Hippo<>CMIS implementations?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hippo<>CMIS implementations?

Gerrit Berkouwer
Are there any active and stable CMIS implementations with Hippo CMS? I would like to hear about them! Any info about the status of CMIS and Hippo is welcome... Thanks!
--
Greetz, Gerrit
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hippo<>CMIS implementations?

Wouter Danes-2
There's some project by some Source Sense guys that I think never got finished.
________________________________________
Van: [hidden email] [[hidden email]] namens Gerrit Berkouwer [[hidden email]]
Verzonden: donderdag 3 mei 2012 8:32
Aan: [hidden email]
Onderwerp: [Hippo-cms7-user] Hippo<>CMIS implementations?

Are there any active and stable CMIS implementations with Hippo CMS? I would
like to hear about them! Any info about the status of CMIS and Hippo is
welcome... Thanks!

-----
--
Greetz, Gerrit
--
View this message in context: http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Hippo-CMIS-implementations-tp7522546.html
Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hippo<>CMIS implementations?

Jeroen Reijn
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gerrit Berkouwer

Hi Gerrit,

What are you exactly looking for in the CMIS implementation. CMIS has both a client and server connection. I know there has been effort done on both where I think the client addon is probably the most mature and on the forge.

Jeroen

Op 3 mei 2012 08:33 schreef "Gerrit Berkouwer" <[hidden email]> het volgende:
Are there any active and stable CMIS implementations with Hippo CMS? I would
like to hear about them! Any info about the status of CMIS and Hippo is
welcome... Thanks!

-----
--
Greetz, Gerrit
--
View this message in context: http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Hippo-CMIS-implementations-tp7522546.html
Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html

_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hippo<>CMIS implementations?

Adolfo Benedetti
In reply to this post by Wouter Danes-2
Hi Gerrit, Wouter,


The sourcesense's hippo-cmis-plugin was created/maintained by Maurizio
Pillitu[1]. The plugin is based on the Apache Chemistry project[1].
It's an opensource project[2] you can fork it! :-)

There's a forge cmis replication plugin module[3] it contains an
example integration guide with Nuxeo[4] afaik  is based on OASIS CMIS
standard.


Cheers,

Adolfo

[1]http://www.linkedin.com/in/mpillitu
[1]https://chemistry.apache.org/
[2]https://github.com/sourcesense/hippo-cmis-plugin
[3]http://cmisreplication.forge.onehippo.org/
[4]http://www.onehippo.com/nl/events/2011/10/hippo-presenteert-de-nuxeo-hippo-cmis-connector-op-nuxeo-world.html?backpage=nl/events/2011
http://www.nuxeo.com/en
[4]http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=cmis

--
Adolfo Benedetti
iProfs.nl


2012/5/3 Wouter Danes <[hidden email]>:

> There's some project by some Source Sense guys that I think never got finished.
> ________________________________________
> Van: [hidden email] [[hidden email]] namens Gerrit Berkouwer [[hidden email]]
> Verzonden: donderdag 3 mei 2012 8:32
> Aan: [hidden email]
> Onderwerp: [Hippo-cms7-user] Hippo<>CMIS implementations?
>
> Are there any active and stable CMIS implementations with Hippo CMS? I would
> like to hear about them! Any info about the status of CMIS and Hippo is
> welcome... Thanks!
>
> -----
> --
> Greetz, Gerrit
> --
> View this message in context: http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Hippo-CMIS-implementations-tp7522546.html
> Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hippo<>CMIS implementations?

Arje Cahn
Administrator
In reply to this post by Jeroen Reijn

What are you exactly looking for in the CMIS implementation. CMIS has both a client and server connection. I know there has been effort done on both where I think the client addon is probably the most mature and on the forge.

Allow me to share my opinion on CMIS.. Which hopefully explains why we don't offer a lot of CMIS support currently. What I'm stating below is largely my opinion - but I believe it's widely shared across the WCM vendor space.

OASIS CMIS is a standard that was clearly designed with Document Management Systems in mind, where mostly data blobs are exchanged (Word docs, PDF's etc). The CMIS data model is therefor very course grained - too course grained to be useful as a standard for interoperability between Web Content Management systems. This is why you won't find a lot of Web CMS'es that provide CMIS *server* capabilities.

At Hippo, we believe we need a better standard for interoperability between Web CMS'es. This is why we are actively participating in the new OASIS WEMI initiative. For more information on this new standard, see my blog [1]  and the WEMI Charter [2].

However, if you have your documents (PDF's, Word, etc) stored in a Document Management System and you want to reuse them on your web properties, then it makes perfect sense to hook up the DMS as a CMIS server and Hippo as the CMIS client. This is what the CMIS Client Add-on [3] and the CMIS Replicator [4] projects do.

Earlier in this thread, Wouter is referring to a project that Sourcesense has been working on. This is an implementation of a CMIS *server* on top of the HST. This is what Maurizio Pillitu spoke about on the Hippo GetTogether 2010 [5]. The code for this project can be found on Sourcesense's Github repository [6].

I hope this clarifies our background on CMIS.


Regards,

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com


_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hippo<>CMIS implementations?

Wouter Danes-2
Thanks Arjé,

That answered a lot of questions I had about what's and why's. :)

Van: [hidden email] [[hidden email]] namens Arje Cahn [[hidden email]]
Verzonden: donderdag 3 mei 2012 10:34
Aan: Hippo CMS 7 development public mailinglist
CC: [hidden email]
Onderwerp: Re: [Hippo-cms7-user] Hippo<>CMIS implementations?

What are you exactly looking for in the CMIS implementation. CMIS has both a client and server connection. I know there has been effort done on both where I think the client addon is probably the most mature and on the forge.

