Edge Side Includes support

srancano
Hello.
I have been trying the Hippo support for Edge Side Includes (version 7.8.4). I am very curious whether it is possible to use ESI in combination with targetting, thus ESI-including some components whose rendering depends on the user. So I have two questions:
  1- The ESI processor is able to process some ESI fragments: the esi:include and esi:vars tags and ESI comments(this is all, right?)
     Is the ESI processor able to process variables, like $(HTTP_USER_AGENT{version}), or $(HTTP_COOKIE{cookie_name})?
  2- The HST inserts <esi:include> tags when a component is marked as 'esi'. The ESI processor will process it.
        Since it would be handy to be able to include an ESI-dcomponent with, for example, user info, or brwoser info,
     I have written self an <esi:include> in a JSP. But it wasn't processed. Did I miss something, or does Hippo not have support for self-written ESI?

Thnks,
Eduardo Suarez