New Hippo CMS 7.5 Release

Stephan Westen
Administrator
Hello Everybody,

With great pleasure and pride we announce the availability of the 7.5
GA Hippo CMS release. This release is intended for developers who want
to get a head-start with Hippo CMS 7.5, while we’re still in the
progress of updating our websites, documentation and marketing
material.

This version includes the following major new features:
1) Template Composer allowing end-user to change the page template
layout in the website
2) Translation support: Out-of-the-box support for multiple
translations of documents and folders. Key to our approach is that we
allow a different hierarchy per language with support for relations
between them.
3) Jackrabbit 2.1
4) HST REST engine
5) HST JAAS Login Module and Form-based Login Servlet support
6) Out-of-the-box cross domain and channel aware linking, even between
multiple hosts
7) Full out-of-the-box support for multi-domain and
multi-site/multi-channel HST configuration
8) Support for Freemarker templates, also stored in the repository or classpath
9) Locale support per (sub)site
10) Automated annotated bean scanning (special thanks to Jettro
Coenradie for his patch)
11) An HST mock module for easy unit test creation (special thanks to
Rob van der Linden Vooren as the main contributor and Jeroen Reijn for
supplying us with the patch)
12) Built in HST support for security, configurable per (sub)site
13) New gallery image set, storing width and height in image resources
and support

For a quick overview of the HST 2.20 enhancements and new features see
the following link:
http://wiki.onehippo.com/display/HST2/HST+2.20+-+Enhancements+and+new+Features

Besides fixing several minor issues in the CMS and HST, we also
improved several plugins. Forge plugins for sites can now be
completely pluggable and work entirely self-contained. Check out the
Forge on http://forge.onehippo.org/

We also made a lot of progress at a development level:
1) we greatly restructured our maven artifacts. We introduced a maven
cms7-project master pom used by all cms7 projects and a maven
cms7-release pom version 7.5.0. The latter defines complete dependency
managed for all artifacts for the 7.5.0 release; repository, cms, hst
and most common plugins. In addition it predefines all maven
repositories you’ll need. This cms7-release pom can be used as parent
pom for your custom cms7 projects, to upgrade to a newer cms7 version
in the future you then only need to change the version for this parent
pom.
2) relocated our svn source trees to get the CMS and HST more in sync

We added lots of HST documentation to the wiki. See
http://wiki.onehippo.com/display/HST2/Home
It is not yet complete, but you will find valuable information there.

Getting Started
============
To try out the new functionality of Hippo CMS 7.5 see instructions on
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/documentation/quickstart.html

To create a new Hippo CMS site use the maven archetype, see instructions on
https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/HST2/Project+Generation+with+HST-2+Maven+Archetypes

Upgrade Instructions
================
Hippo CMS 7.5 is 100% backward compatible with version 7.4. Check out the
instructions on http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/documentation/upgrading/7.4-to-7.5

Upgrading the HST is more complicated. HST 2.20 is not backward
compatible with the previous 2.05 version. There is a description how
to upgrade your HST configuration described on the wiki:
http://wiki.onehippo.com/display/HST2/Upgrading+HST-2+SITE+Application+Configurations+From+2.05+To+2.20
If it is first the time you upgrade a site it might take you a day. If
you need help, do not hesitate to contact us.

API changes that might impact plugins
==============================
Plugins that provide specific folder views, e.g. to show more detailed
information of documents in a folder, should now implement column
providers. See http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/documentation/upgrading/7.4-to-7.5/folder-column-providers.html
for details.
Custom gallery image sets, e.g. used when multiple sizes of an image
should be available, should migrate to the new hippogallery:imageset.
Details can be found in the upgrade instructions at
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/documentation/upgrading/7.4-to-7.5/gallery-imageset.html.

Known limitations
==============
Besides the issues listed in Jira and attached as file, there is one
issue worth mentioning specifically:
- Drag & drop in the Template Composer has some issues on Internet Explorer 7

Final Words
=========
Within some weeks we make the 7.5 compatible Go Green on our website
publicly available.

Furthermore everybody thanks for giving input and reporting issues on
the public forum.

Enjoy!

