Is hippo able to do a dynamic drop down based on another

Is hippo able to do a dynamic drop down based on another

Shenuhan
Hi,

It is quite simple, I would like to know if the possible values of a dynamic dropdown in a document of the cms of hippo can be filed depending on the value of another dropdown of the document.

I looked at the selection plugin, it could do the trick, using a custom provider, if I can somehow hook a bit of code to the selection of the first drop down...

So far I haven't found how to do such thing.

If someone already tried something similar, be kind :)

Re: Is hippo able to do a dynamic drop down based on another

Ard
The selection plugin on the forge can do exactly that.

Did you look at the documentation on the forge at [1]

Regards Ard

[1] http://selection.forge.onehippo.org/configuration.html

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 6:53 AM, Shenuhan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is quite simple, I would like to know if the possible values of a dynamic
> dropdown in a document of the cms of hippo can be filed depending on the
> value of another dropdown of the document.
>
> I looked at the selection plugin, it could do the trick, using a custom
> provider, if I can somehow hook a bit of code to the selection of the first
> drop down...
>
> So far I haven't found how to do such thing.
>
> If someone already tried something similar, be kind :)

Re: Is hippo able to do a dynamic drop down based on another

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 6:53 AM, Shenuhan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is quite simple, I would like to know if the possible values of a dynamic
> dropdown in a document of the cms of hippo can be filed depending on the
> value of another dropdown of the document.
>
> I looked at the selection plugin, it could do the trick, using a custom
> provider, if I can somehow hook a bit of code to the selection of the first
> drop down...
>
> So far I haven't found how to do such thing.
>
> If someone already tried something similar, be kind :)

you could add a plugin to the document editor that locates the correct
valuelist based on the property value.
Let the dynamicdropdown then use this service; you should get the
correct values in the dropdown.

Am not sure if the dropdown options are updated when the property
changes though.  If this happens, you're probably better off writing a
custom field plugin (copy the dynamic dropdown and update the options
when the property changes).

Re: Is hippo able to do a dynamic drop down based on another

Jeroen Hoffman

There is no such thing out of the box but this kind of behaviour is implemented
in the URL rewriter plugin on a Wicket level. There is a
BroadcastingStaticDropdownPlugin [1] that on change finds components that
implement AjaxUpdatesAware.

But in fact I like the service approach Frank mentioned better..

Cheers
Jeroen

[1]
https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/urlrewriter/plugin/trunk/urlrewriter-plugin-cms/src/main/java/org/onehippo/forge/rewriting/frontend/editor/plugins/BroadcastingStaticDropdownPlugin.java

On 19-03-13 6:53, Shenuhan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is quite simple, I would like to know if the possible values of a dynamic
> dropdown in a document of the cms of hippo can be filed depending on the
> value of another dropdown of the document.
>
> I looked at the selection plugin, it could do the trick, using a custom
> provider, if I can somehow hook a bit of code to the selection of the first
> drop down...
>
> So far I haven't found how to do such thing.
>
> If someone already tried something similar, be kind :)

Re: Is hippo able to do a dynamic drop down based on another

Minos Chatzidakis-2

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Jeroen Hoffman <[hidden email]> wrote:

There is no such thing out of the box but this kind of behaviour is implemented in the URL rewriter plugin on a Wicket level. There is a BroadcastingStaticDropdownPlugin [1] that on change finds components that implement AjaxUpdatesAware.

And the listerner counterpart of the Broadcasting dropdown is the AjaxAwareValueTemplatePlugin [2]

Minos
--

[...]

Minos Chatzidakis

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)