Link for Ipad Magazine in downloaded demo not working

Link for Ipad Magazine in downloaded demo not working

Gerrit Berkouwer
This post was updated on .
I just installed the demo application and it works fine. But when I open the Ipad channel in the Channel manager it shows a broken image: "The requested URL  http://kaldorgroup.com/Books/BOOKPUGPIG/images/prod2.png was not found on this server." The link gives a 404.

Is there an easy way to fix this so the Ipad Channel works?

Re: Link for Ipad Magazine in downloaded demo not working

Junaidh Sheriff
Hi Arje,

The below chain is 4 days old already - no body has replied.......

Should I tell him this is strictly internal usage or should I explain the steps how he should get it running on his Ipad with testflight & pigpug?

Regards,
Junaid K

Re: Link for Ipad Magazine in downloaded demo not working

Hi Gerrit,

The main problem is that IPad magazine channel is really hard to demonstrate - every app basically has to go through the Apple app store procedure OR you need something like Testflight setup (but that's very techie). This is why the IPad magazine demo in GoGreen is a bit quirky and we haven't spent a lot of time polishing it. Even though technically, it's not very hard to achieve.

The simplest way to try it out is to download the "Pugpig Reader" app from the App store, and to point the OPDS URL inside the app to http://www.demo.onehippo.com/ipadmag/opds.xml
That "should just work", even though images are not mapped correctly (which is just a silly bug in the templates I guess, so we should at least get that fixed :) ).

Hope that helps!

On Jun 25, 2012, at 4:54 PM, Junaidh Sheriff wrote:

Hi Arje,

The below chain is 4 days old already - no body has replied.......

Should I tell him this is strictly internal usage or should I explain the steps how he should get it running on his Ipad with testflight & pigpug?

Regards,
Junaid K

I just installed the demo application and it works fine. But when I open the
Ipad channel in the Channel manager it shows a broken image: "The requested
URL  http://kaldorgroup.com/Books/BOOKPUGPIG/images/prod2.png was not found
on this server."

Is there an easy way to fix this so the Ipad Channel works?

-----

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142