Fast scalable date range support out of the box

Fast scalable date range support out of the box

we have added fast date range support to the 7.8 and 7.7 (backported
and available in the 7.7.9). For the 7.7.x range, by default, the HST
does not use the new FAST date range queries. You can easily switch
this on through hst-config.properties :

default.query.date.range.resolution = day

For the 7.8.x range, by default, resolution of date range queries is
'day', which means fast date range queries.

Repository in the 7.7.x range that upgrade to upcoming 7.7.9 need to re-index.

I'll write a blog with exact performance figures but in a nutshell:

Date range queries are from now on *fast*, *scalable* and *little
memory needed*. Depending on your exact use case you can opt for
different resolutions year, month, day and hour.

A detailed documentation can be found at [1] and [2].

Regards Ard

[1] http://www.onehippo.org/7_8/library/concepts/search/fast-date-range-searches-with-hippo-repository.html
[2] http://www.onehippo.org/7_8/library/concepts/search/out-of-the-box-fast-date-range-query-support-from-hst.html

Re: Fast scalable date range support out of the box

Nice going Ard! I really like the fact you were able to add default
support in the HST for this specific problem!

+100 !

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 5:27 PM, Ard Schrijvers
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we have added fast date range support to the 7.8 and 7.7 (backported
> and available in the 7.7.9). For the 7.7.x range, by default, the HST
> does not use the new FAST date range queries. You can easily switch
> this on through hst-config.properties :
>
> default.query.date.range.resolution = day
>
> For the 7.8.x range, by default, resolution of date range queries is
> 'day', which means fast date range queries.
>
> Repository in the 7.7.x range that upgrade to upcoming 7.7.9 need to re-index.
>
> I'll write a blog with exact performance figures but in a nutshell:

Cool! When you've published your blogpost I will put a reference on my old post.

http://blog.jeroenreijn.com/2011/12/make-date-range-queries-in-jackrabbit.html