Hippo and Adobe InDesign

I am looking for experiences with Hippo CMS and Adobe InDesign. Are there any connectors between these two? Either importing InDesign stuff into Hippo or exporting content towards InDesign?

Any input welcome!

Re: Hippo and Adobe InDesign

Gerrit Berkouwer
Nobody any leads for this?

Re: Hippo and Adobe InDesign

Mathijs Brand
Hi Gerrit,

I have worked with indesign before to import/export xml a long time
ago, so because I was curious I just did a search on this and found an
api offered by Indesign offered through indesign server which is part
of indesign in modern versions. Here's a description [1].
According to google there's more information on their website [2], but
adobe.com seems to have problems: it give a 404 on each page, even the
homepage.

1: http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/indesign/cs5_docs/indesign_server/ww-ids-java.pdf
2: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/indesign/sdk.html

Kind regards,
Mathijs Brand

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Gerrit Berkouwer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nobody any leads for this?
>
> -----
> --
> Greetz, Gerrit

Re: Hippo and Adobe InDesign

Gerrit Berkouwer
Thanks for the info, will look into it!

Re: Hippo and Adobe InDesign

ohaeuser
Hi there,

what do you want to achieve with the combination Adobe InDesign - Hippo CMS ?

We have extensive knowledge and our own IDML java library (idmllib.com) which we use to create affordable  InDesign / Content workflows.

Just to give you some ideas - idml is the standard exchange format of Adobe since CS 4.
Basically something we have done before is that you export an IDML from your indesign client which you can then upload to your cms. We extract the text boxes and fill them automatically into a cms template.

If the cms template gets updated we can later on of course create/update the idml file so you can use it in your indesign client again. For these manipulations without rendering we do not need an InDesign Server.

It could also go the other way around. Use the CMS as a content creator and export an IDML to be used in InDesign.

So basically what we need is some more information ... ?

Take care -

Oliver