Problem with Channel Manager on separate deployed cms and site

Problem with Channel Manager on separate deployed cms and site

Timur
I'm using following work environments:

 - two different hosts named master (192.168.1.97) and slave (192.168.1.192)
 - site webapp deployed on slave host
 - cms+repository+site proxy on master host
 - site connecting to repository via rmi (rmi://192.168.1.97:1099/hipporepository)

Site Proxy is simple webapp, consists with single ProxyServlet. This servlet redirects all calls to http://master:8080/site (/site/_rp/*, /site/_cmsinternal) to different host (http://slave:8080/site).

I've modified cms to enable hst components (adding hst-server-dependencies to classpath + HstSiteConfigServlet to web.xml), changing org.hippoecm.hst.core.container.CmsSecurityValve and Channel Manager now partial working.

When I press Edit channel button data in repository changing as expected (I can see new node [my project name]-preview in /cms/console) but for some unknown reason toolbar in channel manager perspective don't switch to Edit mode. If I restarting cms or site then toolbar shows correct behaviour (I can see Save,Publish,Discard buttons).

Please explain, what I should do to actualize (refresh) page model in cms channel manager perspective accordingly data in repository? (I'm using hippo-cms7-release 7.7.6)

Re: Problem with Channel Manager on separate deployed cms and site

Timur

Added sequence diagram

Re: Problem with Channel Manager on separate deployed cms and site

Frank van Lankvelt
can you verify if all http headers are (reverse) proxied correctly?
In your browser console, there might also be some log messages with
more information.

cheers, Frank

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Timur <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm using following work environments:
>
>  - two different hosts named master (192.168.1.97) and slave (192.168.1.192)
>  - site webapp deployed on slave host
>  - cms+repository+site proxy on master host
>  - site connecting to repository via rmi
> (rmi://192.168.1.97:1099/hipporepository)
>
> Site Proxy is simple webapp, consists with single ProxyServlet. This servlet
> redirects all calls to http://master:8080/site (/site/_rp/*,
> /site/_cmsinternal) to different host (http://slave:8080/site).
>
> I've modified cms to enable hst components (adding hst-server-dependencies
> to classpath + HstSiteConfigServlet to web.xml), changing
> org.hippoecm.hst.core.container.CmsSecurityValve and Channel Manager now
> partial working.
>
> When I press Edit channel button data in repository changing as expected (I
> can see new node [my project name]-preview in /cms/console) but for some
> unknown reason toolbar in channel manager perspective don't switch to Edit
> mode. If I restarting cms or site then toolbar shows correct behaviour (I
> can see Save,Publish,Discard buttons).
>
> Please explain, what I should do to actualize (refresh) page model in cms
> channel manager perspective accordingly data in repository? (I'm using
> hippo-cms7-release 7.7.6)

Hi,

looking at your diagram this is not really a setup we support. RMI is
really slow for connecting to the repository. Especially if you want a
well performing website. If you would like to know more about advanced
setups or deployments you can contact our support department and we'll
be happy to help you out and set things up to give you the best
experience.

For more information see: http://www.onehippo.com/en/services/support
and http://www.onehippo.org/7_8/library/deployment/deploy-a-project.html

Tnx for the reply, yes I've verified all headers, it's ok. Furthermore all json responces returns without any errors. Seems like problem is in the page model on cms side (page model refreshing on special events, not every time when page rendered). When site and cms deployed on the same tomcat, jcr session is shared between cms and site and all changes available at once. Looks like when webapps on different tomcats we need produce additional event in cms to refresh page model state. Please correct me if it's not so.

Re: Problem with Channel Manager on separate deployed cms and site

Timur
Hi Jeroen,

Tnx for your reply, yes RMI is really slow but I'm using RMI only for configuring. Site uses different approach to data access (hibernate+postgres). I need cms only for change layout and edit several static pages. Tell me please, there is such a way to refresh page model on cms?