Portals meetup during ApacheConEU2009 in Amsterdam

Portals meetup during ApacheConEU2009 in Amsterdam

Ate Douma-3
Dear Hippo Portal community,

The ApacheCon EU 2009 committee has asked the Apache Portals comunnity if it is interested to organize another community meetup like the
very successful one last year, see:

   http://wiki.apache.org/portals/MeetupAmsterdam2008

For this year, we are offered a 3 hour slot in the evening on either Monday March 23 or Tuesday March 24, hosted in the ApacheCon conference
hotel, from 19:00 until 22:00.
The conference is held in in the Mövenpick hotel, near the central train station.

If there's enough interest, presentations and sponsors we can let this
meetup take place. So to make this happen we need:
  - enough people that want to attend the meetup
  - enough people that want to give a presentation at the meetup
  - companies that want to sponsor the meetup

The (formal) deadline for the meetup is next monday, so we need to make this a quick process.

Ideally presentations are about 20-30 minutes, but shorter or longer presentations are fine. Just propose and we'll discuss the details (if
you wish, contact me off list).

I've created a new wiki page where you can register your interest and presentation or event proposals:

  http://wiki.apache.org/portals/MeetupAmsterdam2009

or you can reply directly to this email using the form below and I'll add it to the wiki page:

[ ] I'll attend the 23rd
[ ] I'll attend the 24th
[ ] I want to present xyz on the 23rd
[ ] I want to present xyz on the 24th

If you want to sponsor this event, please contact me off list and I'll hook you up with the right people.
Sponsoring the event is not expensive: a recruiter costs more, and you become an official ApacheCon sponsor!
Consider all the Apache software your company uses and then think about all the money you've saved during all those years.
Give back to the community and sponsor this event!

Let's make this happen!

Ate

--
[hidden email]  www.onehippo.com

Amsterdam     - Hippo B.V. Oosteinde 11 1017 WT Amsterdam +31(0)20-5224466
San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q Petaluma CA 94952-5100 +1(877) 41-HIPPO