Google map plugin

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Google map plugin

Siarhei Dudzin
Hi All,

I know there were some attempts to create a google maps plugin for Hippo CMS before with various success... This is another attempt - so I've created a google maps plugin for the CMS. It's 7.6 compatible and makes use of relaxed node types. I've posted the result on github: https://github.com/sdudzin/hippo-gmaps

So you're welcome to try (or fork ) it!

I've also put some info on how to use it in my blog: http://sdudzin.blogspot.com/2011/07/geo-location-based-content-intro.html

I tried to make it as user-friendly as possible (which was my goal since I need to geo-tag thousands of documents), so I hope it will be useful to other people as well!

Regards,
Siarhei Dudzin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Google map plugin

Bas van Leeuwen
Hi Siarhei,

Can I just say that this looks absolutely awesome :-)

The user interface shown in your blogpost [1] looks like something
that anyone can use as example of how somthing like this should be
done.

Cheers,
Bas

[1] http://sdudzin.blogspot.com/2011/07/geo-location-based-content-content.html


[hidden email] - Hippo
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT  Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com



On 19 August 2011 12:01, Siarhei Dudzin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I know there were some attempts to create a google maps plugin for Hippo CMS
> before with various success... This is another attempt - so I've created a
> google maps plugin for the CMS. It's 7.6 compatible and makes use of relaxed
> node types. I've posted the result on github:
> https://github.com/sdudzin/hippo-gmaps
>
> So you're welcome to try (or fork ) it!
>
> I've also put some info on how to use it in my blog:
> http://sdudzin.blogspot.com/2011/07/geo-location-based-content-intro.html
>
> I tried to make it as user-friendly as possible (which was my goal since I
> need to geo-tag thousands of documents), so I hope it will be useful to
> other people as well!
>
> Regards,
> Siarhei Dudzin
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Google-map-plugin-tp6702569p6702569.html
> Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
>
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
Ard
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Google map plugin

Ard
On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Bas van Leeuwen
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Siarhei,
>
> Can I just say that this looks absolutely awesome :-)
>
> The user interface shown in your blogpost [1] looks like something
> that anyone can use as example of how somthing like this should be
> done.

Indeed, very nice job Siarhei!

>
> Cheers,
> Bas
>
> [1] http://sdudzin.blogspot.com/2011/07/geo-location-based-content-content.html
>
>
> [hidden email] - Hippo
> Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT  Amsterdam
> Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142
>
> US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
> Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
> www.onehippo.com
>
>
>
> On 19 August 2011 12:01, Siarhei Dudzin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I know there were some attempts to create a google maps plugin for Hippo CMS
>> before with various success... This is another attempt - so I've created a
>> google maps plugin for the CMS. It's 7.6 compatible and makes use of relaxed
>> node types. I've posted the result on github:
>> https://github.com/sdudzin/hippo-gmaps
>>
>> So you're welcome to try (or fork ) it!
>>
>> I've also put some info on how to use it in my blog:
>> http://sdudzin.blogspot.com/2011/07/geo-location-based-content-intro.html
>>
>> I tried to make it as user-friendly as possible (which was my goal since I
>> need to geo-tag thousands of documents), so I hope it will be useful to
>> other people as well!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Siarhei Dudzin
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context: http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Google-map-plugin-tp6702569p6702569.html
>> Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>> _______________________________________________
>> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
>> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
>



--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html