Dialogs broken in 2.04?

Adriaan Bloem
Hi,

Is it just me, or are the dialog screens broken in 2.04? They do pop
up (well, overlay), but have no form fields and only an OK button.
(Sometimes not even that). Both in FF, Chrome, and IE8. In 2.03
they're fine.

Cheers,
Adriaan M. Bloem
__

Analyst, CMS Watch
http://www.cmswatch.com/

Re: Dialogs broken in 2.04?

David Legg
Hi Adriaan,

> Is it just me, or are the dialog screens broken in 2.04?

No it's not just you ;-)

2.04 did exactly the same for me.  2.05 seems to fix this but then it
breaks when you try to use the CMS to define new document types.

Regards,
David Legg

Re: Dialogs broken in 2.04?

Hi Adriaan/David,

could you pinpoint a example dialog? I'm using the CMS with some default
content and do not experience any strange dialog behavior. I'm using
firefox 3.0.7 on Ubuntu.

I do want to emphasize though that it's an alpha release. :-) But it's
good to know if something is up.

David Legg wrote:

> Hi Adriaan,
>
>> Is it just me, or are the dialog screens broken in 2.04?
>
> No it's not just you ;-)
>
> 2.04 did exactly the same for me.  2.05 seems to fix this but then it
> breaks when you try to use the CMS to define new document types.
>
> Regards,
> David Legg

Re: Dialogs broken in 2.04?

Adriaan Bloem
It's *all* of the dialogs ;) See attached examples.
Thought it might be due to some cached scripts, but clearing browser
cache/starting a fresh browser doesn't help. Thought I'd b0rked the
configuration, messing in the console, but a fresh install didn't help
either.

And yes, I realize it's in alpha, but there's no use in my reviewing
v6 anymore ;) So I'm just going with what I can get to run. (Which is
quite a lot, fortunately).

Cheers,
Adriaan M. Bloem
__

Analyst, CMS Watch
http://www.cmswatch.com/

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Jeroen Reijn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Adriaan/David,
>
> could you pinpoint a example dialog? I'm using the CMS with some default
> content and do not experience any strange dialog behavior. I'm using firefox
> 3.0.7 on Ubuntu.
>
> I do want to emphasize though that it's an alpha release. :-) But it's good
> to know if something is up.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeroen
>
> David Legg wrote:
>>
>> Hi Adriaan,
>>
>>> Is it just me, or are the dialog screens broken in 2.04?
>>
>> No it's not just you ;-)
>>
>> 2.04 did exactly the same for me.  2.05 seems to fix this but then it
>> breaks when you try to use the CMS to define new document types.
>>
>> Regards,
>> David Legg

2009-03-12_175119.png (27K) Download Attachment
2009-03-12_175659.png (39K) Download Attachment

Re: Dialogs broken in 2.04?

Thanks Adriaan,

I'll give it a go on Windows then, since I',m experiencing the exact opposite :-)

Might I ask what you are running? The quickstart or just your own packaged war?

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Adriaan M. Bloem <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's *all* of the dialogs ;) See attached examples.
Thought it might be due to some cached scripts, but clearing browser
cache/starting a fresh browser doesn't help. Thought I'd b0rked the
configuration, messing in the console, but a fresh install didn't help
either.

And yes, I realize it's in alpha, but there's no use in my reviewing
v6 anymore ;) So I'm just going with what I can get to run. (Which is
quite a lot, fortunately).

Cheers,
Adriaan M. Bloem
__

Analyst, CMS Watch
http://www.cmswatch.com/

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Jeroen Reijn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Adriaan/David,
>
> could you pinpoint a example dialog? I'm using the CMS with some default
> content and do not experience any strange dialog behavior. I'm using firefox
> 3.0.7 on Ubuntu.
>
> I do want to emphasize though that it's an alpha release. :-) But it's good
> to know if something is up.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeroen
>
> David Legg wrote:
>>
>> Hi Adriaan,
>>
>>> Is it just me, or are the dialog screens broken in 2.04?
>>
>> No it's not just you ;-)
>>
>> 2.04 did exactly the same for me.  2.05 seems to fix this but then it
>> breaks when you try to use the CMS to define new document types.
>>
>> Regards,
>> David Legg

Re: Dialogs broken in 2.04?

Adriaan Bloem
That's the quickstart. And yes, on Windows.

