Login as admin

kusum Lata
Sir
I used to login in cms by username and password as "admin",then i created a another user and again i login it through my new user. But when i deleted my new user then i am not able to login  as "admin" as ealier. Please tell me that how can i login as "admin" ?
I will be thankful to you.

Re: Login as admin

I'm not sure why you can't login as admin any more. What kind of user
did you delete?

Greet

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM, kusum Lata
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sir
> I used to login in cms by username and password as "admin",then i created a
> another user and again i login it through my new user. But when i deleted my
> new user then i am not able to login  as "admin" as ealier. Please tell me
> that how can i login as "admin" ?
> I will be thankful to you.

Re: Login as admin

Junaidh Sheriff
Hi Kusum,

Are you sure you did not delete admin user? Could you give us more details like which  HippoCMS version you are running on, where did you delete the user (via CMS or console), etc..

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM, kusum Lata <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sir
I used to login in cms by username and password as "admin",then i created a
another user and again i login it through my new user. But when i deleted my
new user then i am not able to login  as "admin" as ealier. Please tell me
that how can i login as "admin" ?
I will be thankful to you.

Re: Login as admin

kusum Lata
Sir
I created an user as kusum lata and i deleted it from CMS not from console.

I am using CMS7.

I think, i don't had deleted admin.But if i deleted it, then please tell me that how can i again login as "admin". I am still able to login through "editor" and "author" in CMS but not in console.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Junaidh Sheriff [via Hippo] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kusum,

Are you sure you did not delete admin user? Could you give us more details like which  HippoCMS version you are running on, where did you delete the user (via CMS or console), etc..

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM, kusum Lata <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sir
I used to login in cms by username and password as "admin",then i created a
another user and again i login it through my new user. But when i deleted my
new user then i am not able to login  as "admin" as ealier. Please tell me
that how can i login as "admin" ?
I will be thankful to you.

NAML

Re: Login as admin

kusum Lata
I had created an user whose name was kusum lata through CMS 7 and i deleted it.
Now, i can not able to login as admin but i am able to login as "editor " and "author" in CMS but not in Console.

Hi,

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sir
> I used to login in cms by username and password as "admin",then i created a
> another user and again i login it through my new user. But when i deleted my
> new user then i am not able to login  as "admin" as ealier. Please tell me
> that how can i login as "admin" ?
> I will be thankful to you.

NAML

Re: Login as admin

Ebrahim
Hi

I have made a small jar file which can solve your problem. just download Let me in Hippo jar from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hippoletmein/?source=directory
and place it on you classpath and restart your server. it will create a user with admin right for you called "sparekey" with password "12345". please do not forget to change the password afterward.

Best Regards
Ebrahim Aharpour

Re: Login as admin

Ard
Nice trick Ebrahim!!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Regards Ard

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Ebrahim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have made a small jar file which can solve your problem. just download Let
> me in Hippo jar from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hippoletmein/?source=directory
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/hippoletmein/?source=directory>
> and place it on you classpath and restart your server. it will create a user
> with admin right for you called "sparekey" with password "12345". please do
> not forget to change the password afterward.
>
> Best Regards
> Ebrahim Aharpour

Re: Login as admin

Oscar Scholten
Hi Ebrahim,

Cheers, Oscar

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Ard Schrijvers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nice trick Ebrahim!!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Regards Ard

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Ebrahim <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have made a small jar file which can solve your problem. just download Let
> me in Hippo jar from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hippoletmein/?source=directory
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/hippoletmein/?source=directory>
> and place it on you classpath and restart your server. it will create a user
> with admin right for you called "sparekey" with password "12345". please do
> not forget to change the password afterward.
>
> Best Regards
> Ebrahim Aharpour

US <a href="tel:%2B1%20877%20414%204776" value="+18774144776">+1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe <a href="tel:%2B31%280%2920%20522%204466" value="+31205224466">+31(0)20 522 4466

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466

Re: Login as admin

marijan milicevic
Hi Kusum,

On 01/21/2013 10:59 AM, kusum Lata wrote:
Sir
I created an user as kusum lata and i deleted it from CMS not from console.

I am using CMS7.

I think, i don't had deleted admin.But if i deleted it, then please tell me
that how can i again login as "admin". I am still able to login through

see earlier posts in this thread.
Another way to login is by using maintenanceMode within repository.xml [1]

    <LoginModule class="org.hippoecm.repository.security.HippoLoginModule">
      <param name="maintenanceMode" value="true"/>
    </LoginModule>

cheers
marijan

[1]

http://www.onehippo.org/7_8/library/administration/repository-configuration.html

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM, kusum Lata <[hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=7580238&i=0>
wrote:

Sir
I used to login in cms by username and password as "admin",then i created
another user and again i login it through my new user. But when i deleted
my
new user then i am not able to login  as "admin" as ealier. Please tell me
that how can i login as "admin" ?
I will be thankful to you.

.
NAML<http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

best regards,
marijan milicevic

Oosteinde 11
1017 WT Amsterdam
+31 (0) 20 522 4466 /T

Re: Login as admin

kusum Lata
If i will follow this procedure then i will have admin user of your's sparekey but i want to become admin user of my own project.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Ebrahim [via Hippo] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I have made a small jar file which can solve your problem. just download Let me in Hippo jar from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hippoletmein/?source=directory
and place it on you classpath and restart your server. it will create a user with admin right for you called "sparekey" with password "12345". please do not forget to change the password afterward.

Best Regards
Ebrahim Aharpour

http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Login-as-admin-tp7580236p7580241.html
To unsubscribe from Login as admin, click here.
NAML

Re: Login as admin

Ebrahim
Hi Kusum
There is no real difference between sparekey user and your old admin user, beside its name. But anyway you can simple use sparekey user to log-in into CMS or console and create a user called admin with admin privileges and delete sparekey user afterward. It worse mentioning that if you forget to delete the jar file from your classpath and restart your server the sparekey will not be recreated again.

Best regards
Ebrahim