Hippo CMS 7 M11 (v2.04.00) Release Notes

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hippo CMS 7 M11 (v2.04.00) Release Notes

Arje Cahn
Administrator
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
The Hippo team is happy with the release of its latest milestone of Hippo CMS 7, M11!
Code is available at: http://svn.onehippo.org/repos/hippo/hippo-ecm/tags/Tag-HREPTWO-v2_04_00/

****** Alpha status ******

This is an Alpha release of the upcoming General Availability release v7.1, which is scheduled for M13 (beginning of April).

This milestone has focused on performing several upgrades of the internals such that we are able to separate deployment of CMS and Repository, have multiple users work in the same tree and observe each others changes on the fly, improve testing capability, etcetera.

There have been a number of new functionalities and bug fixes, but we advice to use the previously released milestone 10 for new applications until M13 has been released. Milestone 11 should be considered a functional, but nevertheless preview version of the next official Hippo ECM 7.1.  It provides a guideline and platform as a basis to develop future applications and plug-ins and preview and usability of new functionalities.

What has been done?

- CMS (and console) now observed for changes made by other users (Observation);
- Performance when running CMS and repository as separate instances (SPI layer);
- Initial integration testing (Selenium based smoke tests);
- Upgrade to JackRabbit 1.5;
- Generation of split facets for year, month, etcetera for dates;
- Many bug fixes.

We hope you give milestone 11 a try and appreciate any feedback.

The full list of issues covered:

-------------------------------
Issues resolved in this milestone
-------------------------------

Keys refer to Jira issues on http://issues.hippo.nl/browse/HREPTWO

HREPTWO-155  RMI proxy tool to monitor remote method invocations, similiar to tcpmon
HREPTWO-473  Update from other users (or workflow) should trigger an update in CMS.
HREPTWO-601  Facets for year, month, weeknr, day
HREPTWO-1318 When plugins created on the fly, get their correct model set through ModelService
HREPTWO-1369 Simplified cluster controls
HREPTWO-1411 Integration tests
HREPTWO-1412 Stable wicket ids for selenium hooks
HREPTWO-1648 Observations of other sessions making changes
HREPTWO-1673 Cache should be disabled when Application in development mode
HREPTWO-1723 Dragdrop in IE7 doesn't work for dragging documents or files
HREPTWO-1747 Xinha's autoresizer plugin should fit the textarea
HREPTWO-1838 Use SPI layer of JackRabbit functional
HREPTWO-1859 Unexpected clearance of foldercontent list after adding of subfolder
HREPTWO-1860 Tree view in Hippo CMS is not updated after creating new subfolder, while folders are closed.
HREPTWO-1872 In CMS it is not possible to add a file through the dropdown, only folder for files.
HREPTWO-1958 Repair usage of uuid before save in unit tests
HREPTWO-1963 Tweaked prefetch depth by SPI layer
HREPTWO-1964 Improved weak unit test depending on sequence of decorating layers
HREPTWO-1966 Upgrade to jackrabbit 1.5
HREPTWO-2012 Creating document with query results in error in template plugin that contains query
HREPTWO-2017 A hippostd:folder without hippostd:foldertype caused error
HREPTWO-2027 Set default heap and stack size for quickstart bin
HREPTWO-2045 Editing plugins show "edit" mode in preview
HREPTWO-2047 History on Dashboard showed "[Warning: String resource for createType not found]"
HREPTWO-2057 Setup Selenium based smoketesting
HREPTWO-2058 Improve user management UI
HREPTWO-2098 Versioning store code duplication removed
HREPTWO-2102 Creating a document type with a hippo:resource component no longer fails
HREPTWO-2112 Calendar in schedule publication of document by contributor no longer fails
HREPTWO-2115 Ghosted todo items when request for deletion of non-existing documents
HREPTWO-2140 Improved CMS-search behavior by constructing a more efficient query
HREPTWO-2147 Documents listing doesn't show correct page
HREPTWO-2154 Delete image confirmation dialog
HREPTWO-2158 Gallery should immediately show newly uploaded image
HREPTWO-2163 Cannot create external links in xinha field fixed
HREPTWO-2175 Not all content items can be selected in the image, document and asset picker
HREPTWO-2176 Group membership lookup on login is not case insensitive when the backend is case insensitive
HREPTWO-2177 Forward port issue Internal link error while trying to create an external link
HREPTWO-2179 ItemNotFoundException when editing document with picture in HTML field
HREPTWO-2182 No draft version of nodetype template visible in session that calls workflow
HREPTWO-2183 Admin password cannot be set from within cms
HREPTWO-2184 Removal of unused templates from hippo namespace
HREPTWO-2185 Set sort fixed on node name permissions panel and group and users panel
HREPTWO-2188 Add delete group option
HREPTWO-2189 External group memberships are not correctly displayed in set memberships panel
HREPTWO-2190 Split edit group and set members
HREPTWO-2192 Smalller console issues fixed
HREPTWO-2193 Members list does not refresh in group view after editing members
HREPTWO-2199 Multiple HippoAutocomplete behaviours on one page creates confusion in callbacks
HREPTWO-2205 Login plugin should be repository configured plugin
HREPTWO-2208 Clicking the current document tab shouldn't jump to edit mode
HREPTWO-2209 Internal link picker should have different list sizes for thumbnailview or listviews
HREPTWO-2211 Template editor does not show extra width and height properties
HREPTWO-2212 Improved paging by showing less pages
HREPTWO-2215 Build problem reported regarding use of junit
HREPTWO-2216 Logging in as editor generates stack trace in console from htmlcleaner
HREPTWO-2217 Previewing a big article should show scollbar
HREPTWO-2220 Search throws errors on non-escaped characters fixed
HREPTWO-2221 JcrNodeModel should return Node, not HippoNode
HREPTWO-2222 Cannot remove link or image from Xinha pickers
HREPTWO-2223 HTMLCleaner strips of anchor tags
HREPTWO-2225 Internal link in Xinha field does not get correctly url encoded
HREPTWO-2226 Removal of duplicate dependencies
HREPTWO-2232 Running the eclipse create links tool twice on linux no longer fails
HREPTWO-2239 Plugin config does not need to be detachable
HREPTWO-2240 Allow sub-classes of the FileContent or FolderContent object to access the import base location
HREPTWO-2244 List of templates is shown below template
HREPTWO-2246 Using a double or long field in the template editor causes a ClassCastException saving document
HREPTWO-2247 Add the abbility to add long and double types in the template editor
HREPTWO-2249 Memory leak when accessing the login page in a ping alive frequently fixed
HREPTWO-2250 Editors and authors can no longer preview or edit documents
HREPTWO-2253 User management styling implemented in 2.03 is missing in trunk
HREPTWO-2256 Refresh in admin perspective doesn't work properly
HREPTWO-2257 Failing unit tests PhysicalExportSystemViewTest
HREPTWO-2258 Sometimes, a new document is not opened in editor
HREPTWO-2259 Creating a request caused fatal error in dashboard.
HREPTWO-2260 Creating and saving users and groups fails in admin perspective with SPI enabled
HREPTWO-2264 Allow default read permissions to translations
HREPTWO-2265 PluginConfigTest failing resolved
HREPTWO-2266 Copying node in console shows stacktrace
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to add new document types from within the CMS.