Cheers,
Adriaan M. Bloem
__

Analyst, CMS Watch
http://www.cmswatch.com/

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Jeroen Reijn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Adriaan,
>
> I'll give it a go on Windows then, since I',m experiencing the exact
> opposite :-)
>
> Might I ask what you are running? The quickstart or just your own packaged
> war?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeroen
>
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Adriaan M. Bloem <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> It's *all* of the dialogs ;) See attached examples.
>> Thought it might be due to some cached scripts, but clearing browser
>> cache/starting a fresh browser doesn't help. Thought I'd b0rked the
>> configuration, messing in the console, but a fresh install didn't help
>> either.
>>
>> And yes, I realize it's in alpha, but there's no use in my reviewing
>> v6 anymore ;) So I'm just going with what I can get to run. (Which is
>> quite a lot, fortunately).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adriaan M. Bloem
>> __
>>
>> Analyst, CMS Watch
>> http://www.cmswatch.com/
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Jeroen Reijn <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Adriaan/David,
>> >
>> > could you pinpoint a example dialog? I'm using the CMS with some default
>> > content and do not experience any strange dialog behavior. I'm using
>> > firefox
>> > 3.0.7 on Ubuntu.
>> >
>> > I do want to emphasize though that it's an alpha release. :-) But it's
>> > good
>> > to know if something is up.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Jeroen

Re: Dialogs broken in 2.04?

yeah, the 2.04 tag was never, and won't be, released.  We made some drastic improvements to the core that have introduced lots of "little" bugs (please note that this is coming from a developer: little in terms of the amount of work required to fix it, not the amount of annoyance it gives users...)

We intend to focus on these issues shortly.  In the mean time, I hope that any reviews are done on releases from the 2.03.xx branch, with 2.03.1 being the latest and greatest.  This is also the version that plugin developers can/should use to base their work on.

The trunk is of course available if you want to check out new, developing, features.  Its stability will vary over time; if you find issues there then please report them on the development list: [hidden email].  We can then keep this list focussed on released software as it is used in projects and by end users.

I cannot reproduce the issue on linux, using jetty.  How are you deploying the war; maybe you are reusing an existing repository?

cheers, Frank

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Adriaan M. Bloem <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's *all* of the dialogs ;) See attached examples.
Thought it might be due to some cached scripts, but clearing browser
cache/starting a fresh browser doesn't help. Thought I'd b0rked the
configuration, messing in the console, but a fresh install didn't help
either.

And yes, I realize it's in alpha, but there's no use in my reviewing
v6 anymore ;) So I'm just going with what I can get to run. (Which is
quite a lot, fortunately).

Cheers,
Adriaan M. Bloem
__

Analyst, CMS Watch
http://www.cmswatch.com/

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Jeroen Reijn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Adriaan/David,
>
> could you pinpoint a example dialog? I'm using the CMS with some default
> content and do not experience any strange dialog behavior. I'm using firefox
> 3.0.7 on Ubuntu.
>
> I do want to emphasize though that it's an alpha release. :-) But it's good
> to know if something is up.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeroen
>
> David Legg wrote:
>>
>> Hi Adriaan,
>>
>>> Is it just me, or are the dialog screens broken in 2.04?
>>
>> No it's not just you ;-)
>>
>> 2.04 did exactly the same for me.  2.05 seems to fix this but then it
>> breaks when you try to use the CMS to define new document types.
>>
>> Regards,
>> David Legg

Re: Dialogs broken in 2.04?

Adriaan Bloem
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Frank van Lankvelt
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> yeah, the 2.04 tag was never, and won't be, released.  We made some drastic
> improvements to the core that have introduced lots of "little" bugs (please
> note that this is coming from a developer: little in terms of the amount of
> work required to fix it, not the amount of annoyance it gives users...)

Yeah, I noticed that. Don't worry, I'm not just looking at the interface ;)

> We intend to focus on these issues shortly.  In the mean time, I hope that
> any reviews are done on releases from the 2.03.xx branch, with 2.03.1 being
> the latest and greatest.  This is also the version that plugin developers
> can/should use to base their work on.

I'm looking at all different versions, tracking progress :P Will
probably use 2.03 for most screenshots though.

> I cannot reproduce the issue on linux, using jetty.  How are you deploying
> the war; maybe you are reusing an existing repository?
>
> cheers, Frank

Deploying the quickstart war in Tomcat 6.0.18, not reusing an existing
repository. Took a clean XP VM (yeah, I know, but I just happened to
have one at hand) and had the same thing happen.

Cheers,
Adriaan M. Bloem
__

Analyst, CMS Watch
http://www.cmswatch.com/

Re: Dialogs broken in 2.04?

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I cannot reproduce the issue on linux, using jetty.  How are you deploying
> the war; maybe you are reusing an existing repository?

I had the same problem on windows. I guess it has been a duplicate jar
with different versions. Seems to be resolved again already, only not
in the 2.04.00

Regards Ard