Creating user via Site

ramandeep0015
Hi Everyone,

Is there any way to create user in hippo cms via site

Like in go-green project in which login module is there and we create user in cms and we can login via go-green

can we register i mean create user in cms via registration process in go-green

Or i have to create separate database for creating the user and login Process

Thanks & Regards
Ramandeep Singh

Re: Creating user via Site

Ard
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 8:26 AM, ramandeep0015 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Is there any way to create user in hippo cms via site

Currently it is only possible by writing the correct jcr nodes. We are
currently working on services that could provide this kind of
functionality.

Regards Ard

> Like in go-green project in which login module is there and we create user
> in cms and we can login via go-green
>
> can we register i mean create user in cms via registration process in
> go-green
>
> Or i have to create separate database for creating the user and login
> Process
>

> Thanks & Regards
> Ramandeep Singh

Re: Creating user via Site

ramandeep0015
Hi Ard

Thanks for Your Kind reply

Ok if i create the user using JCR nodes, how can i link users to document

example each user has product document, How can i relate them should i name the product document accordingly like username_product? Or is there any alternate way to do this?

Please Suggest

Thanks
Ramandeep Singh

Re: Creating user via Site

Ard
On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 8:13 AM, ramandeep0015 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Ard
>
> Thanks for Your Kind reply
>
> Ok if i create the user using JCR nodes, how can i link users to document
>
> example each user has product document, How can i relate them should i name
> the product document accordingly like username_product? Or is there any
> alternate way to do this?

This seems very domain specific, and pretty much up to you to decide.
For example, if you add a user 'john doe', you could choose to store
his product document at

user-products
    `o
       `h
           - john doe (product document)

So, every user that has the same first three chars will use the same
folder to store their user document in

This is just one of a million options of course. That is up to you

Regards Ard