David Legg

Arje Cahn wrote:
> The Hippo team is happy with the release of its latest milestone of Hippo CMS
> 7, M11!
>
> We hope you give milestone 11 a try and appreciate any feedback.
>  

I've tried both M11 and the trunk (currently 2.05).

I appreciate the increase in apparent speed of the CMS.  Version 2.03
was a slug in comparison!

I have a couple of issues that show up when I try to create a new
document type: -

1. Click 'Configuration' tab in left column of CMS and select
'defaultcontent' folder under 'hippo:namespaces'.
2. From the 'Choose One' pull-down select 'New document type'.
3. In the new dialog box that pops up type 'Animal' in the 'name' field
and press 'OK'.
4. Click on the new entry called 'Animal' that has appeared in the list
of document types in the middle column.
5. Click the 'Edit' button at the top of the right hand panel.

You should now see a blank right hand panel except for a list of field
types you can choose to add to your new document type.

6. Click on one of the fields for example 'Extended Rich Text Editor'.

Nothing appears to happen.  The screen is not refreshed.

7. Click on the 'Save and close' link at the top of the right hand panel.

You won't be able to click on the 'Animal' document type to bring up the
page again.  This is obviously a bug.  To get around this you have to
click on another document type (e.g. 'Article') and then click on
'Animal' again.

8. Click on 'Article' and then when that page is displayed click on
'Animal' again.

You will now see a blank right hand panel where you would have expected
to see an Extended Rich Text Editor field.

9. Click on the 'Edit' button just below the 'Animal' tab.

You will see a tiny set of three symbols appear (an up and down arrow
and a delete symbol).  So this shows that the rich text editor field was
added in some fashion but doesn't contain any labels or substance that
would make it visible.

If you would like me to directly add issues like this to JIRA let me
know ;-)

Regards,
David Legg

_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/community.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to add new document types from within the CMS.

Jeroen Reijn
Administrator
Hi David,

thanks for the feedback! It's very much appreciated. I'll try to go
through all of your issues and put them into JIRA, so they can be taken
along with the next release! :-)

Cheers,

Jeroen

David Legg wrote:

>
> Arje Cahn wrote:
>> The Hippo team is happy with the release of its latest milestone of
>> Hippo CMS
>> 7, M11!
>>
>> We hope you give milestone 11 a try and appreciate any feedback.
>>  
>
> I've tried both M11 and the trunk (currently 2.05).
>
> I appreciate the increase in apparent speed of the CMS.  Version 2.03
> was a slug in comparison!
>
> I have a couple of issues that show up when I try to create a new
> document type: -
>
> 1. Click 'Configuration' tab in left column of CMS and select
> 'defaultcontent' folder under 'hippo:namespaces'.
> 2. From the 'Choose One' pull-down select 'New document type'.
> 3. In the new dialog box that pops up type 'Animal' in the 'name' field
> and press 'OK'.
> 4. Click on the new entry called 'Animal' that has appeared in the list
> of document types in the middle column.
> 5. Click the 'Edit' button at the top of the right hand panel.
>
> You should now see a blank right hand panel except for a list of field
> types you can choose to add to your new document type.
>
> 6. Click on one of the fields for example 'Extended Rich Text Editor'.
>
> Nothing appears to happen.  The screen is not refreshed.
>
> 7. Click on the 'Save and close' link at the top of the right hand panel.
>
> You won't be able to click on the 'Animal' document type to bring up the
> page again.  This is obviously a bug.  To get around this you have to
> click on another document type (e.g. 'Article') and then click on
> 'Animal' again.
>
> 8. Click on 'Article' and then when that page is displayed click on
> 'Animal' again.
>
> You will now see a blank right hand panel where you would have expected
> to see an Extended Rich Text Editor field.
>
> 9. Click on the 'Edit' button just below the 'Animal' tab.
>
> You will see a tiny set of three symbols appear (an up and down arrow
> and a delete symbol).  So this shows that the rich text editor field was
> added in some fashion but doesn't contain any labels or substance that
> would make it visible.
>
> If you would like me to directly add issues like this to JIRA let me
> know ;-)
>
> Regards,
> David Legg
>
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/community.html
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/community.html