Error when trying to edit the document in Hippo CMS

Error when trying to edit the document in Hippo CMS

EveOnline
For some time now, the CMS is giving us the error below, whenever we try to edit a document in the CMS.
This issue started after we did a redeploment of the site.war on our server. This issue is blocking our development. The following steps have been taken already to solve this problem:
1. redeploy site.war
2. clean database (MySQL Database/Linux Server) (drop all tables)
3. redeploy site.war + cms.war
4. redeploy site.war + cms.war + clean database
5. redeploy cms.war
After every action described above we have restarted the server.
We have checked the configuration, but this hasn't changed since we deployed the project to the server.
We checked the database settings (max_packet_allowed=16M).

Has anyone encountered the same problem? Help is appriciated.

06.08.2012 16:42:54 ERROR [org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.logRuntimeException():1531] Error attaching this container for rendering: [MarkupContainer [Component id = editor]]
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Error attaching this container for rendering: [MarkupContainer [Component id = editor]]
	at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1789)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.onBeforeRender(Component.java:4004)
	at org.hippoecm.frontend.service.render.AbstractRenderService.onBeforeRender(AbstractRenderService.java:501)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
	at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1777)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.onBeforeRender(Component.java:4004)
	at org.hippoecm.frontend.service.render.AbstractRenderService.onBeforeRender(AbstractRenderService.java:501)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
	at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1777)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.onBeforeRender(Component.java:4004)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.prepareForRender(Component.java:2295)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.prepareForRender(Component.java:2332)
	at org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxRequestTarget.respondComponent(AjaxRequestTarget.java:853)
	at org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxRequestTarget.respondComponents(AjaxRequestTarget.java:680)
	at org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxRequestTarget.respond(AjaxRequestTarget.java:590)
	at org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.respond(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:105)
	at org.hippoecm.frontend.PluginRequestCycleProcessor.respond(PluginRequestCycleProcessor.java:134)
	at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:1260)
	at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1331)
	at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1438)
	at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:546)
	at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:486)
	at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:319)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.hippoecm.frontend.ResourceRewriteFilter.doFilter(ResourceRewriteFilter.java:129)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.hippoecm.frontend.plugins.login.ConcurrentLoginFilter.doFilter(ConcurrentLoginFilter.java:56)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
	at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)
	at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)
	at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:776)
	at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:705)
	at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:898)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Caused by: Status : 406
Headers :
Date : Mon, 06 Aug 2012 13:42:54 GMT
Server : Apache-Coyote/1.1
Cache-Control : no-cache
Pragma : no-cache

	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.ClientProxyImpl.checkResponse(ClientProxyImpl.java:233)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.ClientProxyImpl.handleResponse(ClientProxyImpl.java:453)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.ClientProxyImpl.doChainedInvocation(ClientProxyImpl.java:445)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.ClientProxyImpl.invoke(ClientProxyImpl.java:177)
	at $Proxy59.getUrl(Unknown Source)
	at org.onehippo.cms7.channelmanager.service.ChannelDocumentUrlService.getUrl(ChannelDocumentUrlService.java:90)
	at org.hippoecm.frontend.plugins.social.SocialSharingPlugin.onModelChanged(SocialSharingPlugin.java:89)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.modelChanged(Component.java:2255)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.setDefaultModel(Component.java:3092)
	at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.setDefaultModel(MarkupContainer.java:794)
	at org.hippoecm.frontend.service.render.AbstractRenderService.updateModel(AbstractRenderService.java:287)
	at org.hippoecm.frontend.service.render.AbstractRenderService.setDefaultModel(AbstractRenderService.java:278)
	at org.hippoecm.addon.workflow.AbstractWorkflowPlugin.buildMenu(AbstractWorkflowPlugin.java:156)
	at org.hippoecm.addon.workflow.WorkflowsPlugin.onBeforeRender(WorkflowsPlugin.java:120)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
	at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1777)
	... 47 more

Re: Error when trying to edit the document in Hippo CMS

see my comments inline.

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 4:03 PM, EveOnline <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For some time now, the CMS is giving us the error below, whenever we try to
> edit a document in the CMS.
> This issue started after we did a redeploment of the site.war on our server.
> This issue is blocking our development. The following steps have been taken
> already to solve this problem:
> 1. redeploy site.war
> 2. clean database (MySQL Database/Linux Server) (drop all tables)
> 3. redeploy site.war + cms.war
> 4. redeploy site.war + cms.war + clean database
> 5. redeploy cms.war
> After every action described above we have restarted the server.
> We have checked the configuration, but this hasn't changed since we deployed
> the project to the server.
> We checked the database settings (max_packet_allowed=16M).
>
> Has anyone encountered the same problem? Help is appriciated.

Looking at the stacktrace it seems that you have a problem with the
channelmanager.

See if https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Channel+Manager+troubleshooting
gets you going.

Does it work locally?

Re: Error when trying to edit the document in Hippo CMS

EveOnline
On the localhost everything works, without errors. Only after we upload the project to the server we get errors.

We can access the /site + /cms without errors, we can also edit the Channelmanager and add files.
But the cms breaks when pressing the publish button and/or edit button. The CMS just freezes after refresh I can see that the document has been published.

I will look into the Channel Manager, we have already checked this before but can't hurt to check again.
Thanks :-)

Re: Error when trying to edit the document in Hippo CMS

EveOnline
Ok so we have found out that the problem is being caused by a webservice call.
which is causing the status 406.
Somehow the webservice is creating a session, that breaking the repository.

The problem I don't get is how the site.war can stop the cms.war from working?

Re: Error when trying to edit the document in Hippo CMS

Mathijs den Burger
On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM, EveOnline <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok so we have found out that the problem is being caused by a webservice
> call.
> which is causing the status 406.
> Somehow the webservice is creating a session, that breaking the repository.

The repository and site should be fine, its the CMS that is not rendered.

> The problem I don't get is how the site.war can stop the cms.war from
> working?

Some components in the CMS get data from the HST via a REST call. By
default this call is done to 'http://127.0.0.1:8080/site/_cmsrest'.
Can the CMS webapp access that URL? For example, if you run Tomcat on
another port than 8080, you have to change the configured URL. The
page  https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/View+a+document+in+a+channel
explains how.

hope this helps,
Mathijs

Re: Error when trying to edit the document in Hippo CMS

EveOnline
Ok so we fixed the problem it had nothing to do with the channels.
But with the configuration on the web service in the hst-cms-rest.xml

we had the following code
  <property name="additionalQueryString">
       <value>_type=json</value>
  </property>

All we had to do to fix the problem is remove the "_type=json" and it works

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM, EveOnline <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok so we fixed the problem it had nothing to do with the channels.

Good to hear you got it working!

best,
-Mathijs