Problem with the ldap plugin: ClassCastException in console

Problem with the ldap plugin: ClassCastException in console

jettro
Hi all,
I am experimenting with the ldap plugin of Hippo. IT seems to do it's job, I can get users authenticated, however when trying to have a look at one of the users in the console I get de following error message. Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong?

thanks, Jettro

CMS 2012-01-17 10:27:45,890 ERROR [org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle] org.hippoecm.frontend.model.tree.LabelTreeNode cannot be cast to org.hippoecm.frontend.model.tree.IJcrTreeNode
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.hippoecm.frontend.model.tree.LabelTreeNode cannot be cast to org.hippoecm.frontend.model.tree.IJcrTreeNode
        at org.hippoecm.frontend.plugins.console.browser.BrowserPlugin$BrowserTree.populateTreeItem(BrowserPlugin.java:133)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.tree.AbstractTree$TreeItem.<init>(AbstractTree.java:136)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.tree.AbstractTree.newTreeItem(AbstractTree.java:1549)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.tree.AbstractTree.buildTreeItems(AbstractTree.java:1225)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.tree.AbstractTree.buildItemChildren(AbstractTree.java:1194)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.tree.AbstractTree.onTargetRespond(AbstractTree.java:1091)
        at org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxRequestTarget.respond(AjaxRequestTarget.java:557)
        at org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.respond(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:105)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:1258)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1329)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1436)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:545)
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:486)
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:319)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:370)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.hippoecm.frontend.ResourceRewriteFilter.doFilter(ResourceRewriteFilter.java:129)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.hippoecm.frontend.plugins.login.ConcurrentLoginFilter.doFilter(ConcurrentLoginFilter.java:54)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Re: Problem with the ldap plugin: ClassCastException in console

b.vanderschans@onehippo.com
Hi Jettro,

There is nothing in stack that relates to ldap. Also the ldap addon[1]
doesn't contain any code related to the frontend model classes.  So
probably something else is going on here...

Bart

[1] https://svn.onehippo.org/repos/hippo/hippo-cms7/repository/trunk/ldap/

jettro
But I am sure that it happens to the users after I have synchronized them using ldap. I'll do some more investigation myself. But hints are welcome.

Re: Problem with the ldap plugin: ClassCastException in console

jettro
I have found the issue. The problem is the amount of submodes in a query. This is limited to 2000, the query returns 2001 results. The final result is a label with the message that there are more results. This label node cannot be cast to the required tree node and therefore the console cannot show the user objects.

This is the value: ... 7064 more ...

Is it possible to store the users synchronized with ldap in multiple folders? Or increase the amount of items returned. We have around 10.000 users that we need to synchronize. Could become more in the future.

thanks Jettro

Re: Problem with the ldap plugin: ClassCastException in console

b.vanderschans@onehippo.com
Hi Jettro,

Seem like you hit a bug..

Anyway, wrt the folder: that is certainly possible. You need to set
the "hipposys:dirlevels" on the "hippoldap:userprovider" of your ldap
config. If you set it it to 1 it will store the user "jettro" in
"j/jettro", if you set it to 2 it will store the user in "j/e/jettro",
etc. You should aim to have no more than 500 users in one folder but
probably haven max some 200 users in a folder will be even better for
performance reasons. Keep in mind the usernames are usually not
equally distributed over the alphabet.

Regards,
Bart

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM, jettro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have found the issue. The problem is the amount of submodes in a query.
> This is limited to 2000, the query returns 2001 results. The final result is
> a label with the message that there are more results. This label node cannot
> be cast to the required tree node and therefore the console cannot show the
> user objects.
>
> This is the value: ... 7064 more ...
>
> Is it possible to store the users synchronized with ldap in multiple
> folders? Or increase the amount of items returned. We have around 10.000
> users that we need to synchronize. Could become more in the future.
>
> thanks Jettro

Re: Problem with the ldap plugin: ClassCastException in console

Frank van Lankvelt
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Bart van der Schans
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Jettro,
>
> Seem like you hit a bug..

indeed.  Filed & fixed.  Should work in new tags.
See https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/CMS7-5812

cheers, Frank