Problem building from source

12

Problem building from source

Andriesse, Mischa
Hi All,

I'm trying to get aquinted with  Hippo CMS 7, but I already ran in to
trouble: when trying to compile from the source code with the command

mvn package

I get an error:

Provider message:
The svn command failed.
Command output:
svn: '.' is not a working copy

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot get the revision information from the scm repository :
Error!

[INFO]
[INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch [INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 9 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Feb 05 15:20:58 CET 2009 [INFO] Final Memory:
18M/254M [INFO]

drs. M S.P.(Mischa) Andriesse
Consultant

KPMG CT Information Technology B.V.
Handelsregister 33294091

Churchillplein 6
2517 JW Den Haag

Tel       +31 70 338 2249
Fax      +31 70 338 2177
Mobile  +31 6 26086836

[hidden email]

The information in this e-mail (and any attachments) is intended exclusively for the addressee(s). Any use by a party other than the addressee(s) is prohibited. The information may be confidential in nature and fall under a duty of non-disclosure. If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail.
KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure and error-free and does not accept any liability for damages resulting from the use of e-mail. Our services and other work are carried out under an agreement of instruction (overeenkomst van opdracht) that is subject to the general terms and conditions of the contracting KPMG firm. These general terms and conditions are available on our website (www.kpmg.nl/algemenevoorwaarden) and will be forwarded upon request.The statutory names of the KPMG-firms and the trade register numbers are also stated on our website, on the same page as the general terms.

Agreements with and statements from KPMG are only legally binding upon KPMG if they are confirmed in writing and signed by an authorized person.

Re: Problem building from source

Hi Micha,

Andriesse, Mischa wrote
I get an error:

Provider message:
The svn command failed.
Command output:
svn: '.' is not a working copy
This looks like something is wrong with your SVN folder. Are you sure that you are in the correct folder?
Take a look at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/374313/svn-error-not-a-working-copy for some pointers.

If you found the solution to your problem, please let us know how you fixed it!

Arjé

[Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Problem building from source

Niels van Kampenhout
arjecahn wrote:

> Hi Micha,
>

> Andriesse, Mischa wrote:
>> I get an error:
>>
>> Provider message:
>> The svn command failed.
>> Command output:
>> svn: '.' is not a working copy
>>

> This looks like something is wrong with your SVN folder. Are you sure that
> you are in the correct folder?
> Take a look at
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/374313/svn-error-not-a-working-copy
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/374313/svn-error-not-a-working-copy  for
> some pointers.
>
> If you found the solution to your problem, please let us know how you fixed
> it!

Probably you checked out the code using 'svn export' so you have no svn
metadata inside the project folder. And probably maven tries to get the
svn revision to generate the build number or something (wild guess)?

IMHO the code should be buildable without svn installed.

In the meantime, check out the code using 'svn checkout' instead of 'svn
export'.

Niels

Re: [Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Problem building from source

(Berry) A.W. van Halderen
On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 07:49:44AM -0800, Niels van Kampenhout wrote:
> arjecahn wrote:
> Probably you checked out the code using 'svn export' so you have no svn
> metadata inside the project folder. And probably maven tries to get the
> svn revision to generate the build number or something (wild guess)?

Correct, amongst others, it also validates the <scm> section information
and certain other plugins also need the .svn information (mvn site or
mvn release, for instance).

\Berry

> IMHO the code should be buildable without svn installed.
>
> In the meantime, check out the code using 'svn checkout' instead of 'svn
> export'.
>
> Niels

Berry A.W. van Halderen       [hidden email] / [hidden email]
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the opinion
or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have been following
him all day.

RE: [Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Problem buildingfrom source

Andriesse, Mischa
I followed the instructions on this page:
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/delve_into/core/building/maven.html

So I created and edited the file c:\Documents and
Settings\andriesse.mischa\.m2\settings.xml
With the content as given on the page and then in command-line:

svn co http://svn.onehippo.org/repos/hippo/hippo-ecm/trunk hippo-ecm
cd hippo-ecm
mvn package

as specified on the page. I got (after some downloads):

[INFO]   Hippo ECM BIN quickstart
[INFO]   Migration Tool
[INFO]   Dropbox
[INFO]   Eclipse utilities
[INFO]   Archetypes
[INFO]   Addon archetype
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building Hippo ECM
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [buildnumber:create {execution: id1}]
[INFO] Checking for local modifications: skipped.
[INFO] Updating project files from SCM: skipped.
Provider message:
The svn command failed.
Command output:
svn: '.' is not a working copy

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot get the revision information from the scm repository :
Error!