The Hippo Team

Hippo CMS 7.5 fixed issues.txt (37K) Download Attachment

Re: New Hippo CMS 7.5 Release

ngapaillard
Hi,

I tried to checkout the last hst release but it seems that the link is broken:

http://svn.onehippo.org/repos/hippo/hippo-cms7/site-toolkit/tags/Release-HSTTWO-v2_20_00

Maybe it is:

http://svn.onehippo.org/repos/hippo/hippo-cms7/site-toolkit/tags/hst-2.20.00 ?

Can you confirm that is the good one ?

Thank you.

Re: New Hippo CMS 7.5 Release

Frank van Lankvelt
thanks for reporting; I've updated the page with the URL you suggested.

cheers, Frnak

?

Can you confirm that is the good one ?

Thank you.

Hippo Europe  •  Amsterdam  Oosteinde 11  •  1017 WT Amsterdam  •  +31 (0)20 522 4466
USA  • San Francisco 755 Baywood Drive, Second Floor •  Petaluma, CA. 94954 •  +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Canada    •   Montréal  5369 Boulevard St-Laurent #430 •  Montréal QC H2T 1S5  •  +1 (514) 316 8966
www.onehippo.com  •  www.onehippo.org  •  [hidden email]

Re: New Hippo CMS 7.5 Release

Ard
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Frank van Lankvelt
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> thanks for reporting; I've updated the page with the URL you suggested.

Also note that you can start with the archetype for the 7.5 as described here:

https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/HST2/Project+Generation+with+HST-2+Maven+Archetypes

Regards Ard

> cheers, Frnak
>
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:48 PM, ngapaillard <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I tried to checkout the last hst release but it seems that the link is
>> broken:
>>

>> http://svn.onehippo.org/repos/hippo/hippo-cms7/site-toolkit/tags/Release-HSTTWO-v2_20_00
>>
>> Maybe it is:
>>

>> http://svn.onehippo.org/repos/hippo/hippo-cms7/site-toolkit/tags/hst-2.20.00
>> ?
>>
>> Can you confirm that is the good one ?
>>
>> Thank you.

> Hippo Europe  •  Amsterdam  Oosteinde 11  •  1017 WT Amsterdam  •  +31 (0)20
> 522 4466
> USA  • San Francisco 755 Baywood Drive, Second Floor •  Petaluma, CA. 94954
> •  +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
> Canada    •   Montréal  5369 Boulevard St-Laurent #430 •  Montréal QC H2T
> 1S5  •  +1 (514) 316 8966
> www.onehippo.com  •  www.onehippo.org  •  [hidden email]

USA  • San Francisco 755 Baywood Drive, Second Floor •  Petaluma, CA.
94954 •  +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Canada    •   Montréal  5369 Boulevard St-Laurent #430 •  Montréal QC
H2T 1S5  •  +1 (514) 316 8966
www.onehippo.com  •  www.onehippo.org  •  [hidden email]

Re: New Hippo CMS 7.5 Release

Hi Stephan,

exactly three weeks have passed since your nice announcement. Any news on official lauch or a 7.5 demo Go Green version ? We have to plan our international website version fast and 'need' this :-)...

Re: New Hippo CMS 7.5 Release

Stephan Westen
Administrator
Hi Gerrit,

We are ironing out the last few remaining issues in the GoGreen. These issues are mainly GoGreen content and configuration related and not targeted towards the code.
The final tags are set this week. Up to Marketing to decide when we make the GoGreen publicly available.

Of course you can already start using the new 7.5 release for a new project. Next, the HST demosuite as described on the Getting Started pages demonstrates the new main features like translation. Or do you expect something in particular from the GoGreen to start? Perhaps I can help?

thank you,

Stephan

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Gerrit Berkouwer <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Stephan,

exactly three weeks have passed since your nice announcement. Any news on
official lauch or a 7.5 demo Go Green version ? We have to plan our
international website version fast and 'need' this :-)...

-----

thanks,

Stephan

Re: New Hippo CMS 7.5 Release

minos
Please note that the page for the 7.5 archetype was moved here:
https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Getting+started+with+Hippo+CMS+7

Minos