Mass scheduling at document folder level

Mass scheduling at document folder level

M Nair
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Mass scheduling at document folder level

<base href="x-msg://440/">Hey,

On Jun 8, 2011, at 5:51 PM, M Nair wrote:

I see that each individual page can be scheduled for publishing at a latter date. I was wondering if scheduling is possible at the folder level..That was if I have a ton of pages that needs to go live at the same time all I have to do is have them in one folder and schedule that folder to be published at a latter date / time ..

You can publish everything within a folder. See the attached screenshot:

I guess this is what you want to do.. But you want to schedule it... Is that correct?
To be able to do that, the "Publish all" functionality should be extended with a scheduling job. That should be doable...

I hope that helps...!

- Arje

Re: Mass scheduling at document folder level

Gerrit Berkouwer
Another nice extension would be to be able to multi-select items in a folder to schedule or publish/unpublish, not just the whole folder. I guess this is in the same category as the more general idea of having 'multi-select' in link pickers.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Mass scheduling at document folder level

Frank van Lankvelt
this would certainly be possible with a plugin.  The 'publish all in
folder' workflow step is already provided by a plugin.
Guess that opening a dialog with the options to either 'do it now' or
'schedule' would work, right?

cheers, Frank

CONTENTS DELETED

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 7:45 AM, M Nair <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thats correct...an option to do it now or schedule would work...and that
> would be great if you can implement asap..

;-)  Sorry, this is outside the scope of community support.
If you can (find someone to provide) a patch that implements the
behavior, I'll happily review and apply.
Or, you can hire Hippo to do this for you.

cheers, Frank