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 7 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Feb 05 17:19:15 CET 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 18M/254M
[INFO]

So I did use 'checkout' rather than 'export'

drs. M S.P.(Mischa) Andriesse
Consultant

KPMG CT Information Technology B.V.
Handelsregister 33294091

Churchillplein 6
2517 JW Den Haag

Tel       +31 70 338 2249
Fax      +31 70 338 2177
Mobile  +31 6 26086836

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 07:49:44AM -0800, Niels van Kampenhout wrote:
> arjecahn wrote:
> Probably you checked out the code using 'svn export' so you have no
svn
> metadata inside the project folder. And probably maven tries to get
the
> svn revision to generate the build number or something (wild guess)?

Correct, amongst others, it also validates the <scm> section information
and certain other plugins also need the .svn information (mvn site or
mvn release, for instance).

\Berry

> IMHO the code should be buildable without svn installed.
>
> In the meantime, check out the code using 'svn checkout' instead of
'svn
> export'.
>
> Niels

Berry A.W. van Halderen       [hidden email] /
[hidden email]
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the
opinion
or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have been
following
him all day.
The information in this e-mail (and any attachments) is intended exclusively for the addressee(s). Any use by a party other than the addressee(s) is prohibited. The information may be confidential in nature and fall under a duty of non-disclosure. If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail.
KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure and error-free and does not accept any liability for damages resulting from the use of e-mail. Our services and other work are carried out under an agreement of instruction (overeenkomst van opdracht) that is subject to the general terms and conditions of the contracting KPMG firm. These general terms and conditions are available on our website (www.kpmg.nl/algemenevoorwaarden) and will be forwarded upon request.The statutory names of the KPMG-firms and the trade register numbers are also stated on our website, on the same page as the general terms.

Agreements with and statements from KPMG are only legally binding upon KPMG if they are confirmed in writing and signed by an authorized person.

RE: [Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Problem buildingfromsource

Andriesse, Mischa
Strange.. Works fine under linux.

But I need it under windows xp, too.

drs. M S.P.(Mischa) Andriesse
Consultant

KPMG CT Information Technology B.V.
Handelsregister 33294091

Churchillplein 6
2517 JW Den Haag

Tel       +31 70 338 2249
Fax      +31 70 338 2177
Mobile  +31 6 26086836

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 07:49:44AM -0800, Niels van Kampenhout wrote:
> arjecahn wrote:
> Probably you checked out the code using 'svn export' so you have no
svn
> metadata inside the project folder. And probably maven tries to get
the
> svn revision to generate the build number or something (wild guess)?

Correct, amongst others, it also validates the <scm> section information
and certain other plugins also need the .svn information (mvn site or
mvn release, for instance).

\Berry

> IMHO the code should be buildable without svn installed.
>
> In the meantime, check out the code using 'svn checkout' instead of
'svn
> export'.
>
> Niels

Berry A.W. van Halderen       [hidden email] /
[hidden email]
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the
opinion
or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have been
following
him all day.
The information in this e-mail (and any attachments) is intended exclusively for the addressee(s). Any use by a party other than the addressee(s) is prohibited. The information may be confidential in nature and fall under a duty of non-disclosure. If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail.
KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure and error-free and does not accept any liability for damages resulting from the use of e-mail. Our services and other work are carried out under an agreement of instruction (overeenkomst van opdracht) that is subject to the general terms and conditions of the contracting KPMG firm. These general terms and conditions are available on our website (www.kpmg.nl/algemenevoorwaarden) and will be forwarded upon request.The statutory names of the KPMG-firms and the trade register numbers are also stated on our website, on the same page as the general terms.

Agreements with and statements from KPMG are only legally binding upon KPMG if they are confirmed in writing and signed by an authorized person.

Re: [Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Problem buildingfromsource

Hi Mischa,

> Strange.. Works fine under linux.
>
> But I need it under windows xp, too.

By default, we always test on Windows XP next to Linux. So that should
really not be the issue. I just checked again on my machine (XP) and
that works.

Can you post the contents of your settings.xml? And what versions of
Maven / Java are you using?

Arje

Re: [Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Problem buildingfromsource

Siarhei Dudzin
Just FYI, we achieved best results building from the latest release branch (not trunk) and using maven 2.0.9 and java 6 (XP and Mac-OS).

