Hippo Web Service

Nachiket Ashtaputre
Hi,

I am a rookie in this field and the web-service part as well. I ma trying to get a simple scenario done -- but facing some problems and confusion.

I want a Simple scenario in which I can :
1) access the documents (designed by Default Author) -- with a SOAP Request and get the document related info out.
2) I need end-points / wsdl which can be used by a SOAP Request

I tried a lot but could not find much in this are, also I am not aware if all the above things can be done.

Could you please let me know if the above holds valid and also if there is any ready sample I can use?

Thanx,
Nachiket

Re: Hippo Web Service

Hi and welcome!

See my comments inline.

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Nachiket Ashtaputre

> I am a rookie in this field and the web-service part as well. I ma trying to
> get a simple scenario done -- but facing some problems and confusion.
>
> I want a Simple scenario in which I can :
> 1) access the documents (designed by Default Author) -- with a SOAP Request
> and get the document related info out.
> 2) I need end-points / wsdl which can be used by a SOAP Request
>
> I tried a lot but could not find much in this are, also I am not aware if
> all the above things can be done.
>
> Could you please let me know if the above holds valid and also if there is
> any ready sample I can use?

Well by default we do not have any SOAP support. We do however have
REST support, but you will still need to configure/code some minor
imlpementations. The REST endpoints are created by Apache CXF, which
also supports SOAP, but I guess that would require quite a bit of work
to start out with.

See http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/concepts/rest/restful-jax-rs-component-support-in-hst-2.html
for more information about the Hippo REST support.

> Thanx,
> Nachiket

Re: Hippo Web Service

Nachiket Ashtaputre
Thanx for the information.
I'll go through the steps and try to hit SOAP requests and get response.

Thanx,
Nachiket

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Jeroen Reijn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi and welcome!

See my comments inline.

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Nachiket Ashtaputre

> I am a rookie in this field and the web-service part as well. I ma trying to
> get a simple scenario done -- but facing some problems and confusion.
>
> I want a Simple scenario in which I can :
> 1) access the documents (designed by Default Author) -- with a SOAP Request
> and get the document related info out.
> 2) I need end-points / wsdl which can be used by a SOAP Request
>
> I tried a lot but could not find much in this are, also I am not aware if
> all the above things can be done.
>
> Could you please let me know if the above holds valid and also if there is
> any ready sample I can use?

Well by default we do not have any SOAP support. We do however have
REST support, but you will still need to configure/code some minor
imlpementations. The REST endpoints are created by Apache CXF, which
also supports SOAP, but I guess that would require quite a bit of work
to start out with.

See http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/concepts/rest/restful-jax-rs-component-support-in-hst-2.html
for more information about the Hippo REST support.

> Thanx,
> Nachiket

US <a href="tel:%2B1%20877%20414%204776" value="+18774144776">+1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe <a href="tel:%2B31%280%2920%20522%204466" value="+31205224466">+31(0)20 522 4466

Re: Hippo Web Service

Wouter Danes-2

You can probably use Apache CXF inside a component and use a custom pipeline to go around the JSP rendering engine.

Jetro Coenradie made a great blogpost [1] about custom pipelines and RSS, you can probably leverage some of his code.

[1] http://blog.orange11.nl/2011/12/13/embedding-rss-in-hippo-using-the-pipelines-feature/

I'll go through the steps and try to hit SOAP requests and get response.

Thanx,
Nachiket

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Jeroen Reijn <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi and welcome!

See my comments inline.

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Nachiket Ashtaputre

> I am a rookie in this field and the web-service part as well. I ma trying to
> get a simple scenario done -- but facing some problems and confusion.
>
> I want a Simple scenario in which I can :
> 1) access the documents (designed by Default Author) -- with a SOAP Request
> and get the document related info out.
> 2) I need end-points / wsdl which can be used by a SOAP Request
>
> I tried a lot but could not find much in this are, also I am not aware if
> all the above things can be done.
>
> Could you please let me know if the above holds valid and also if there is
> any ready sample I can use?

Well by default we do not have any SOAP support. We do however have
REST support, but you will still need to configure/code some minor
imlpementations. The REST endpoints are created by Apache CXF, which
also supports SOAP, but I guess that would require quite a bit of work
to start out with.

See http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/concepts/rest/restful-jax-rs-component-support-in-hst-2.html
for more information about the Hippo REST support.

> Thanx,
> Nachiket

US <a href="tel:%2B1%20877%20414%204776">+1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe <a href="tel:%2B31%280%2920%20522%204466">+31(0)20 522 4466