Error while running maven in cmd

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error while running maven in cmd

Megha Agarwal
This post was updated on .
I am facing some issues while running maven in cmd.
Here is the snapshot:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Tomcat 6.x starting...
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports initialized, jvmtiError=AGENT_ERROR_TRA
NSPORT_INIT(197)
[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Permission denied
[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)
[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized [../../../
src/share/back/debugInit.c:690]


Please let me know what is causing this and how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Megha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error while running maven in cmd

Unico Hommes
You will see this when the default debug port 8000, that is opened
when cargo starts is already in use. Either close the other
application that has that port in use or specify the system property
cargo.debug.port on the command line:

mvn -P cargo.run -Dcargo.debug.port=5005

--
Unico

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Megha Agarwal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am facing some issues while running maven in cmd.
> Here is the snapshot:
>
> [INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Tomcat 6.x starting...
> [INFO] [talledLocalContainer] FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No
> transports initialized, jvmtiError=AGENT_ERROR_TRA
> NSPORT_INIT(197)
> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed:
> Permission denied
> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to
> initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)
> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] JDWP exit error
> AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized [../../../
> src/share/back/debugInit.c:690]
>
>
> Please let me know what is causing this and how to resolve this?
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Error-while-running-maven-in-cmd-tp7579825.html
> Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error while running maven in cmd

Megha Agarwal
I have tried the command but it's still givng the same error.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error while running maven in cmd

Unico Hommes
Sorry about that, it seems to be permission problem. What kind of
machine are you one? It looks like you don't have permission to open
those ports.

--
Unico

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Megha Agarwal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have tried the command but it's still givng the same error.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Error-while-running-maven-in-cmd-tp7579825p7579836.html
> Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error while running maven in cmd

Mathijs den Burger
Or some other process is using the same ports as Hippo CMS does. Do you perhaps still have another instance of Hippo running locally? 

Depending on your operating system there are various way to figure out which listening ports are being used by which program:

- Linux: sudo netstat -lpn
- Mac: sudo lsof -i -P   [1]
- Windows: netstat -an | find /i "listening"   [2]

For local development, Hippo uses ports 8080 (for Tomcat) and 8000 (for debugging, which can be changed as Unico explained)

best,
Mathijs






On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Unico Hommes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry about that, it seems to be permission problem. What kind of
machine are you one? It looks like you don't have permission to open
those ports.

--
Unico

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Megha Agarwal <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have tried the command but it's still givng the same error.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Error-while-running-maven-in-cmd-tp7579825p7579836.html
> Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html


_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error while running maven in cmd

Megha Agarwal
In reply to this post by Unico Hommes
I am using Windows 7.
Please help me as to how I can open ports.
Ard
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error while running maven in cmd

Ard
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Megha Agarwal <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am using Windows 7.
> Please help me as to how I can open ports.

For windows...back in the day... a reboot always helped me out :)

For the rest I think it is out of scope for this list about how to
close some ports on windows. The reboot always seemed to help me in
the past because windows would at random open other ports after a
reboot

Regards Ard

>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Error-while-running-maven-in-cmd-tp7579825p7579848.html
> Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html



--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error while running maven in cmd

Wouter Danes-2
Under windows, somehow sometimes it doesn't properly close the tomcat.
So either reboot or kill the tomcat process with task manager.
Or use a decent OS for development. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Ard Schrijvers
Sent: vrijdag 30 november 2012 11:57
To: Hippo CMS 7 implementation list
Cc: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Hippo-cms7-user] Error while running maven in cmd

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Megha Agarwal <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am using Windows 7.
> Please help me as to how I can open ports.

For windows...back in the day... a reboot always helped me out :)

For the rest I think it is out of scope for this list about how to close some ports on windows. The reboot always seemed to help me in the past because windows would at random open other ports after a reboot

Regards Ard

>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Error-while-running-maven-in-cmd-tp
> 7579825p7579848.html Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at
> Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html



--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error while running maven in cmd

Jasper Floor
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Wouter Danes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Under windows, somehow sometimes it doesn't properly close the tomcat.
So either reboot or kill the tomcat process with task manager.
Or use a decent OS for development. :)


Tomcat does not always close properly in Linux either, so Linux is also not a decent OS.

If the ports are closed rather than in use you need to look in your firewall configuration. I don't have a windows machine in front of me right now so I can't get much more detailed than that but you should be able to reach it via the control center. Then there something like a security manager where you can access the firewall and av programs. Your AV program may also have taken this over from windows.

mvg,
Jasper
 
-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Ard Schrijvers
Sent: vrijdag 30 november 2012 11:57
To: Hippo CMS 7 implementation list
Cc: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Hippo-cms7-user] Error while running maven in cmd

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Megha Agarwal <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am using Windows 7.
> Please help me as to how I can open ports.

For windows...back in the day... a reboot always helped me out :)

For the rest I think it is out of scope for this list about how to close some ports on windows. The reboot always seemed to help me in the past because windows would at random open other ports after a reboot

Regards Ard

>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Error-while-running-maven-in-cmd-tp
> 7579825p7579848.html Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at
> Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html



--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US <a href="tel:%2B1%20877%20414%204776" value="+18774144776">+1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe <a href="tel:%2B31%280%2920%20522%204466" value="+31205224466">+31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html


_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
Ard
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error while running maven in cmd

Ard
On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Jasper Floor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Wouter Danes <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Under windows, somehow sometimes it doesn't properly close the tomcat.
>> So either reboot or kill the tomcat process with task manager.
>> Or use a decent OS for development. :)
>>
>
> Tomcat does not always close properly in Linux either, so Linux is also not
> a decent OS.
>
> If the ports are closed rather than in use you need to look in your firewall
> configuration. I don't have a windows machine in front of me right now so I
> can't get much more detailed than that but you should be able to reach it
> via the control center. Then there something like a security manager where
> you can access the firewall and av programs. Your AV program may also have
> taken this over from windows.

Skype on windows also seems to like to pick 1099, the rmi port.
Perhaps he has skype running

Regards Ard

>
> mvg,
> Jasper
>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: [hidden email]
>> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Ard
>> Schrijvers
>> Sent: vrijdag 30 november 2012 11:57
>> To: Hippo CMS 7 implementation list
>> Cc: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [Hippo-cms7-user] Error while running maven in cmd
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Megha Agarwal <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > I am using Windows 7.
>> > Please help me as to how I can open ports.
>>
>> For windows...back in the day... a reboot always helped me out :)
>>
>> For the rest I think it is out of scope for this list about how to close
>> some ports on windows. The reboot always seemed to help me in the past
>> because windows would at random open other ports after a reboot
>>
>> Regards Ard
>>
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > View this message in context:
>> > http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Error-while-running-maven-in-cmd-tp
>> > 7579825p7579848.html Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at
>> > Nabble.com.
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
>> > http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam Boston - 1 Broadway,
>> Cambridge, MA 02142
>>
>> US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
>> Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
>> www.onehippo.com
>> _______________________________________________
>> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
>> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
>> _______________________________________________
>> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
>> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html



--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html