Best regards,
Siarhei Dudzin,

Iprofs BV.
Claus Sluterweg 125
2012 WS Haarlem
www.iprofs.nl

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Arje Cahn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mischa,

> Strange.. Works fine under linux.
>
> But I need it under windows xp, too.

By default, we always test on Windows XP next to Linux. So that should
really not be the issue. I just checked again on my machine (XP) and
that works.

Can you post the contents of your settings.xml? And what versions of
Maven / Java are you using?

Arje

Re: [Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Problem building from source

Rogier Peters
I agree with Niels that the code should be buildable without the svn connection, and yes, it seems the buildnumber plug needs an svn connection or fails.
I don't really see the use of the buildnumber plugin, but if it is for (internal) development purposes I'd recommend 'hiding' it in a profile

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 09:18:20AM +0100, Rogier Peters wrote:
> I agree with Niels that the code should be buildable without the svn
> connection, and yes, it seems the buildnumber plug needs an svn connection
> or fails.
> I don't really see the use of the buildnumber plugin, but if it is for
> (internal) development purposes I'd recommend 'hiding' it in a profile

There should be no need to build Hippo ECM AT ALL, unless your developing
the core, which means by very nature you need svn (how other would you
create a patch to send back?).  The packaged versions, available from our
maven repository is all that's needed (Niels: I agree we should also distribute
source-jars) and are the only supported versions.

The buildnumber plugin we really, really want, because I dont again want to debug
.class files for which there is no source available anymore because no one knows
from which version something was patched/ forked off.  Yes, that happens,
buildnumbers avoid this.

Besides, it is not only the buildnumber plugin, also building the site requires
scm validation.

\Berry

PS. profiles don't work well with releasing and branching which the maven
plugins, the current profiles used are already a drag.

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 5:08 PM, (Berry) A.W. van Halderen <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 07:49:44AM -0800, Niels van Kampenhout wrote:
> > > arjecahn wrote:
> > > Probably you checked out the code using 'svn export' so you have no svn
> > > metadata inside the project folder. And probably maven tries to get the
> > > svn revision to generate the build number or something (wild guess)?
> >
> > Correct, amongst others, it also validates the <scm> section information
> > and certain other plugins also need the .svn information (mvn site or
> > mvn release, for instance).
> >
> > \Berry
> >
> > > IMHO the code should be buildable without svn installed.
> > >
> > > In the meantime, check out the code using 'svn checkout' instead of 'svn
> > > export'.
> > >
> > > Niels
> >
> > --
> > Berry A.W. van Halderen       [hidden email] /
> > [hidden email]
> > Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the
> > opinion
> > or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have been
> > following
> > him all day.

Berry A.W. van Halderen       [hidden email] / [hidden email]
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the opinion
or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have been following
him all day.

Re: Re: [Hippo-cms7-user BETA] Problembuildingfromsource

Bart van der Schans
Hi Mischa,

I too build the cms on a daily basis on windows xp, so it seems there is
something strange going on with your build environment. Do you have the
svn (command line) client installed? Is it available in your path? I.e.
can you type 'svn --version' on your command prompt?

Regards,
Bart

On 5-2-2009 18:41, Andriesse, Mischa wrote:

> Strange.. Works fine under linux.
>
> But I need it under windows xp, too.
>
> drs. M S.P.(Mischa) Andriesse
> Consultant
>
> KPMG CT Information Technology B.V.
> Handelsregister 33294091
>
> Churchillplein 6
> 2517 JW Den Haag
>
> Tel +31 70 338 2249
> Fax +31 70 338 2177
> Mobile +31 6 26086836
>
> [hidden email]

Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466

Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646

Re: Re: [Hippo-cms7-user BETA] Problem building from source

> There should be no need to build Hippo ECM AT ALL [..]

I think this statement is bit too hard. Of course there can be
situations in which one wants to be able to build without SVN access.
There are plenty of reasons to build Hippo ECM, and I would encourage
anyone to do so :)

> [.. ] I dont again want to debug .class files for which there is no source available anymore because no one knows
> from which version something was patched/ forked off.

Very understandable. I think no one would disagree on this point.

> PS. profiles don't work well with releasing and branching which the maven
> plugins, the current profiles used are already a drag.

Why? I thought profiles were meant for situations like this. There
must be a way to make this useful?

Arje

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 11:30:39AM +0100, Arje Cahn wrote:
> > There should be no need to build Hippo ECM AT ALL [..]
> I think this statement is bit too hard.

