Duplicate Links

hyc

Duplicate Links

hyc
Hi, I've got a site menu in cms and on my website i use hst:link to display the links. Problem is that if I enable https accesses to the website and someone accesses it using https then menu links are generated with https scheme. Is there a way around that? I don't want links to point to https they should be http by default. This will i think create problems of duplicate contents with bots?

Re: Duplicate Links

abhishek bhardwaj
Hi,
you can create a node under hst:hst>configuration>sitemenu>main navigation
after that you can give reference with sitemapitem of that content........
i think it shud help you.........

hyc

Re: Duplicate Links

hyc
yeah that is what I've got a site menu items with referencesitemapitem pointing to pages. with in my code while generating links i just give refnerence to that sitemenu item and the link is generated by HST with http or https if I am on https it generates links with https rather than http.

Re: Duplicate Links

Ard
Apologies for my late reaction

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 6:28 AM, hyc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> yeah that is what I've got a site menu items with referencesitemapitem
> pointing to pages. with in my code while generating links i just give
> refnerence to that sitemenu item and the link is generated by HST with http
> or https if I am on https it generates links with https rather than http.

By default, hst links are created as absolute links (starting with /)
but not as fully qualified (scheme + host + port + requestURI). If you
need fully qualified url, add to the hst:link tag fullyQualified=true.
If then your default scheme on hst:hosts node is http, you should get
what you need.

Also note that on short notice, I will add seamless http/https support
to the HST, such that the HST automatically creates the links as fully
qualified if the scheme of the created url is different then the
scheme of the current request