Hippo 7.6 and databases...

M Nair
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Hippo 7.6 and databases...

Mathijs Brand
Not sure if you already know this, but at the core of Hippo repository
is the JackRabbit repository, which in turn has various
implementations [1] of storage for content (nodes and properties).

The question you ask was asked on the jackrabbit mailinglist a while
ago [2] for couchdb and mongodb. According to the answer, the
implementation shouldn't be that hard, but nobody saw a reason to do
it yet.

1: http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.1/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/persistence/PersistenceManager.html
2: http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/mongodb-or-couchdb-td3050871.html

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 5:14 PM, M Nair <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I know Hippo supports SQL databases and the in-build Derby follows SQL
> standards,, I am wondering if Hippo supports non SQL databases like NoSQL etc..
> Just wanted to verify as this question came up..

Re: Hippo 7.6 and databases...

M Nair
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Hippo 7.6 and databases...

Frank van Lankvelt
there has been work on running Hippo on an in memory data grid; I've
witnessed this presentation:
http://vimeo.com/channels/hippogettogether#15119704
Not quite what you're looking for, I realize, but they seem to have
implemented this without too much trouble.

There were some problems distributing the index, IIRC, but I'm not
sure that's the right approach anyway.  Probably better to leave that
to a distributed search engine anyway.  (e.g. solr or elastic search)

cheers, Frank