Forums and mailinglists

We now have online forums!

To allow Hippo CMS 7 newcomers to quickly post questions and search our archives, I've added the Nabble Forum frontend to our CMS 7 mailinglist.

The mailinglist will stay in place, and Nabble proxies between messages on the forum and messages on the list. When someone posts a question on the forum, it will be send out to everyone on the mailinglist. When someone on the mailinglist responds, Nabble will add this message to the corresponding thread on the forum as well. And it works the other way around as well.

Benefits are:

For users:
- No need to subscribe to the mailinglist anymore. You can now use the forums for browsing and searching topics. The UI of the forums is much more user friendly than the raw Mailman archives. :)
- You can now subscribe to RSS feeds of the CMS 7 forums if you want to be kept up-to-date!
- Use the subforums to post questions, like "Getting Started" or "Feature Request"

For developers:
- Use the mailinglist as your used to - nothing really changes :)
- Decide whether you really need all the email updates. If you don't, simply unsubscribe and switch to the Forums web interface.

Visit the Hippo CMS 7 public forums at:

http://n2.nabble.com/Hippo-CMS-7-Forums-f2274273.html

In a few days, the forums will be available under Community Support on our website as well (http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/community.html).

I hope this helps!

-- Arjé

Re: Forums and mailinglists

I just did it myself and it seemed to work? Did your code match the
captcha image? ;-)

Jeroen

Gerrit Berkouwer wrote:

> Oops, sorry, but can't register: *The validation code did not match the
> picture.*
>
> 2009/2/5 arjecahn <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>

>     Hi all,
>
>     We now have online forums!
>
>     To allow Hippo CMS 7 newcomers to quickly post questions and search our
>     archives, I've added the Nabble Forum frontend to our CMS 7 mailinglist.
>
>     The mailinglist will stay in place, and Nabble proxies between
>     messages on
>     the forum and messages on the list. When someone posts a question on the
>     forum, it will be send out to everyone on the mailinglist. When
>     someone on
>     the mailinglist responds, Nabble will add this message to the
>     corresponding
>     thread on the forum as well. And it works the other way around as well.
>
>     Benefits are:
>
>     For users:
>     - No need to subscribe to the mailinglist anymore. You can now use the
>     forums for browsing and searching topics. The UI of the forums is
>     much more
>     user friendly than the raw Mailman archives. :)
>     - You can now subscribe to RSS feeds of the CMS 7 forums if you want
>     to be
>     kept up-to-date!
>     - Use the subforums to post questions, like "Getting Started" or
>     "Feature
>     Request"
>
>     For developers:
>     - Use the mailinglist as your used to - nothing really changes :)
>     - Decide whether you really need all the email updates. If you
>     don't, simply
>     unsubscribe and switch to the Forums web interface.
>
>     Visit the Hippo CMS 7 public forums at:
>
>     http://n2.nabble.com/Hippo-CMS-7-Forums-f2274273.html
>
>     In a few days, the forums will be available under Community Support
>     on our
>     website as well (http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/community.html).
>
>     I hope this helps!
>
>     -- Arjé

Re: [Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Forums and mailinglists

> In FF3 a no-go, in IE a go.....sigh :-)... i hate these go-nogo
> decisions....;-)

... :-/
Anyway, good to have you here, nice picture :)

- Arje

RE: [Hippo-cms7-user BETA] Forums and mailinglists

Jasha Joachimsthal
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.