Link from outside to document editor ("surf and edit")

Link from outside to document editor ("surf and edit")

Niels van Kampenhout
Hi,

Is it possible to link from outside (e.g. a website) to a running Hippo
CMS 7, and have it open a specific document in the editor automatically?

The use case is inline editing. The website has simple inline editing
functionality. Rich text can be edited, an bold/italic/underline can be
applied. There are buttons to save and to request publication. For more
advanced editing functionality (e.g. insert images, internal links), I
want to add a button "Edit in CMS", which opens the CMS in a new window
and ideally would directly open the document in the editor.

Thanks,
Niels

P.S. In Hippo CMS 6 this functionality was called "surf and edit" [1]

[1]
http://www.hippocms.org/display/CMS/Surf+and+edit+-+starting+Hippo+CMS+from+a+preview+page

Re: Link from outside to document editor ("surf and edit")

Hi Niels,

as far as I know this is not implemented yet. I've had the same
requirement as well a while ago. I then learned this was a feature that
will be implemented, but was not implemented at the time.

Sorry I could not have been of more help.

Niels van Kampenhout wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to link from outside (e.g. a website) to a running Hippo
> CMS 7, and have it open a specific document in the editor automatically?
>
> The use case is inline editing. The website has simple inline editing
> functionality. Rich text can be edited, an bold/italic/underline can be
> applied. There are buttons to save and to request publication. For more
> advanced editing functionality (e.g. insert images, internal links), I
> want to add a button "Edit in CMS", which opens the CMS in a new window
> and ideally would directly open the document in the editor.
>
> Thanks,
> Niels
>
> P.S. In Hippo CMS 6 this functionality was called "surf and edit" [1]
>
> [1]
> http://www.hippocms.org/display/CMS/Surf+and+edit+-+starting+Hippo+CMS+from+a+preview+page

Re: Link from outside to document editor ("surf and edit")

(Berry) A.W. van Halderen
On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:30:04PM +0100, Jeroen Reijn wrote:
> as far as I know this is not implemented yet. I've had the same
> requirement as well a while ago. I then learned this was a feature that
> will be implemented, but was not implemented at the time.

It is on the list, you can add yourself as watcher in Jira:
  http://issues.hippocms.org/browse/HREPTWO-2106

\Berry

> Niels van Kampenhout wrote:
> >
> >Is it possible to link from outside (e.g. a website) to a running Hippo
> >CMS 7, and have it open a specific document in the editor automatically?
> >
> >The use case is inline editing. The website has simple inline editing
> >functionality. Rich text can be edited, an bold/italic/underline can be
> >applied. There are buttons to save and to request publication. For more
> >advanced editing functionality (e.g. insert images, internal links), I
> >want to add a button "Edit in CMS", which opens the CMS in a new window
> >and ideally would directly open the document in the editor.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Niels
> >
> >P.S. In Hippo CMS 6 this functionality was called "surf and edit" [1]
> >
> >[1]
> >http://www.hippocms.org/display/CMS/Surf+and+edit+-+starting+Hippo+CMS+from+a+preview+page

Berry A.W. van Halderen       [hidden email] / [hidden email]
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the opinion
or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have been following
him all day.