I need to clarify,
- I do want to have a build which is easily accessible and works easily;
- People should be encouraged to build to play around with the sources,
  even of the branches;
- The packaged products should be THE source to build extensions on;
  therefor is should not be necessary to build hippo ecm at all
  to build a custom project.  No more forking off from existing projects.
  (this is what the source of my statement was, the packaged products
  are the supported ones);
- When building Hippo ECM from scratch, a minimal set of build tools
  should be considered prerequisites (java, maven, svn, internet (once to
  download maven dependencies)).

If my statement gave a wrong impression, than I'm totally at fault there.

\Berry
--
Berry A.W. van Halderen       [hidden email] / [hidden email]
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the opinion
or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have been following
him all day.

RE: [Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Problem buildingfrom source

hippouser
I made some change in the source code for some customization and I built it with mvn package - as soon as I use the jars generated by this compile/packaging, it throws a ClassCastException like below - any idea why this would be so - it was a perfect build with NO errors. If I changed something in a single class in the engine ( not in the class below that throws the exception) and change the hippo-ecm-repository-engine version.jar  alone, why does it throw this error? Any Clues. There are NO other conflicting versions/jars in the path.  Thanks.

10.03.2009 00:20:53 DEBUG [org.hippoecm.repository.Modules.setModules():119]   o
rg.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.FacetSubSearchProvider
10.03.2009 00:20:53 DEBUG [org.hippoecm.repository.Modules.setModules():119]   o
rg.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.MirrorVirtualProvider
10.03.2009 00:20:53 DEBUG [org.hippoecm.repository.Modules.setModules():119]   o
rg.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.SubtypedDataProvider
10.03.2009 00:20:53 DEBUG [org.hippoecm.repository.Modules.setModules():119]   o
rg.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.ViewVirtualProvider
10.03.2009 00:20:53 DEBUG [org.hippoecm.repository.Modules.setModules():119]   o
rg.hippoecm.repository.quartz.SchedulerModule
10.03.2009 00:20:53 DEBUG [org.hippoecm.repository.Modules.setModules():119]   o
rg.hippoecm.repository.upgrade.M8Begin
10.03.2009 00:20:53 DEBUG [org.hippoecm.repository.Modules.setModules():119]   o
rg.hippoecm.repository.upgrade.M8Bootstrap
10.03.2009 00:20:53 DEBUG [org.hippoecm.repository.Modules.setModules():119]   o
rg.hippoecm.repository.upgrade.M8End
10.03.2009 00:20:53 DEBUG [org.hippoecm.repository.Modules.setModules():119]   o
rg.hippoecm.repository.upgrade.M8Namespace
10.03.2009 00:20:53 DEBUG [org.hippoecm.repository.Modules.setModules():119]   o
rg.hippoecm.repository.upgrade.M8Process
SYSTEM_CONFIG_PROP: null
10.03.2009 00:20:53 INFO  [org.hippoecm.repository.LocalHippoRepository.getRepos
itoryConfigAsStream():233] Using file repository config: file://c:/repository.xm
Using file repository config: file://c:/repository.xml
SYS_PATH_PROP path: null
10.03.2009 00:20:53 INFO  [org.hippoecm.repository.LocalHippoRepository.getRepos
itoryPath():194] Using repository path: C:\software\iceHippoWikiNodetypes\apache
-tomcat-6.0.16\webapps\repository-init\WEB-INF\storage
10.03.2009 00:20:55 ERROR [org.hippoecm.repository.RepositoryServlet.init():173]
 Error while setting up JCR repository:
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.HippoSharedIte
mStateManager: org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.HippoSharedItemStateManager: o
rg.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.HippoSharedItemStateManager
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.initializeQueryHandler(Searc
hManager.java:575)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.<init>(SearchManager.java:25
5)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.getSearchMana
ger(RepositoryImpl.java:1600)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.getSe
archManager(RepositoryImpl.java:199)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initWorkspace(RepositoryImp
l.java:599)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initStartupWorkspaces(Repos
itoryImpl.java:408)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:
304)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryIm
pl.java:64)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.LocalHippoRepository$LocalRepositoryImpl.<ini
t>(LocalHippoRepository.java:247)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.LocalHippoRepository.initialize(LocalHippoRep
ository.java:262)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.LocalHippoRepository.<init>(LocalHippoReposit
ory.java:149)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.LocalHippoRepository.create(LocalHippoReposit
ory.java:157)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.HippoRepositoryFactory.getHippoRepository(Hip
poRepositoryFactory.java:175)
        at org.hippoecm.repository.RepositoryServlet.init(RepositoryServlet.java
:147)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.
java:1161)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:98
1)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContex
t.java:4058)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4
364)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase
.java:791)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:77
1)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.ja
va:626)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.j
ava:553)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:488
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1147)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
:311)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:117)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443
)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:5
16)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.hippoecm.repository.jackrabbit.Hipp
oSharedItemStateManager
        at org.hippoecm.repository.FacetedNavigationEngineThirdImpl.doInit(Facet
edNavigationEngineThirdImpl.java:278)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.AbstractQueryHandler.init(AbstractQu
eryHandler.java:48)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.initializeQueryHandler(Searc
hManager.java:573)
        ... 43 more
[...]

