How can I configure the thumbnail size in the GalleryPicker plugin

How can I configure the thumbnail size in the GalleryPicker plugin

Allard

It seems to be impossible to change the size of the thumbnail in the GalleryPicker plugin. Anyway, I haven't been able to find any configuration option whatsoever.

Any pointers are most welcome.

Allard

Re: How can I configure the thumbnail size in the GalleryPicker plugin

Arthur Bogaart

Hi Allard,

One thing you can try is change the value of property gallery.thumbnail.size, you will find this property in three configuration files:

  • cms-folder-views.xml
  • cms-dashshortcuts.xml
  • cms-headshortcuts.xml

This value is used to calculate the thumbnail dimensions of images you upload and set the size of the images you see in the pickers/browser.

Currently, you will also have to fiddle with css styles, which is an issue that I am addressing this week.

Hope this helps,
Regards,

Arthur Bogaart

Allard wrote
Hi all, It seems to be impossible to change the size of the thumbnail in the GalleryPicker plugin. Anyway, I haven't been able to find any configuration option whatsoever. Any pointers are most welcome. Allard

Re: How can I configure the thumbnail size in the GalleryPicker plugin

Allard
Arthur,

thanks for the pointers. However, when I change these settings, the thumbnail is actually stored in the repository in the correct format, but it is still shown in the incorrect size.

In the listings, there is an overlay of some sort that shows only a square (the upper left 100x100 pixels), while the image itself is much larger.

In the gallery picker plugin, the image size seems to be hard coded to 50px. It is probably better to remove this hard coded resize and show the image in the size it has been uploaded (at least, the thumbnail). Only then will it really make sense to change the thumbnail size in the configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Allard

Arthur Bogaart wrote

Allard wrote
Hi all, It seems to be impossible to change the size of the thumbnail in the GalleryPicker plugin. Anyway, I haven't been able to find any configuration option whatsoever. Any pointers are most welcome. Allard

Re: How can I configure the thumbnail size in the GalleryPicker plugin

Maurizio Pillitu
Hi Arthur,

I'd like to ask you more details regarding the thumbnail creation and the HST interaction and I thought this thread was pretty much related; feel free to move it to a separate thread tough.

Let's assume I'm uploading a 100x80 picture, and my gallery.thumbnail.size=60; there are serveral scenarios that can be implemented:

1. Resize within a squared 60x60 and keep ratio - it will make my image 60x48
2. Resize width and keep ratio - as before, 60x48
3. Resize height and keep ratio - 75x60
4. Crop - in the center - on a square - 60x60 leaving 20x10 by left and right

Which is the current implementation?

Assuming we want to render different sizes of the same image from the frontend, which is the best way to go? I was thinking to implement different 'variants' of the image, providing different size configurations, so that from the JSP I can decide to render <hst:link hippobean="${myimage.mysize1}"/> or <hst:link hippobean="${myimage.mysize2}"/> depending on the case; how can I configure different variants for images?

It would be extremely cool to have these facilities at JSP taglib level; something like <hst:image imagebean="myimage" [witdh="10"] [height="20"] [strategy="fit|crop"] /> which generates an image and caches it; what do you think? Would be possible/hard to implement it?

TIA
  mau

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Allard <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Met vriendelijke groet,
--
Maurizio Pillitu - 0031 (0)615655668
Opensource Software Engineer