DTAP - hst:pages

Jerome Mirc
Hi,

I created a new updater class to reload the hst:pages for my project. All nodes that reference the *hst-hst-hst*** within /hippo:configuration/hippo:initialize have been removed by the updater.

I figured the following behaviors:
  1- The new nodes are created (GOOD)
  2- The removed nodes need to be removed programmatically (NOT AN ISSUE)
  3- The existing nodes are not updated (THIS IS MY ISSUE)

How can I tell the updater to recreate a specific hst:pages.

Thanks for your help?

Jérôme

Re: DTAP - hst:pages

William Borg Barthet
Hi Jérôme,

I think you need to remove the actual page nodes as well as the initialise item nodes. AFAIK the updater will not overwrite the existing nodes. If the initialise nodes and the nodes that need to be replace are deleted, the new configuration should be bootstrapped. I hope this helps you solve your problem.

William

On 12 October 2012 16:39, Jerome Mirc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I created a new updater class to reload the hst:pages for my project. All
nodes that reference the *hst-hst-hst*** within
/hippo:configuration/hippo:initialize have been removed by the updater.

I figured the following behaviors:
  1- The new nodes are created (GOOD)
  2- The removed nodes need to be removed programmatically (NOT AN ISSUE)
  3- The existing nodes are not updated (THIS IS MY ISSUE)

How can I tell the updater to recreate a specific hst:pages.

Thanks for your help?

Jérôme

Re: DTAP - hst:pages

Hi Jérôme,

Have you taken a look at the following forge project?

http://hippo-utilities.forge.onehippo.org/repository/base-updater.html

Re: DTAP - hst:pages

Bert Leunis
Hi Jérôme,

You may benefit from the "reload on startup" feature, see [1]. Take care, not all features mentioned there are already available. But the reload feature should work.

[1] http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/development/reload-on-startup-initialize-items.html

Bert Leunis

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM, William Borg Barthet <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your help. It works now.

Jérôme.