Allow me to share my opinion on CMIS.. Which hopefully explains why we don't offer a lot of CMIS support currently. What I'm stating below is largely my opinion - but I believe it's widely shared across the WCM vendor space.

OASIS CMIS is a standard that was clearly designed with Document Management Systems in mind, where mostly data blobs are exchanged (Word docs, PDF's etc). The CMIS data model is therefor very course grained - too course grained to be useful as a standard for interoperability between Web Content Management systems. This is why you won't find a lot of Web CMS'es that provide CMIS *server* capabilities.

At Hippo, we believe we need a better standard for interoperability between Web CMS'es. This is why we are actively participating in the new OASIS WEMI initiative. For more information on this new standard, see my blog [1]  and the WEMI Charter [2].

However, if you have your documents (PDF's, Word, etc) stored in a Document Management System and you want to reuse them on your web properties, then it makes perfect sense to hook up the DMS as a CMIS server and Hippo as the CMIS client. This is what the CMIS Client Add-on [3] and the CMIS Replicator [4] projects do.

Earlier in this thread, Wouter is referring to a project that Sourcesense has been working on. This is an implementation of a CMIS *server* on top of the HST. This is what Maurizio Pillitu spoke about on the Hippo GetTogether 2010 [5]. The code for this project can be found on Sourcesense's Github repository [6].

I hope this clarifies our background on CMIS.

[3] <a href="https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Hippo&#43;CMIS&#43;Client&#43;Add-on" target="_blank">https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Hippo+CMIS+Client+Add-on

Regards,

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com


_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hippo<>CMIS implementations?

Gerrit Berkouwer
In reply to this post by Jeroen Reijn
Wow, thanks for these quick replies.

@jeroen: I am thinking about different use cases. An important one is connecting to DAM systems. It should be possible to re-use video/image/audio assets in an external DAM. So browse the DAM-repository from within Hippo in order to use the assets in Hippo documents. So the DMS as a CMIS server and Hippo as the CMIS client. I understand that this is what the CMIS Client Add-on and the CMIS Replicator projects do. I was hoping that somewhere this setup is used in a production environment.

Also think about connecting to systems from within the Hippo repository. So that would be acting as a CMIS server.

@arje: great info, thanks. The WEMI initiative looks interesting, I guess I did not read your january blog-post well enough :-). I am going to take a look at that.

 
--
Greetz, Gerrit
Ard
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hippo<>CMIS implementations?

Ard
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Gerrit Berkouwer
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wow, thanks for these quick replies.
>
> @jeroen: I am thinking about different use cases. An important one is
> connecting to DAM systems. It should be possible to re-use video/image/audio
> assets in an external DAM. So browse the DAM-repository from within Hippo in
> order to use the assets in Hippo documents. So the DMS as a CMIS server and
> Hippo as the CMIS client. I understand that this is what the CMIS Client
> Add-on and the CMIS Replicator projects do. I was hoping that somewhere this
> setup is used in a production environment.

There is a mediamosa integration that you might want to check out. Not
sure if this suits your goals, also see [1], [2] and [3]

Regards Ard

[1] https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/external/mediamosa-api/
[2] https://github.com/ksalic/MediaMosa-Java-API
[3] http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Video-files-strategy-in-Hippo-CMS-td6440205.html


>
> Also think about connecting to systems from within the Hippo repository. So
> that would be acting as a CMIS server.
>
> @arje: great info, thanks. The WEMI initiative looks interesting, I guess I
> did not read your january blog-post well enough :-). I am going to take a
> look at that.
>
>
>
> -----
> --
> Greetz, Gerrit
> --
> View this message in context: http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Hippo-CMIS-implementations-tp7522546p7522975.html
> Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html



--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hippo<>CMIS implementations?

Kenan Salic
As an addition to Ard's post. 

We have worked on a quite successful integration with videoplatform mediamosa. The plugin behing the integration is the External Resource Plug-in[1].

The plugin enables a developer  to create a resource manager which allows you to manage external assets/images as if they are in the CMS (upload, edit metadata, synchronize metadata etc.) 

Some videos of the MediaMosa integration:


[1]  https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/external/tags/externalresource-1.07.01/  (latest tag)

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Ard Schrijvers <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Gerrit Berkouwer
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wow, thanks for these quick replies.
>
> @jeroen: I am thinking about different use cases. An important one is
> connecting to DAM systems. It should be possible to re-use video/image/audio
> assets in an external DAM. So browse the DAM-repository from within Hippo in
> order to use the assets in Hippo documents. So the DMS as a CMIS server and
> Hippo as the CMIS client. I understand that this is what the CMIS Client
> Add-on and the CMIS Replicator projects do. I was hoping that somewhere this
> setup is used in a production environment.

There is a mediamosa integration that you might want to check out. Not
sure if this suits your goals, also see [1], [2] and [3]

Regards Ard

[1] https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/external/mediamosa-api/
[2] https://github.com/ksalic/MediaMosa-Java-API
[3] http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Video-files-strategy-in-Hippo-CMS-td6440205.html


>
> Also think about connecting to systems from within the Hippo repository. So
> that would be acting as a CMIS server.
>
> @arje: great info, thanks. The WEMI initiative looks interesting, I guess I
> did not read your january blog-post well enough :-). I am going to take a
> look at that.
>
>
>
> -----
> --
> Greetz, Gerrit
> --
> View this message in context: http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Hippo-CMIS-implementations-tp7522546p7522975.html
> Sent from the Hippo CMS 7 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html



--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US <a href="tel:%2B1%20877%20414%204776" value="+18774144776">+1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe <a href="tel:%2B31%280%2920%20522%204466" value="+31205224466">+31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com
_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html



--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com


_______________________________________________
Hippo-cms7-user mailing list and forums
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/support/forums.html