[Hippo-cms7-user] Document Type

Danilo Ardicilii
I have created a document type but I don't succeed to delete it. Suggestions.
--

Danilo Ardicilii

everett Italia
          TRUSTED TO KNOW

Head Office

Via Torino, 2 - 20123 Milano - Italia
Tel: +39 02 72546847
Fax: +39 02 72546418

Technology Centre

Via Federico Fellini, 2 G2/1 - 65010 Spoltore (PE) - Italia
Tel: +39 085 2120342
Fax: +39 085 2120342

e-mail: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.everett.it

Re: [Hippo-cms7-user] Document Type

(Berry) A.W. van Halderen
On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 09:01:30AM +0100, Danilo Ardicilii wrote:
> I have created a document type but I don't succeed to delete it.
> Suggestions.

Thanks for your interest in cms7.

A proper way to delete document types is not possible once it has been
committed.  The underlying reason is that in some point in time a document
of that type could have existed and since we have versioning a reference
to the document type will always exist.  We could have choosen to delete
document types for which there are no references (already quite difficult)
or to hide them.  However this is difficult to explain to most people
so that has no priority.

In future, it will be possible to migrate content and types from one server
to the next.  Then it is possible to migrate only parts (and thus not old
document types) but this will be pretty technical in nature.

With kind regards,
Berry van Halderen

> Danilo Ardicilii
>
> everett Italia ?
>          TRUSTED TO *KNOW*
>
> Head Office
>
> Via Torino, 2 - 20123 Milano - Italia
> Tel: +39 02 72546847
> Fax: +39 02 72546418
>

> Technology Centre
>
> Via Federico Fellini, 2 G2/1 - 65010 Spoltore (PE) - Italia
> Tel: +39 085 2120342
> Fax: +39 085 2120342
>
> e-mail: [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Web: http://www.everett.it

Berry A.W. van Halderen       [hidden email] / [hidden email]
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the opinion
or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have been following
him all day.

SecurityDomain

Danilo Ardicilii
Hi again, I have another question.

What is a SecurityDomain?

As the screenshot (
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/delve_into/user/cms_admins/howto/add_group.html
) doesn't correspond to the reality, is it possible to create a new
SecurityDomain?

Thanks in advance, Danilo

Re: SecurityDomain

Rita Bylsma
Danilo Ardicilii wrote
Hi again, I have another question.

What is a SecurityDomain?

As the screenshot (
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/delve_into/user/cms_admins/howto/add_group.html
) doesn't correspond to the reality, is it possible to create a new
SecurityDomain?

Thanks in advance, Danilo
 Hi Danilo,

Thanks for reporting about the user guide, which is my responsibility. I'm sorry I did not get to update the screenshots yet. The developers have been very busy with the CMS admin part and they will explain you and me next week.
Best Regards,
   Rita Bylsma
   Documentalist
   www.onehippo.org

Re: SecurityDomain

I guess this email still needs a follow-up?