How to incoporate Web Forms

Los Morales
Hi all,

Been wanting to try out Web Forms (creating a form to be submitted, e.g. "contact us" form).  Question is, I can't seem to find this anywhere in the CMS.  Is there some kind of additional library I need to incorporate in order for this to appear?  Also is there some documentation on how to use this (or at least sample code in the demo that shows how to use this)?  Thanks!

-los

Re: How to incoporate Web Forms

Frank van Lankvelt
You could take a look at the easy-forms plugin + HST component:
http://forge.onehippo.org/projects/easy-forms

cheers, Frank

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Los Morales <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Been wanting to try out Web Forms (creating a form to be submitted, e.g.
> "contact us" form).  Question is, I can't seem to find this anywhere in the
> CMS.  Is there some kind of additional library I need to incorporate in
> order for this to appear?  Also is there some documentation on how to use
> this (or at least sample code in the demo that shows how to use this)?
> Thanks!
>
> -los

Re: How to incoporate Web Forms

> You could take a look at the easy-forms plugin + HST component:
> http://forge.onehippo.org/projects/easy-forms

Before you check out the code, take a look at this video that Vijay
posted back in december:
http://www.vijaykiran.com/2009/12/04/easy-forms-s1-for-hippo-cms-video/

It's old - but should give you an idea what the EasyForms plugin does.

Arje

(more videos at http://vimeo.com/groups/hippocms/videos)

Re: How to incoporate Web Forms

Gerrit Berkouwer
This post was updated on .
I have never used EasyForms in a real hands-on demo. I have a few questions/ideas to bring this further, or maybe they already exist?

1. a good webform has a page after submitting that shows the user the filled-in formfields with the option to change the formfields input. After a check the user changes the form or submits the form. Does EasyForms have this?
2. a webform needs server-side validation, per form-field. E.g. a text-field that doesn't allow scripts, a date-field that checks valid dates etc. Does EasyForms have this?
3. are all form-fields possible with EasyForms? E.g. uploading 1 or more binaries to send along with the form?

Re: How to incoporate Web Forms

Vijay Kiran-3
Hi Gerrit,

On 25-Jul-2010, at 11:05 PM, Gerrit Berkouwer wrote:

> I have never used EasyForms in a real hands-on demo. I have a few
> questions/ideas to bring this further, or maybe they already exist?
>
> 1. a good webform has a page after submitting that shows the user the
> filled-in formfields with the option to change the formfields input. After a
> check the user changes the form or submits the form. Does EasyForms have
> this?

By default, the EF HST component handles the submission without any intermediate steps. You can add your own functionality to override it.

> 2. a webform needs server-side validation, per form-field. E.g. a text-field
> that doesn't allow scripts, a date-field that checks valid dates etc. Does
> EasyForms have this?

AFAIK, The validation currently is a client-side validation done using JS. But shouldn't be too hard to plugin your own validation.

> 3. are all form-fields possible with EasyForms?

Depends on what you mean by "all" right now EasyForms support - textfield, radio group, checkboxes, dropdown/combo box, text area and likert.

./Vijay