eSupport.java:117)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)

Re: Re: Problem buildingfrom source

Frank van Lankvelt
We're not in the business of supporting closed-source forks of the Hippo ECM code.
If you can't figure it out for yourself, I suggest to just take the code as it is and submit a feature request or contact our sales department.

cheers, Frank

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 5:25 AM, hippouser <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

what Frank is trying to say, is that it's pretty hard for us to figure
out why you get a ClassCastException since, we do not know what piece of
the code you changed. We're trying to obtain a solid code base, where
other developers can extend our components and do not have to touch the
actual Hippo core.

Maybe you can elaborate on what you're trying to achieve, because there
might be a nice solution without having to touch the Hippo core and just
add an add-on to the CMS system.

Frank van Lankvelt wrote:

> [...]
>     va:626)
>            at
>     org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.j
>     ava:553)
>            at
>     org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:488
>     )
>            at
>     org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1147)
>            at
>     org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
>     :311)
>            at
>     org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
>     eSupport.java:117)
>            at
>     org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)

Ard
The problem you have seems to me to be related to the MANIFEST in the
modules jar. This should get you going

Cheers

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Jeroen Reijn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>    va:626)
>>           at
>>    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.j
>>    ava:553)
>>           at
>>    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:488
>>    )
>>           at
>>    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1147)
>>           at
>>    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
>>    :311)
>>           at
>>    org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
>>    eSupport.java:117)
>>           at
>>    org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)

Ok, What I am trying to do is to leverage the Hippo Repository as a repository for a different application - - so I would like to load my nodetypes and my own cnd instead of the hippo node types.
At this stage, I haven't really forked any of the code, I just called HippoRepository.getRepository and instead of the hippo namespaces and cnd in the LocalHippoRepository file, I added my own namespaces and cnd.

Why would this raise the Class Cast exception. I have not changed HippoSharedItemManager or any of the other modules/engines.

Appreciate your help and any pointers!!

Jeroen Reijn wrote
Hi,

Frank van Lankvelt wrote:
> [...]
>     va:626)
>            at
>     org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.j
>     ava:553)
>            at
>     org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:488
>     )
>            at
>     org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1147)
>            at
>     org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
>     :311)
>            at
>     org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
>     eSupport.java:117)
>            at
>     org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)

Ard,

 Thanks for your response.  Are you saying I should add teh HippoSharedItemStateManager to this manifest or to the maven plugin that addes this to the manifest.

Thanks!

Ard wrote

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Jeroen Reijn <j.reijn@onehippo.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>    va:626)
>>           at
>>    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.j
>>    ava:553)
>>           at
>>    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:488
>>    )
>>           at
>>    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1147)
>>           at
>>    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
>>    :311)
>>           at
>>    org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
>>    eSupport.java:117)
>>           at
>>    org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)

Using custom nodetypes is very well supported by the plugin mechanism.  You don't need to touch any code to do this.
Read http://docs.onehippo.org/cms7/delve_into/web/add-ons/howto/editing_template.html on how to create a JAR that, when it is put on the repository classpath, will initialize the repository with the node types you need.
If you don't need the CMS, you can do without the *-namespace.xml file that contains the backend templates.  Be sure to remove the corresponding entry from the hippoecm-extension.xml.

cheers, Frank

Jeroen Reijn wrote:

> [...]
>>     va:626)
>>            at
>>     org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.j
>>     ava:553)
>>            at
>>     org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:488
>>     )
>>            at
>>     org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1147)
>>            at
>>     org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
>>     :311)
>>            at
>>     org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
>>     eSupport.java:117)
>>            at
>>     org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)

12