Moving or renaming a document when published

Moving or renaming a document when published

Mathijs Brand
Hi guys,

Hope you can help me with some advise :)

In Hippo CMS a document has to be unpublished before you can move or
rename it. This makes sense to me when the path information is used
(in the url): a user can be unaware of making changes (to the url) in
the live environment.

However, when the path information is not used (in the url) as is the
case in my current project, is it then possible to allow an editor to
perform a move action when published? Or is this still strongly
discouraged?

Kind regards,
Mathijs Brand

Re: Moving or renaming a document when published

Wouter Danes-2
Everything workflow related seems document-local to me, so you're probably safe moving the handle and it's sub nodes to another location.
Handles actually don't even have workflow or at least you can't resolve WF for a handle node, so I'm also guessing it is possible to do so.

Re: Moving or renaming a document when published

Mathijs Brand
Thanks for the answer Wouter. It is however a bit different from what I was looking for and maybe I wasn't clear about this.
I'm not so much interested into moving a document through the console (which indeed provides the requested functionality), but want to enable editors to do so using the editor Hippo CMS UI.