EasyForm ideas

Jasper Floor
So the discussion has already been started and I put my foot in it, so
now I have to put my money where my mouth is...

Without making any promises about time, scope, depth, cost or anything
else I was wondering what people thought about EasyForms.

Improvements which I think can be made:

- Multi Step forms
- A simpler way of making custom fields
- Dynamic field properties

Of course many people on this list have been working with Hippo and
EasyForms longer than I have so I am very interested in what feedback
there is about EasyForms. Also, I have not been at Hippo very long so
don't assume I am aware of feedback you already have given.

Re: EasyForm ideas

Jasper Floor
On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Jasper Floor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So the discussion has already been started and I put my foot in it, so
> now I have to put my money where my mouth is...
>
> Without making any promises about time, scope, depth, cost or anything
> else I was wondering what people thought about EasyForms.
>
> Improvements which I think can be made:
>
> - Multi Step forms
> - A simpler way of making custom fields
> - Dynamic field properties

default values for form content (ie, which radio is selected or date
or some text in a field)

Re: EasyForm ideas

Gerrit Berkouwer
This post was updated on .
Great! Here are some more ideas (I have no actual experiences with the current EasyForms plugin...):

- Forms2email, e-mail configurable, multiple addresses possible

- Standard form fields
Everybody uses the same form fields. It would be ideal to make form fields out-of-the-box, with for each field:
1. standard server side validation rules
2. standard 'contingency design': design for when things go wrong. E.g. the error messaging and the  instructive texts
3. standard javascript validation rules on top of the server side validation
4. standard ways to counter-act sql-injections and other security measures
5. standard anti-spambot solutions when sending forms (e.g. a hidden field and restrictions on number of clicks on 'send' per minute)
6. configurable field properties (offcourse)
7. all compliant to the dutch Webguidelines v2.

Re: EasyForm ideas

Jasper,

I do not know how the current plugin works, functionally. But I have some ideas about how it could work from within the CMS UI.

I would prefer to see the 'Forms' as an item in the Content Blocks plugin. The Content Blocks plugin should be configurable per item: the Forms item in the Content Blocks plugin should only be available for Admins. You do not want 'normal' authors or editors inserting forms here and everywhere across a website...

So the EasyForms plugin should act like a Wizard, available only to Admins. There are lots of form tools examples online. The 'wizard' should result in forms (across multiple pages) that can be picked and included on another page via the Content Blocks plugin.

Or is this already how the plugin works at the moment?