Facet updation

ramandeep0015
Hi

i have created some valuelists and included them in my compound document ,And i have implemented hippo facets

Problem: when i delete some key values from valuelist. it doesnt update the facets
Is there any way to update the facets

Thanks
Ramandeep SIngh

Re: Facet updation

Frank van Lankvelt

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM, ramandeep0015 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

i have created some valuelists and included them in my compound document
,And i have implemented hippo facets

could you try to explain your problem using a bit more precise terms?
I cannot understand what you have done from this description.

thanks, Frank

Problem: when i delete some key values from valuelist. it doesnt update the
facets
Is there any way to update the facets

Thanks
Ramandeep SIngh

Re: Facet updation

ramandeep0015
Hi Frank

I mean i have one value list say Regions having key and value pair
example
key            Value
Usa            Usa
Canada      Canada

I have created one document type person containing that valuelist, Now i created one document of Person type with selecting the value Canada and then publish the document

now my facet will count 1 for canada

In future i remove the canada from valuelist, Facet count is not updating how can i update count for canada to 0 again

Thanks
Ramandeep Singh

Re: Facet updation

Wouter Danes-2
If you remove the item from the value list, your documents still have that
key in the property.
So you either need to do content migration or write some code that update
the documents that have that value selected when you remove values from
your value list.

Op 15-11-12 13:14 schreef ramandeep0015 <[hidden email]>:

>Hi Frank
>
>I mean i have one value list say Regions having key and value pair
>example
>key            Value
>Usa            Usa
>Canada      Canada
>
>I have created one document type person containing that valuelist, Now i
>created one document of Person type with selecting the value Canada and
>then
>publish the document
>
>now my facet will count 1 for canada
>
>In future i remove the canada from valuelist, Facet count is not updating
>how can i update count for canada to 0 again
>
>Thanks
>Ramandeep Singh

Re: Facet updation

ramandeep0015
Hi Wouter

Ok if i remove that properties from Documents, Will that update the Facet?
 But i think it removes the properties if i remove the key value from value list

Thanks
Ramandeep Singh

Re: Facet updation

Frank van Lankvelt

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM, ramandeep0015 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Wouter

Ok if i remove that properties from Documents, Will that update the Facet?
 But i think it removes the properties if i remove the key value from value
list

nope, properties on documents are still there.  You will just not see the value in the editor in the cms.

Like wouter says, you'll have to run over your content and remove the value from the document (using a jcr-runner, an updater module, or manually).

Ramandeep Singh

Re: Facet updation

ramandeep0015
Hi Frank

Thanks for reply,

I just want to confirm if a remove the property from console as well, Will that effect facets automatically?

Thanks
Ramandeep Singh

Re: Facet updation

Bert Leunis
I just want to confirm if a remove the property from console as well, Will
> that effect facets automatically

If the property is removed from the document (using cms or console) the document will disappear from the selection for that facet. Please note that in the current version (7.7.7. and older) you may expect a 5 minute delay between changing the document and an update of the virtual tree. In the next version that behavior will change, see [1]

Bert Leunis

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 3:59 PM, ramandeep0015 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Frank

Thanks for reply,

I just want to confirm if a remove the property from console as well, Will
that effect facets automatically?

Thanks
Ramandeep Singh

Re: Facet updation

You might want to think about creating a JCR event listener that
listens to documents of the valuelist type. If they change and a
valuelist is removed you can query the documents containing this
value. Keep in mind though that if this key is used in many documents
it could take some time before they are all gone and might impact the
performance of your system.