LDAP plugin gives NPE

Roald Bankras
After digging into the LDAP plugin configuration, all I come up with is another NPE.
Apparently, the LdapUserManager tries to do a search while there's not a session yet.

        at org.hippoecm.repository.security.ldap.LdapUserManager.loadSearches(LdapUserManager.java:351)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.security.ldap.LdapUserManager.initManager(LdapUserManager.java:97)

Re: LDAP plugin gives NPE

Hendrik Hijzen
Administrator
Dear Roald Bankras,

This might take some more investigation time from our side to support then just answering on this forum / through the mailing list. The Hippo Support team is available to help you out with these type of production questions you have, and can be accessed when you have a Hippo Support Subscription. A Support Subscription also gives you access to Developer Assistance, Consulting and Training, as well as other benefits. Through the Support Subscription, we can even give you 24x7 support when needed.

For more information, please see
http://www.onehippo.com/en/support/subscriptions

I hope this gives you some more clarity on how our support model works. If you want to speak to someone about our commercial offerings, please don't hesitate to contact sales@onehippo.com.

Best Regards., Hendrik

Re: LDAP plugin gives NPE

Roald Bankras
Nevermind.

The search query was failing. Fortunately this seems to imply that I got the ldap plugin working.
Trail, error, fix was the best approach for this, because the provided schema was crap!

For other users, these are the changes in the example xml to get it imported correctly:
- remove hippo namespace definition
- hippo:classname should be hipposys:classname
- LdapSecurityProvider is in the package org.hippoecm.repository.security.ldap
- hippo:userprovider should be hipposys:userprovider
- primaryType of userprovider.hippoldap:search should be hippoldap:usersearch instead of hippoldap:search
- primaryType of groupprovider.hippoldap:search should be hippoldap:groupsearch instead of hippoldap:search

Sláinte

Re: LDAP plugin gives NPE

Roald,

thanks for sharing!

Gr,

Jeroen

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Roald Bankras <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nevermind.

The search query was failing. Fortunately this seems to imply that I got the
ldap plugin working.
Trail, error, fix was the best approach for this, because the provided
schema was crap!

For other users, these are the changes in the example xml to get it imported
correctly:
- remove hippo namespace definition
- hippo:classname should be hipposys:classname
- LdapSecurityProvider is in the package
org.hippoecm.repository.security.ldap
- hippo:userprovider should be hipposys:userprovider
- primaryType of userprovider.hippoldap:search should be
hippoldap:usersearch instead of hippoldap:search
- primaryType of groupprovider.hippoldap:search should be
hippoldap:groupsearch instead of hippoldap:search

Sláinte

USA  • San Francisco  185 H Street Suite B  •  Petaluma CA 94952-5100
•  +1 (707) 773 4646
Canada    •   Montréal  5369 Boulevard St-Laurent #430 •  Montréal QC
H2T 1S5  •  +1 (514) 316 8966

Re: LDAP plugin gives NPE

b.vanderschans@onehippo.com
Ronald,

I've fixed the NPE as well as the outdated sample configuration files.

Please see:
https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/HREPTWO-4658
https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/HREPTWO-4659

Thx for the feedback!