Edit page using template composer

hyc

Edit page using template composer

hyc
Hi,

I've developed a user registration page using site toolkit which takes some information and posts to another page which is the confirmation page. On that confirmation page I've given control to add images/text etc to the customer and new offers etc. So basically some content that can be changed on the fly. Banners/text etc. My registration page is /register and confirmation is /register/confirm etc. But when I go to /manager/edit to template composer to edit the confirmation page I can't see that unless I register a user on my website which causes the form to post and confirmation page is then displayed. The only workaround I can think of is to have a hidden menu or something on my website, clicking on that will take the editor to the confirmation page so that he can edit the page. Is there any other way of achieving the same?

Thank you.

Re: Edit page using template composer

Frank van Lankvelt
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 10:11 AM, hyc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've developed a user registration page using site toolkit which takes some
> information and posts to another page which is the confirmation page. On
> that confirmation page I've given control to add images/text etc to the
> customer and new offers etc. So basically some content that can be changed
> on the fly. Banners/text etc. My registration page is /register and
> confirmation is /register/confirm etc. But when I go to /manager/edit to
> template composer to edit the confirmation page I can't see that unless I
> register a user on my website which causes the form to post and confirmation
> page is then displayed. The only workaround I can think of is to have a
> hidden menu or something on my website, clicking on that will take the
> editor to the confirmation page so that he can edit the page. Is there any
> other way of achieving the same?

I'm afraid that at the moment there are no better methods available,
to the best of my knowledge.

Such functionality would require (something like) being able to
navigate the sitemap in the template composer.  We've briefly
discussed such a thing (offline) for the upcoming 7.7 release.  It
does become quite tricky quite quickly when taking the * matching into
account.  (what content path to use; should the content tree be
embedded in the sitemap tree; etcetera)

So for now (Hippo CMS 7.7) we've left the HST configuration editor in
there, in control of the sitemap and sitemenus.  Hopefully we can
better integrate it's functionality into the template composer in the
future.

cheers, Frank

> Thank you.

Re: Edit page using template composer

Ard
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Frank van Lankvelt
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 10:11 AM, hyc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've developed a user registration page using site toolkit which takes some
>> information and posts to another page which is the confirmation page. On
>> that confirmation page I've given control to add images/text etc to the
>> customer and new offers etc. So basically some content that can be changed
>> on the fly. Banners/text etc. My registration page is /register and
>> confirmation is /register/confirm etc. But when I go to /manager/edit to
>> template composer to edit the confirmation page I can't see that unless I
>> register a user on my website which causes the form to post and confirmation
>> page is then displayed. The only workaround I can think of is to have a
>> hidden menu or something on my website, clicking on that will take the
>> editor to the confirmation page so that he can edit the page. Is there any
>> other way of achieving the same?
>>
> I'm afraid that at the moment there are no better methods available,
> to the best of my knowledge.
>
> Such functionality would require (something like) being able to
> navigate the sitemap in the template composer.  We've briefly
> discussed such a thing (offline) for the upcoming 7.7 release.  It
> does become quite tricky quite quickly when taking the * matching into
> account.  (what content path to use; should the content tree be
> embedded in the sitemap tree; etcetera)
>
> So for now (Hippo CMS 7.7) we've left the HST configuration editor in
> there, in control of the sitemap and sitemenus.  Hopefully we can
> better integrate it's functionality into the template composer in the
> future.

This is indeed a tough use-case. We should think it over at some later
point again. I was pretty much against 'sitemap' browsing. However,
something else than just site browsing needs to be in place to handle
this kind of use cases

Regards Ard