US <a href="tel:%2B1%20877%20414%204776" target="_blank" value="&#43;18774144776">+1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe <a href="tel:%2B31%280%2920%20522%204466" target="_blank" value="&#43;31205224466"> +31(0)20 522 4466