Multi-Site Users/Groups/Roles

Hellagot
Hi there,

it would be kind if someone from the Hippo community could answer me a question about multi site, because i have tried so many cms until now in the search of this feature and i don't want to spend a lot of time again just to find out it doesn't work.

I am searching for a CMS that does give me 100% multi site, so what i mean is not just different templates and different content, but also different users, groups and roles and even backend per site. So if someone registered at site A does not have knowledge of the existence of site B.

Is this possible with Hippo?

Thanx in advance

Re: Multi-Site Users/Groups/Roles

Kenan Salic
Hi,

Yes, it is possible! We support Multi-lingual, multi-site, multi-domain and multi-channel. [1]

With the hippo authorization model you can create a setup which lets site A not know about site B.[2]

We also have a plug-in which supports a multi user/group setup in one of our projects. This will be available soon on our plugin forge.[3]

[3] http://forge.onehippo.org/

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Hellagot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there,

it would be kind if someone from the Hippo community could answer me a
question about multi site, because i have tried so many cms until now in the
search of this feature and i don't want to spend a lot of time again just to
find out it doesn't work.

I am searching for a CMS that does give me 100% multi site, so what i mean
is not just different templates and different content, but also different
users, groups and roles and even backend per site. So if someone registered
at site A does not have knowledge of the existence of site B.

Is this possible with Hippo?

Thanx in advance

Re: Multi-Site Users/Groups/Roles

Gerrit Berkouwer
Kenan,

this plugin 'Multi user/group setup' sound interesting! What does it do?

Kenan Salic wrote
Hi,

Yes, it is possible! We support Multi-lingual, multi-site, multi-domain and
multi-channel. [1]

With the hippo authorization model you can create a setup which lets site A
not know about site B.[2]

We also have a plug-in which supports a multi user/group setup in one of
our projects. This will be available soon on our plugin forge.[3]

[1]
https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/HST-2+Multi-lingual%2C+multi-site%2C+multi-domain+and+multi-channel+setup
[2]
https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Repository+Authorization+and+Permissions
[3] http://forge.onehippo.org/

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Hellagot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> it would be kind if someone from the Hippo community could answer me a
> question about multi site, because i have tried so many cms until now in
> the
> search of this feature and i don't want to spend a lot of time again just
> find out it doesn't work.
>
> I am searching for a CMS that does give me 100% multi site, so what i mean
> is not just different templates and different content, but also different
> users, groups and roles and even backend per site. So if someone registered
> at site A does not have knowledge of the existence of site B.
>
> Is this possible with Hippo?
>
> Thanx in advance

Re: Multi-Site Users/Groups/Roles

Kenan Salic
Hi Gerrit,

Yes, sorry I didn't eleborate that; In one of our projects we've made a plugin which support user management by group. So it allows users from a certain group to read, add, edit, delete users from the group which its a member of. We're still testing it thoroughly and I'd like add the plugin on the forge soon.

Regards,

-----

Re: Multi-Site Users/Groups/Roles

Gerrit Berkouwer
Kenan, at the moment we are designing several improvements for the user management. It would be very useful if we could take a quick look at your efforts and improvements. Is there any documentation about what the plugin does, functionally? So that we can decide what to do, either:

- use your plugin because it fits all our needs :-)
- try to further improve your plugin with our wishes
- start our own seperate improvements on user management

We start developing very soon, so I am in a bit of a hurry... hopefully you can help us out?

Greetz!

Re: Multi-Site Users/Groups/Roles

Kenan Salic
Hi Gerrit,

I'll try to mail you something before the end of the week.

Regards,

Kenan

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Gerrit Berkouwer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Kenan, at the moment we are designing several improvements for the user
management. It would be very useful if we could take a quick look at your
efforts and improvements. Is there any documentation about what the plugin
does, functionally? So that we can decide what to do, either:

- use your plugin because it fits all our needs :-)
- try to further improve your plugin with our wishes
- start our own seperate improvements on user management

We start developing very soon, so I am in a bit of a hurry... hopefully you
can help us out?

Greetz!

-----

Re: Multi-Site Users/Groups/Roles

Kenan Salic
Hi Gerrit,

We've are still to decide if we are going to put the plug-in on the forge or if we are going to integrate it with the CMS.

For now I'll give you a rip from my sources, since it's mostly configuration:

- NEW cnd, which extends hipposys:users and hipposys:goup (added new property "managedBy", this is the group which manages the users of that group)
- Domains, domainrules and facetrules
- Overwrite for User and UserDataProvider classes

Note this still experimental and not supported by Hippo yet.

Regards,

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Gerrit Berkouwer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Kenan, at the moment we are designing several improvements for the user
management. It would be very useful if we could take a quick look at your
efforts and improvements. Is there any documentation about what the plugin
does, functionally? So that we can decide what to do, either:

- use your plugin because it fits all our needs :-)
- try to further improve your plugin with our wishes
- start our own seperate improvements on user management

We start developing very soon, so I am in a bit of a hurry... hopefully you
can help us out?

Greetz!

-----

extended-user.zip (17K) Download Attachment

Re: Multi-Site Users/Groups/Roles

Frank van Lankvelt-2

On 12 dec. 2011, at 14:23, Kenan Salic <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Gerrit,

We've are still to decide if we are going to put the plug-in on the forge or if we are going to integrate it with the CMS.

If it can be easily plugged into the cms, then going for the forge should be a good option.  We will be moving a few (very) common plugins into the core, but that is mainly to synchronize release cycles and reduce configuration & maintenance overhead.

Since this functionality is still in development, a separate release cycle will give you more flexibility and rapid turnaround.

Cheers, Frank