Mismatch between documentation and application

Mismatch between documentation and application

Roald Bankras
Hi I'm trying to figure out how to create a custom editor. So I started to read the "Create An Editing Template Plugin Test" page. I came across some mismatches but managed to continue to "Make it available in the Document Type Editor". But here I got stuck. It mentions to navigate to a node which I'm unable to find. Can anyone point me to the right node? regards Roald

Re: Mismatch between documentation and application

Frank van Lankvelt
ah, that should probably be
/hippo:namespaces/hippo/templatetype/editor:templates/_default_/list

cheers, Frank

"
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/documentation/development/extending+CMS7/user+interface/editing_template_plugin.html
Create An Editing Template Plugin Test " page.

I came across some mismatches but managed to continue to "Make it available
in the Document Type Editor".
But here I got stuck.

It mentions to navigate to a node which I'm unable to find.

Can anyone point me to the right node?

regards
Roald

USA  • San Francisco  185 H Street Suite B  •  Petaluma CA 94952-5100 •  +1 (707) 773 4646
Canada    •   Montréal  5369 Boulevard St-Laurent #430 •  Montréal QC H2T 1S5  •  +1 (514) 316 8966
www.onehippo.com  •  www.onehippo.org  •  [hidden email]

Re: Mismatch between documentation and application

Roald Bankras
I'm sorry to say that "/hippo:namespaces/hippo/templatetype" does not exist in my console.

Re: Mismatch between documentation and application

Roald Bankras
I have found  /hippo:namespaces/hipposysedit/templatetype/editor:templates/_default_/list
but that one doesn't have a property called "templates".

Is the 'Document Type Editor' referring to a different application?

Re: Mismatch between documentation and application

Frank van Lankvelt
you are looking at the right places.  If the hipposysedit:templatetype node for your own type has the mixin editor:editable, then it should appear automagically.  The document type editor queries the repository for nodes of this mixin type to compose the list.  So the final step is now obsolete.

It does appear that the documentation is seriously out of date, sorry 'bout that.  You can find a lot more information on the wiki at https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Home.

cheers, Frank

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Roald Bankras <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have found
/hippo:namespaces/hipposysedit/templatetype/editor:templates/_default_/list
but that one doesn't have a property called "templates".

Is the 'Document Type Editor' referring to a different application?

USA  • San Francisco  185 H Street Suite B  •  Petaluma CA 94952-5100 •  +1 (707) 773 4646
Canada    •   Montréal  5369 Boulevard St-Laurent #430 •  Montréal QC H2T 1S5  •  +1 (514) 316 8966
www.onehippo.com  •  www.onehippo.org  •  [hidden email]

Re: Mismatch between documentation and application

VJlatha
Hi
On

http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/documentation/development/plugin-development/user+interface/editing_template_plugin.html

Is the below step obsolete?

Make it available in the Document Type Editor

    * Navigate to the /hippo:namespaces/hippo/templatetype/hippo:template/hippo:template/list node
    * Add "Category" to the "templates" property
    * Add the "Developer" type to the defaultcontent:article type in the Document Type Editor
    * Enjoy!

----------------
There is

/hippo:namespaces/hippo/templatetype/hippo:template/hippo:template/list  does not exists.
/hippo:namespaces/hipposysedit/templatetype/editor:templates/_default_/list does exists

 there is no templates property ?

and on which node should the editor:editable be checked?
Thanks
VJ

Re: Mismatch between documentation and application

Vijay Kiran-3
Hi VJ,

Unfortunately the documentation out of date (as evident from the screenshot). Can you tell us what you are trying to achieve, may be I can give some pointers.

./Vijay

On Jul 27, 2011, at 12:08 AM, VJlatha wrote:

> Hi
> On
>
> http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/documentation/development/plugin-development/user+interface/editing_template_plugin.html
>
> Is the below step obsolete?
>
> Make it available in the Document Type Editor
>
>    * Navigate to the
> /hippo:namespaces/hippo/templatetype/hippo:template/hippo:template/list node
>    * Add "Category" to the "templates" property
>    * Add the "Developer" type to the defaultcontent:article type in the
> Document Type Editor
>    * Enjoy!
>

> ----------------
> There is
>
> /hippo:namespaces/hippo/templatetype/hippo:template/hippo:template/list
> does not exists.
> /hippo:namespaces/hipposysedit/templatetype/editor:templates/_default_/list
> does exists
>
> there is no templates property ?
>
> and on which node should the editor:editable be checked?
> Thanks
> VJ

Re: Mismatch between documentation and application

Ard
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Vijay Kiran <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi VJ,
>
> Unfortunately the documentation out of date (as evident from the screenshot). Can you tell us what you are trying to achieve, may be I can give some pointers.

Would it be much work to update that documentation page? I I'd rather
even delete it than having broken documentation on line. Either way, I
added a jira issue for it,

https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/CMS7-5391

Ard

> ./Vijay

Re: Mismatch between documentation and application

VJlatha
I am trying to create a editing template plugin as link to the document says
Thanks
VJ

Re: Mismatch between documentation and application

VJlatha
Hi

I am learning plugin development.
Thanks
VJ

Re: Mismatch between documentation and application

Frank van Lankvelt
a quick way to get started is to look at an existing one; see e.g.
https://forge.onehippo.org/gf/project/rating-field/
for a simple one.

cheers, Frank